Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadows of Asia?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
This is probably getting lost among a zillion SR4 threads, but...

I heard it was there, am I correct?

What do people think of it? (I still haven't seen a full review... Starglyte? left it somewhere in the middle)
the_dunner
Yes, it was in fact there. I haven't looked at it yet, though.
Dashifen
I also purchased it and can confirm it was there.
Wireknight
It actually arrived at my local gaming shop last Wednesday (which, given the 6+ week wait between Loose Alliances' official release and the availability of hardcopies, was a pleasant surprise). Artwork is pretty good (same guy who did the cover for Man and Machine, if I'm not mistaken, also did the cover for this), plot twists and writeups are interesting. However, I have to footnote my positive review with the disclaimer that I know little about the locations being described. I thought California Free State was okay until I actually learned a thing or two about California.
JongWK
For what it's worth, many of SoA's writers or collaborators know Asia first hand:

Skarn Ka (Middle East) works in Israel and just finished a visit to Kashmir (possibly to check out the veracity of India's chapter) wink.gif

Otaku Mike (SE Asia) lives in Bangkok.

I wrote Korea with valuable help from Daegann, who was living in Korea at that moment (I think he's back in France now). I'd also like to point out that I'm half-Korean, in case no one noticed. wink.gif

Fastdos (Japan) had excellent support from Janus-san. cyber.gif

And so on...

(whoa, this is turning into a prop list smile.gif )
The Canterbury Tail
I've had a quick flick through the book, I got it on Tuesday last week from my FLGS in the UK. One thing that does jump out at me is the amount of editing mistakes in it. Just look at the opening paragraph for Israel and tell me what I'm missing, there is half a sentence missing there. I also spotted several other similar issues in my quick flick, which is odd I don't usually find them in Shadowrun.
Grinder
Just ordered it at my FLGS, hope to get it tomorrow smile.gif
(together with Chaositech, which seems to be a nice steampunk'n'alien sourcebook).
hermit
You'll get it tomorrow? Where do you live? What FLGS do you frequent?

Mine told me they'd get it in two weeks.
Grinder
www.dragonworld.de

They're based in Hamburg and usually ship the order the same day. As i live close to Hamburg, i'll normally have my order the next day. The parcel service is a quick one these days. smile.gif
Jürgen Hubert
QUOTE (Grinder)
www.dragonworld.de

direct link: http://www.dragonworld-shop.de/catalog/adv...9784b50&x=0&y=0

They're based in Hamburg and usually ship the order the same day. As i live close to Hamburg, i'll normally have my order the next day. The parcel service is a quick one these days. smile.gif

Yeah, Dragonworld is uncanny in how fast they deliver. It is possible that ninjas are involved somewhere...
hermit
Thanks! smile.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Jürgen Hubert)
Yeah, Dragonworld is uncanny in how fast they deliver. It is possible that ninjas are involved somewhere...

Drop Bears!
Darkness
@Grinder: About your Link! I've send you a PM about it. It's urgent that you read it.
Grinder
Yeah, got it. Thanks a lot smile.gif
Grinder
Just received the book (the german mail service is better than most people think smile.gif ) and had a look at it. Had some nice artwork and makes a good first impression, i'm really looking forward to read the section about Tibet and India.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012