Pages: 1, 2
Spookymonster
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1512361.html
Arethusa
Holy crap.
Velocity
Fascinating/Disgusting.
wagnern
can't operate? I'm no Dr, but the fraging thing is on his face, outside of his skull. They are just being lazy.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (wagnern @ Aug 29 2005, 01:17 PM)
can't operate?  I'm no Dr, but the fraging thing is on his face, outside of his skull.  They are just being lazy.

Could be a massive artery running through it, and it would be too risky to cut. Maybe?
nezumi
Maybe the doctors he can afford doing his street shows for money are too incompetent to chop a piece off another man's head.
mmu1
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Could be a massive artery running through it, and it would be too risky to cut. Maybe?

There are no massive arteries in that area of the body, and a new one wouldn't develop just to feed the tumor, so I don't think that's likely - and cutting arteries isn't all that risky in this day and age, anyway. (a guy in my Sunday RPG group had a large portion of his aorta replaced with synthetic...)

Could be anything, really... Could be there's shitty medical care where he lives - hardly surprising, if this guy really had to walk 18 day to get to a major city - and they don't feel they can/don't want to handle it. (this is the one I'd bet on) Or the growth could have spread into other areas that aren't immediately apparent. Or they're worried that they'd damage facial/ocular nerves in the process, and don't think it's worth it. Or it could require the removal of some of the skull bone in the area and reconstructive surgery they're not up to...
wagnern
I got it. The P.T. Barnems of China have a running deal with the Doctors. You know, a 'finders fee' for all freaks.
psykotisk_overlegen
He looks sort of happy with his disfigurement though. Most people I know would hide beneath something if they grew something like that out of their foreheads, even if it did happen very slowly and gradually. I give him credit just for showing himself to the photographers. Besides, he can lift quite a lot with that thing.
Fresno Bob
Its like a supertumor! He should fight crime. He could be Rhinoman.
psykotisk_overlegen
Or he could be a supervillain. The disfigured ones choose that line of work more often than not. In the glorious world of comic books anyway.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (mmu1 @ Aug 29 2005, 07:46 PM)
There are no massive arteries in that area of the body, and a new one wouldn't develop just to feed the tumor, so I don't think that's likely

I'm not convinced that that is true. I remember seeing a program about a guy that had a tumor that was 14 stone in weight (or something close) That tumor had it's own artery.
psykotisk_overlegen
I very much doubt that the forehead tumour this man has is 14 stone.
Shockwave_IIc
I was mainly directing my comment at the

and a new one wouldn't develop just to feed the tumor,

Of the statment. i shall bold that now.
psykotisk_overlegen
Okay, with the bold you're argument makes alot more sense.
Are you sure that the tumour had it's own artery though, and not that one of the existing ones had rerouted to go through the tumour? I'm asking because I find it hard to believe that a tumour could start all the changes that a new artery would require.
Shockwave_IIc
It was a long time ago that i saw the program. But i do remember that the surgeons were suprised by it being there.
psykotisk_overlegen
Well, if they found one in that mans forehead they'd be in for the shock of their life. grinbig.gif
Juggernaut125
Unfortunately for Mrs. Ying, Wang's... achem.... wang... is only as big as a squirrel's. And, when ever he gets excited, his forehead seems to get bigger.
Tal
Curse you and your dark magic carpentry skills, Jepetto.
toturi
Should be Mrs Wang. You don't have much contact with Wuxing, do you Jug?
Juggernaut125
I do not. Curse my small town upbringing.
Kyuhan
I just suddenly go the urge to snap that thing off...
Grinder
Weird. eek.gif
PBTHHHHT
I agree with Kyuhan, I really feel like chopping it off for some reason. Maybe we should start up a collection and hire some runners to remove the horn. I'll join the conspiracy that'll try and prevent the Awakening... if possible. silly.gif
Fresno Bob
What if he go shot in the face, and the tumor stopped the bullet and saved his life? You all wouldn't be so disparaging of it then!
ShadowDragon8685
That's just really kinda.... Euuugh.

I hate to think about what'll happen if that thing ulcerates. Yaaargh!
Kyuhan
Thanks ShadowDragon8685, I needed that mental picture. sarcastic.gif spin.gif
PBTHHHHT
A very sickening thought... Some wacky person out there might think that grinding it up might serve as an aphrodisiac or something. They do that with other animal parts, why not human? Oooo... in the Sixth world, there's the disturbing case of the Troll horn harvesting... and other such things, dried elven ears anyone?
Sabosect
Dried elven ears are a key ingrediant in novacoke.

