Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: perception
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
6thDragon
I noticed there is a separate skill for perception. Will it still be linked to and attribute for perception test, if so what attribute? I would guess intuition, but I could be wrong.
hahnsoo
Your Intuition is correct. smile.gif It's Intuition + Perception.
tisoz
And enhanced articulation adds a die. spin.gif
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
Actually, no. Enhanced Articulation only adds a die for Physical Skills linked to a Physical Attribute.

I think I'll get this right the third time.

Can you tell I don't like how EA changed?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (tisoz)
And enhanced articulation adds a die. spin.gif

Actually, no. Enhanced Articulation only adds a die for Physical Skills linked to a Physical Attribute.
nezumi
I don't know why you don't like it, Tisoz. EA was one of the most broken pieces of ware in the whole game once they fixed the CED.
blakkie
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
QUOTE (tisoz @ Aug 22 2005, 04:04 PM)
And enhanced articulation adds a die.  spin.gif

For -any- skill linked to any of the physical attributes (Bod, Str, Agi, or Rea)? So that includes Dodge, Melee combat skills (including exotic types), and Firearms? Or am i somehow misunderstanding the meaning of "Physical Skills"?

If i have it right that seems like a pretty damn sweet tastie. Cost in cash and essense?
tisoz
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Aug 22 2005, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (tisoz @ Aug 22 2005, 04:04 PM)
And enhanced articulation adds a die.   spin.gif

For -any- skill linked to any of the physical attributes (Bod, Str, Agi, or Rea)? So that includes Dodge, Melee combat skills (including exotic types), and Firearms? Or am i somehow misunderstanding the meaning of "Physical Skills"?

If i have it right that seems like a pretty damn sweet tastie. Cost in cash and essense?

Yes, you are wrong, however, you're assumption was how I first got it wrong too. Don't feel bad, I even had the book.

To clarify, there are now clearly listed Physical Active Skills with clearly stated linked attributes. Ones that benefit from EA are climbing,diving, escape artist, gymnastics, infiltration, palming, parachuting, running, and swimming.

I think if it can help with some of these low motion skills it should help with melee skills at least and probably other skills as well.
Penta
Without the book...

OK, I get how it helps Climbing, Diving, Escape Artist, Gymnastics, Running, and Swimming.

I am wondering, however...

How does it help parachuting? Mechanically, parachuting doesn't require much in the way of physical articulation, even for freefall jumps.

Palming?

Infiltration?

Heck, someone want to post the descriptions of those two skills? Maybe there's something I'm missing?
hahnsoo
Palming and Infiltration make sense. Palming is slight of hand and stealing things (the old Pickpocket). Infiltration is sneaking past sensors and NPCs.

Parachuting doesn't make much sense, I agree.
Nikoli
Maybe for stunts and air boarding?
morlock76
Afaik (never jumped myself) the hardest part is ... dont laugh ... the landing.

I wouldnt be suprised if it helped there a TON... would still not make sense for all roles while trying to touch down though.
Nikoli
That makes sense, mid-plummet heart attacks aside, the landing is the only part that kills you generally.
tisoz
QUOTE (morlock76)
Afaik (never jumped myself) the hardest part is ... dont laugh ... the landing.

I imagined the hardest part is stepping out of a perfectly good airplane. smile.gif
Nikoli
That would be the hard part for me, landing is after all going to happen no matter what.
apple
- Falling and opening correctly (so that your parachute can open in the right direction).
- Actual landing which is very easy with a modern gliding parachute, its like standing up from a chair, but could be challenging during not so good weather or when on bad ground (or if using an old parachute, where you go down like a rock in water).

SYL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012