Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun videogame
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phoniex
Simple question, I meant to go and ask the Fanpro/wizkids/microsoft guys about the upcomming Shadowrun videogame. Did anything new about it get released at Gencon?

Caine Hazen
Nope...and I was doing some prying to the right ears for sure. But I think we might be hearing more soon. Rumors have floated that it is gonna be one of the flagship games for the XboX360.
Athenor
If I were to take a wild stab in the dark, I'd say it would be a 2007 game, at the earliest.

First, even for MSFT developing an IP takes time. Secondly, given the game's style, it would either go FPS or MMO, or both (perhaps those are just my wishes). Third... 2006, if MSFT is intellegent, will be Halo 3's big year... And they would be stupid to launch any kind of premier game during that time (and if Halo gets delayed past the PS3 launch, MSFT's gonna be in a bad place).

So yeah.. I see it as 2007, as a "bridge game" ... flagship, yes, but in kinda the same role that MechAssault was/is -- something to tide the flow between MSFT's original IP's.
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Athenor @ Aug 24 2005, 05:43 PM)
If I were to take a wild stab in the dark, I'd say it would be a 2007 game, at the earliest.

First, even for MSFT developing an IP takes time.  Secondly, given the game's style, it would either go FPS or MMO, or both (perhaps those are just my wishes). Third... 2006, if MSFT is intellegent, will be Halo 3's big year... And they would be stupid to launch any kind of premier game during that time (and if Halo gets delayed past the PS3 launch, MSFT's gonna be in a bad place).

So yeah.. I see it as 2007, as a "bridge game" ... flagship, yes, but in kinda the same role that MechAssault was/is -- something to tide the flow between MSFT's original IP's.

Well Huxley and Gears of war, the two most advertised games out of the 3 flagship games (halo 3 being the third) are coming out in 2006. So its not just going to be Halo 3. I'm more looking forward to the other to in all honesty

EDIT: Cause i'm a Idiot and completely murdered the name of the game Huxley nyahnyah.gif
Wintermancer
Hensley?
imperialus
yeah, you're a dog shaman who can access the matrix and be pretty damn handy with a gun too. nyahnyah.gif
BitBasher
QUOTE (imperialus)
yeah, you're a dog shaman who can access the matrix and be pretty damn handy with a gun too. nyahnyah.gif

Dances With Clams! biggrin.gif
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Wintermancer)
Hensley?

Huxley sorry...*mutters and changes it in the other post*
Sijal
If they did a MMO of Shadowrun, I would give up my three EQ2 accounts, my Meridian 59 account, and my SWG account.. just to have 5 or more accounts on that game alone...

That is my dream MMO. And with what they can do with MMO's right now, it would own anything out there.
hobgoblin
and it would suck worse then sonys drm on atrac files...
sanctusmortis
It's supposed to be a year one 360 game, so expect it before Q4 2006. But, well, that's it.
Nerbert
There's no human way its going to be an MMO. Its an unreliable license and the genre already exists (Anarchy Online) in a glutted market. Not to mention that the development cycles on MMOs are something like five+ years. My guess is that it will be a Deus Ex/System Shock 2 hybrid.

My expectations are not high.
2bit
it's a FPS.
Wounded Ronin
I like FPSes best, anyway.
tweak
Is this just the Shadowrun Assassin game brought back to life?

I mean, we have a very good Crimson Sky game on xbox. The Shadowrun for Genesis was
great for its time. When can I have a good Shadowrun game with today's graphics?

tweak
Chiba Cowboy
Fuck this. What you what is a non-linear 3rd person game in the vein of Fallout. You could mimic the rules almost perfectly, have masses of plotlines and immense replayability. If they make the game as good as the first Deus Ex I would satisfied. If it's "You are a street samurai... You are teh de4dly... Move from room to room shooting ninjas and stacking up boxes so you crawl through the air vents" it will suck. And mightly so...

hobgoblin
there is a game called hellgate london in the works for the pc.
by the looks of it its a fps with rpg elements, kinda similar to deus ex.
thing is tho that the diffrent areas are randomly generated, kinda like the diablo series.

allso, the weapons seems to be customizeable by putting together diffrent parts.

now if they can pull of something similar, but with the shadowrun name and world i have hopes.

problem is tho that this will be designed for console. and any fps i have tryed on a console sucks compared to one on a pc. why? bad controls. trying to aim with a joystick is silly at best. then there is the limits that a limited number of buttons put on the interface.

thats why i fear that we will get a deus ex 2 rather then a deus ex 1.
JongWK
I'd go for a Final Fantasy 3 version of Shadowrun. Complete with chibi characters. wink.gif

(Come to think of it, Earthdawn would make a damn good FF)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012