Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun apparel available at BattleCorps
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Spookymonster
linky
Kagetenshi
Harrumph, nothing properly immersive (like a Mitsuhama Computer Technologies coffee mug).

Still nice to see it existing.

~J
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
a Mitsuhama Computer Technologies coffee mug

: drool :
fistandantilus4.0
or an MP3 player with Shiawashe on it
Mr. Man
If these are the same as the ones at Gen Con they say Holostreets.com on the back in small print. Not sure what the site is going to be about, but I signed up for the email list they're putting together.
Tweeble
Isn't it the new fiction site they're making?
the_dunner
They mentioned Holostreets.com at the seminar as a new site for Shadowrun fiction and game support.
JongWK
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Aug 25 2005, 12:20 AM)
Harrumph, nothing properly immersive (like a Mitsuhama Computer Technologies coffee mug).

Still nice to see it existing.

~J

I have a Saeder-Krupp coffee mug in all its glorious colours. I use it when GM'ing. devil.gif
SFEley
T-shirts: eh. Is it just me, or does the basic Shadowrun logo get a little more boring with each iteration? I still have an old Shadowrun t-shirt with the horned skull logo. Now that was image.

QUOTE (JongWK @ Aug 26 2005, 08:35 AM)
I have a Saeder-Krupp coffee mug in all its glorious colours. I use it when GM'ing. devil.gif

Cool! Did you make it yourself, or was there a wave of these from FASA at some point?

Just thinking about this makes me wonder about the legality if some enterprising soul decided to start selling SR megacorporate apparel (and coffee mugs) at CafePress or someplace similar. On the one hand, I don't believe they ever trademarked the fictitious megacorp names. On the other hand, the Tolkien estate has been fairly successful at shutting people down just for using the word "hobbit," and this may fall under copyright in the same way.

Anyone know? Or for that matter, has anyone tried this?
ShadowDragon8685
How did you get that? Custom job?
JongWK
Cool! Did you make it yourself, or was there a wave of these from FASA at some point?

A friend of mine offered to do one for me (he was doing a bunch of anime-themed mugs for a convention), so I asked around and got a superb colour version of S-K's logo for it (thanks Mike!).

I don't plan to make copies of it: It's one of a kind and there can be only one Lofwyr. wink.gif

EDIT: Actually, I also have another one with SR3's "S" ... I plan to use that one as a Christmas gift.
Tal
QUOTE (SFEley)
Just thinking about this makes me wonder about the legality if some enterprising soul decided to start selling SR megacorporate apparel (and coffee mugs) at CafePress or someplace similar.

I think someone already thought of it. I remember seeing a couple of SR shirts there, but the Cafepress guys apparently pulled it for copyright infringement. sleepy.gif
Nyxll
QUOTE (Tal)
QUOTE (SFEley @ Aug 27 2005, 12:31 AM)
Just thinking about this makes me wonder about the legality if some enterprising soul decided to start selling SR megacorporate apparel (and coffee mugs) at CafePress or someplace similar.

I think someone already thought of it. I remember seeing a couple of SR shirts there, but the Cafepress guys apparently pulled it for copyright infringement. sleepy.gif

too bad they pulled it, it was 1000 times better than that stupid cover and logo.

If they had some slogins like "its 2070, do you know where your meat body is" etc ....

and some corporate logos, or some gun schematics etc.... then it might be worth it.
Tal
Yeah, I know. I'd love to see some more stuff like that though. Maybe some of us dumpshockers could make some stuff and submit it to FASA?
Chiba Cowboy
I think you are going to be fighting the ladies off wearing one of those t-shirts wink.gif
Wounded Ronin
I want a shirt featuring punks with uzis, like on the 2nd edition cover. Punks with uzis, maybe a ninja or two...that'd be ideal.
Chiba Cowboy
I want an Uzi with a shadowrun logo on it.
ShadowDragon8685
Ronin, the late '80s-early-'90s called. They want you back. Dead or Alive.
Sabosect
QUOTE (Tal)
QUOTE (SFEley @ Aug 27 2005, 12:31 AM)

Well, there's also the fact that Cafepress has the quality control of a lobotomized cocaine-addicted packrat... And that's before you attempt to insult them...
Lenice Hawk
Making samples, and then submitting them to FASA is probably the best idea. Either way, you get some SR gear. And maybe, just maybe, you get them to market it.
However, due to the relatively limited market, items that non SR's would buy just beccause it "looks cool" would have the best chance.

Tshirts are easy. Buy a pack of the special paper(usually comes with software), print up what you want, iron it on.

Mugs are tougher, but not undoable. If you can get what you want into a picture format, or something the Walmart Photo Center can use, you can purchase a photo mug for about 12 dollars. Or, go to a pottery painting place and paint your own. Around here, that would cause me probably $15-$20, but it's worth it for that extra cool look. A modicum of artistic talent is necessary.

My poor husband, now he gets to help me make a mug!
But he won't mind so long as he gets a GM of doom mug. cool.gif
Dashifen
Insult who? The lobotomized cocain-addicted packrat?
Tal
Sad, but true.
Spookymonster
Some of my best friends are lobotomized cocaine-addicted packrats, you insensitive clods!!!
Tal
Such wonderful company you keep, Spooky.
blakkie
QUOTE (the_dunner)
They mentioned Holostreets.com at the seminar as a new site for Shadowrun fiction and game support.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012