Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: !SPOILER! SR4 and System Faliure !SPOILER!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
CrystalBlue
I want to know how all of you know that Captain Chaos dies. That's just...not fair. He's...bad-ass! I mean, he was the Shadowlands. Without him...my life is empty and gone, and so are many of my dreams. Damn it! >.< Why did he have to die? And what about anyone else? Do we know if other people died, such as Renraku Fox, Dodger, Fast Jack, and all the other loveable, huggable character's we've come to know and love. This just...damn it! Now I really need System Faliure. I need it like I need a soda. And I really need a soda right about now. *goes to get a soda, damn it*
Westiex
Its been posted in another SR4 thread that Capt. Chaos dies - I don't see how posting it here spoils that.
Slacker
Wel, I have yet to read the entire book but the post by FastJack (yes he is still around) at the beginning of "A History Lesson For the Realitiy Impaired" implies that yest Captain Chaos is dead. Specifically:
QUOTE (SR4 pg 22)
"...hell, Captain Chaos should've been writing this, but he went down with his ship during the second Crash...."
Oracle
His death will be avenged. Soon.
CrystalBlue
I put it here as not everyone had read that topic. But you're right...it's already been spoiled.

KAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHN!!! *shakes his first in the air* Damn that AI...damn him to hell!
Toa
Well, like I posted long time before the release, I think Cap Chaos dying is a good idea. wink.gif I don't like FastJack as his successor, though. That one should have gone under, too.
mintcar
I like Fast Jack as the successor. He´s never been heavily used but has always been there. He has just the right qualities to be the heavy voice of reason that every neophyte runner listens to.
hahnsoo
Which is odd, as FastJack is probably significantly older than Captain Chaos. According to FastJack himself in the history section, he's 71.
Connor
A little bit of Leonization (The SOTA name escapes me) goes a long way.
Steadfast
I always asked myself, who the frag is Cap Chaos annyway? Whatever, I feared for fastjack to got blotted out of SR, but I won't shed many a tear for Cap Chaos.

Be that as that may be, opinions and tastes do vary (which is distinctively good), one never knows if a legend returns somehow, somewhere.

We'll see how the official universe will progress and treat our heroes (or villains for that matter).

I am looking for some exciting new twists.

Regards
Daniel
Cheops
Hard not to feel nostalgia and loss for the guy who prefaced every book and chapter of every book for many years.
Darkness
Yeah. Who will write the Sourcebooks now ?
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Connor)

pointy ears and a interest in daisys help to wink.gif
chevalier_neon
QUOTE (Darkness @ Aug 29 2005, 01:01 PM)

Looks like fastjack will. Here is what Fast Jack says :
"Captain chaos should've been writting this, but he went down with his ship during the second crash. Someone's got to look for the next generation, and it might as well be me because I'm the last dinosaur of my kind..."

Req
QUOTE (chevalier_neon)
QUOTE (Darkness @ Aug 29 2005, 01:01 PM)

Looks like fastjack will. Here is what Fast Jack says :
"Captain chaos should've been writting this, but he went down with his ship during the second crash. Someone's got to look for the next generation, and it might as well be me because I'm the last dinosaur of my kind..."

oh dear lord, does that sound like CyberGeneration... ohplease.gif
bclements
Is there still a Shadowland?
JesterX
If they don't say what JackBNimble was about, I think I'm gonna cry...
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Connor)

They use Leonization as the term in Loose Alliances.
Conskill
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
QUOTE (Connor @ Aug 29 2005, 06:55 PM)

He's a bit old for that. Got established way back in the Denver book that he was 12 when the Awakening happened, so he missed UGE.
blakkie
QUOTE (Conskill)
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Aug 29 2005, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (Connor @ Aug 29 2005, 06:55 PM)

He's a bit old for that. Got established way back in the Denver book that he was 12 when the Awakening happened, so he missed UGE.

Spike Baby makes it possible. But he's suppose to be human.
Darkness
The only confirmed Spike Baby i know of is The Dodger.
blakkie
QUOTE (Darkness)

Nah, there were the ones that laid the pre-Awakening groundwork for Tír na nÓg. Then i believe there were another couple in the offical web site fiction, and so on. Frankly they've gotten to be a bit like dandelions, popping up all over the place with their rude flashiness. wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Darkness)