And, trust me, you don't want to know what they make the SR equivolent of fairy dust out of.
Fresno Bob
Well, you gotta grind them up. Thats the only way to get the magic out.
Kyuhan
rotfl.gif
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Kyuhan)
Thanks ShadowDragon8685, I needed that mental picture. sarcastic.gif spin.gif

Neither did I. But then I remembered that misery loves company. I had to stare at a tumor on my dog's knee, huge sucker, about the size of a d100. It blew. Yeeargh. Had to watch it like that for a couple of weeks before the vet could operate.

The aftermath was almost worse. Euuugh.
Fortune
If it were me, I'd be telling all the girls that I have unicorn blood, and that means I possess a special affinity for virgins. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Aku
QUOTE (Fortune)
If it were me, I'd be telling all the girls that I have unicorn blood, and that means I possess a special affinity for virgins. wink.gif biggrin.gif

don't we all, anyways?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Aku)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Aug 31 2005, 06:27 PM)

don't we all, anyways?

Some of use prefer practiced skill.
Fresno Bob
I'd rather level up a virgin myself than deal with an experienced character.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Voorhees)
I'd rather level up a virgin myself than deal with an experienced character.

It isn't worth the karma unless the virgin already has an abnormally high HEN stat.
What is the point if your to old to enjoy it by the time it becomes enjoyable?
Fresno Bob
You're obviously not taking into account how may karma runs we'd be doing daily.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Voorhees @ Aug 31 2005, 10:13 PM)
You're obviously not taking into account how may karma runs we'd be doing daily.

You do understand that obtaining karma requires doing something that is dangerous and potentially life-threatening. Robbing banks, breaking into Area 51 to steal an alien spacecraft, and assasinating the local mob boss are all examples of karma runs. This is why most teenagers take a year off to kill people betwee high school and college.

In order to get karma during sexual escapades you have to do it on top of a telephone pole, on a trapeze without a net, or something equally spectacular. Of course, you could always have sex while assasinating a local mob boss.
Herald of Verjigorm
Not that uncommon.
Couldn't even find the one I was looking for about sex in a car driving way too fast down strange Italian roadways.
Elfie
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
QUOTE (Aku @ Aug 31 2005, 07:14 PM)

don't we all, anyways?

And some of us prefer defaulting to dexterity.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Elfie)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Aug 31 2005, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE (Aku @ Aug 31 2005, 07:14 PM)

don't we all, anyways?

And some of us prefer defaulting to dexterity.

I prefer defaulting to perversity over defaulting to dexterity.
However, if you are using SR4 rules both attributes could be used.

Of course, there is no substitute for high perversity, high dexterity, high skill, several metasexual feats, $1,000,000 worth of equipment, encyclopediac knowledge of human anatomy with a specialization in erogeonous zones, and a copy of the original Kama Sutra.
Aku
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
QUOTE (Voorhees @ Aug 31 2005, 10:13 PM)

You do understand that obtaining karma requires doing something that is dangerous and potentially life-threatening. Robbing banks, breaking into Area 51 to steal an alien spacecraft, and assasinating the local mob boss are all examples of karma runs. This is why most teenagers take a year off to kill people betwee high school and college.

In order to get karma during sexual escapades you have to do it on top of a telephone pole, on a trapeze without a net, or something equally spectacular. Of course, you could always have sex while assasinating a local mob boss.

I'm guessing you're a married person, as a single person out here, it IS dangerous to have sex lol....
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Aku)

I'm guessing you're a married person, as a single person out here, it IS dangerous to have sex lol....

I'm not married.
Fresno Bob
How much karma do you get for having sex in a place where you could be easily caught by others?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Voorhees @ Sep 2 2005, 06:18 PM)
How much karma do you get for having sex in a place where you could be easily caught by others?

1 for completed mission.
+1 if the location required exceptional planning.
+2 if the performance contained unusual amount of creativity.
+3 if the sex act being performed is punishable by imprisionment.
+10 if you are playing mare.
Fresno Bob
Awesome, I have 6 karma. I should raise my strength from 3 to 4.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Awesome, I have 6 karma. I should raise my strength from 3 to 4.

So that rules out him playing mare... wink.gif
nezumi
Dumb question, whats 'playing mare'? You neigh during sex?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (nezumi @ Sep 3 2005, 03:47 PM)
Dumb question, whats 'playing mare'?  You neigh during sex?

Far more dangerous than that. A perforated colon is not a pleasent way to die.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...c=9434&hl=horse
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012