Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Failure: Adventure or Sourcebook?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wintermancer
So I have a question about the AWOL System Failure. Of all the descriptions I've read on fanpro's site, and others, as well as this forum, I'm not quite clear on what exactly it's supposed to be...

Is it a sourcebook with adventure ideas like Renraku: Shutdown and Year of the Comet?

Or is it a full blown adventure like Brainscan?

Or does anybody know?

Winter
winterhawk11
Neither, exactly. It's more like a combination of Mob War and Year of the Comet--it's got three tracks, each of which covers a different aspect of the events around the System Failure. Each one contains the framework of an adventure plus more seeds to help GMs come up with their own games, but it doesn't have completely-written-out adventures like Brainscan did. It's a tracked adventure series with sourcebook-type information and tons of plot hooks.
Ancient History
All this winter stuff makes me chilly. Brr.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Ancient History)
All this winter stuff makes me chilly. Brr.

Now all we need is for WinterRat to show up and we'll have the trifecta. smile.gif
Wintermancer
Hmm. Ok, got it. I never played Mob War, and didn't care too much for Year of the Comet, but the tracked adventure approach definitely sounds useful--both open ended enough for a game to be unique, yet detailed enough to give a clear path. Sounds potentially useful. Thanks.

Winter
Demonseed Elite
If you ever saw Blood in the Boardroom, a track style is used in that book too.
Wintermancer
Ooh, Blood in the Boardroom. Fun stuff. smile.gif

Winter
KosherPickle
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
Neither, exactly. It's more like a combination of Mob War and Year of the Comet--it's got three tracks, each of which covers a different aspect of the events around the System Failure.

Only three tracks? Boo!

Then again, I suppose it doesn't matter. I can't claim to have used even 1% of the material in all of the books I own.
Synner
The book also contains significant amounts of fiction which build up a patchwork quilt of the in game events as they unfold. These start long before System Failure and some play off material that's been slipped into several books since DotSW.
Grinder
Sounds promising smile.gif

Nice to see you back, Synner. Haven't read posts of you in the last time. Or missed them all, which is not unlikely wink.gif
tweak
I cannot wait for this book to come out. The background story in SR4 was pretty lacking. I hope this fills in the details.

Any info besides what is on the website?

tweak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012