There are more, i'm sure. wink.gif
toturi
Capt Chaos probably Hand of God the first crash and could not do so again for the second.
Grinder
He was around at the first Crash? If yes, he must be as old as Fastjack, so maybe he died because of his high age. wink.gif
Elve
Since Cross died the same day...
Any connections there?
blakkie
If you are thinking Cross is CC, well Cross suppositly bites it in an aircraft crash. Which sounds a lot different, so unless somebody is telling A Big Lie™, no.
hobgoblin
about spike babys, was there not some talk about ethan the scribe and spike babys in tir tarngire? (there are two words i may never get 100% correct, ever. this and some being from beyond the stars in our fav horror game)
nezumi
Yes, Ehran ran a special house for spike babies. Dodger spent some time there and Sam Verner passed in ever-so briefly. There were at least two other notable characters at the house, at least one I believed to also be a spike baby, but I don't remember any names. No one of import though, unless you go for that sort of stuff (listed in the book, I mean. If Fastjack spend time there, that'd be pretty important.)
JesterX
Huh guys... Sorry to snap you back to earth but that wasn't Ehran.. That was Sean Laverty...
Autarkis
Aren't they one and the same?
Blacken
Ehran, Surehand, Aithne, Harlequin, Aina, Alachia and Jenna Ni'Faira, and Laverty aren't spike elves. (Well, Ni'Faira and Laverty may be, I don't know for sure.) They're immortal elves. I realize that most of you know this, but some folks may not, so here it is anyway.

Laverty ran the Xavier Foundation--yes, X-Men, we get it--for spike babies.

Ehran and Laverty are different. You may be thinking of Ehran and Walter Bright Water, who are assumed to be one and the same.
Autarkis
AH would be so ashamed I got them confused. frown.gif
nezumi
Sorry, yes Laverty. Ehran made a brief cameo in the same novel, but didn't run the house.

I read the books, didn't especially care for them, and I guess forgot all the important bits. But that's why we have AH, right?
Supercilious
I am dying to read the new book, just to figure everything out.

I am going to be running SR3, too, I can barely justify the cost, but it CC is dying than I might as well sing over my Credit Card information now...

As for Captain Chaos... I hope he went out with a bang, and I hope he transfered himself into a UV host, and I hope... Basically I hope he circumvents death. Of all the characters in the books that I love, I would rather have any other character die besides Captain Chaos.
Synner
The hows and whys of the final fate of Captain Chaos, Cross, JackBNimble and much, much more are detailed in System Failure which should be making its ways into stores in the next few weeks.
Blacken
QUOTE (Supercilious)
I am dying to read the new book, just to figure everything out.

I am going to be running SR3, too, I can barely justify the cost, but it CC is dying than I might as well sing over my Credit Card information now...

As for Captain Chaos... I hope he went out with a bang, and I hope he transfered himself into a UV host, and I hope... Basically I hope he circumvents death. Of all the characters in the books that I love, I would rather have any other character die besides Captain Chaos.

"My name is Captain Chaos, and I'm having a bad day."
Supercilious
QUOTE (Synner)
The hows and whys of the final fate of Captain Chaos, Cross, JackBNimble and much, much more are detailed in System Failure which should be making its ways into stores in the next few weeks.

Is this confirmation that JackBNimble will be explained?
blakkie
QUOTE (Blacken)
"My name is Captain Chaos, and I'm having a bad day."

More like:

"My name is Captian Chaos, do you have Morgana's number so i can date inside my species? Guys dig crazy chicks!"
Bandwidthoracle
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
QUOTE (Connor @ Aug 29 2005, 11:55 AM)

They use Leonization as the term in Loose Alliances.

Refresh my memory, what's Leonization?
Darkness
It' a genetical treatment, which results in younger bodycells, hence prolonging your life. It's around since SR2.
blakkie
QUOTE (Darkness)
It' a genetical treatment, which results in younger bodycells, hence prolonging your life. It's around since SR2.

I initially read that as "genital". Time for a nap. dead.gif
Darkness
QUOTE (blakkie)
I initially read that as "genital". Time for a nap. dead.gif

Well....
er....
yeah! Perhaps.
But nonetheless: rotfl.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Synner)

Help me out, please: who is JackBimble?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Grinder)
Help me out, please: who is JackBimble?

JackBNimble was a program given to Captain Chaos in Dunkelzahn's Will, supposedly a powerful IC-breaker or something similar.
blakkie
Not who, what. Excert from Dunk's will:

To Captain Chaos, I leave the encrypted file JackBNimble. Whatever rewards it reveals are yours. I had no success trying to decrypt this thing, but I’ve always believed it contained some communication from another world. Of course, I could be wrong. I’ve also notified the Draco Foundation to provide for your well-being in the event the file deals you a debilitating injury.

Grinder
Thank you. It's quite a while since i read Dunkie's Will. smile.gif
SL James
[ Spoiler ]
Kagetenshi
[ Spoiler ]

~J
SL James
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Aug 31 2005, 10:45 PM)
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012