Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just go ahead and torture me, why don't ya?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nomad
Don't do this to me

Kagetenshi
Damn, now I wish I had a spare copy to auction.

Not for the money, just to torment you.

~J
Triggerz
Yeah, that's pretty sadistic. I wonder if the guy bought the copy just to resell it or he just didn't like SR4 after he read the book. sarcastic.gif
Nomad
Thanks alot nyahnyah.gif
BookWyrm
I saw this last night. I'll wait for the retail copy.
Spookymonster
So... pretty.... must... walk... into... the light.......
Kagetenshi
Isn't it away from the light?

~J
Wintermancer
Yeah, I started checking eBay for these after GenCon just to see what they would go for. There was also a Limited Edition plus Normal Edition two-book set that auctioned a few days back, and it almost hit the mid $200's.

Winter
Brazila
Actually it went for 202.50 I won the bid and drove to Indy the moment it ended and picked the book up the same night. It was High but still cheaper than going to GenCon and staying overnight a couple times to pickup a copy there. I have my LE now (#195) and I have no regrets.
Babel
I'll be happy to get mine for $56 including shipping from BattleCorps, true I don't have it right now but I can wait as long as the PDF comes out in the next few days.
hyb
Probably purchased it from the little punk who had no clue what Shadowrun was when he was in line and thus deprived those people who waited in line with intent to actually keep the book.
tisoz
I'd have been money ahead to only pay $102.50 plus shipping rather than the $50 in gas and the $50 for the book. Would have cut out a lot of frustration and time spent volunteering to offset another potential $81 in admittance fees, and mile walks to avoid $30 parking fees.

But no guarantee I'd get the book.

Notice though, he did start the auction at cost.

I'm tempted to sell my copies after reading a bit more. Too bad they changed the setting so much that it is practically impossible to go back to SR3.

Anyone want to make an offer on a little used SR$? Opening bid is cost.
Ghostfire
I'll offer 45 bucks + shipping, right now. smile.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
Torture Inc. - Nomad asks, tisoz delivers. rotfl.gif
Grinder
biggrin.gif
Kesh
QUOTE (tisoz)
I'm tempted to sell my copies after reading a bit more. Too bad they changed the setting so much that it is practically impossible to go back to SR3.

Anyone want to make an offer on a little used SR$? Opening bid is cost.

I'm sorely tempted to take you up on that offer...
Supercilious
If I were at gencon I would lot buy the whole run of LE (If they allowed that? I have the starting capital). Then resell every LE copy for double.

I bet they would all be gone in a few weeks, I am surprised none of you other devious SR players/GM's did not think to capitalize on the others...

(Of course, they could have had the 1-per-person rule in effect, in which case I look like an idiot. If so, ignore me).
Demonseed Elite
Yeah, that's exactly why there was a limit on LE purchases per person at GenCon.
Blacken
So enlist the help of some friends. nyahnyah.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Supercilious)
If I were at gencon I would lot buy the whole run of LE (If they allowed that? I have the starting capital). Then resell every LE copy for double.

and be ready to get a visit from a dumpshock lynchmob cyber.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
QUOTE (Supercilious @ Aug 30 2005, 07:59 PM)

and be ready to get a visit from a dumpshock lynchmob cyber.gif

He'd never get his dolly of books out the GenCon front door. wink.gif
mmu1
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Aug 29 2005, 10:27 PM)
Damn, now I wish I had a spare copy to auction.

Not for the money, just to torment you.

~J

I'm almost tempted to try to buy this one just to taunt various people with it.

"SR4 Limited Edition - $120.95, digital camera - $399.99, a can of lighter fluid - $6.99. The look on the faces of people who actually drove to GenCon but didn't manage to get one..." nyahnyah.gif
Kagetenshi
I'd offer you my place to hole up until the bloodlust dies down, but people probably have a better idea of my location than yours wink.gif

~J
hobgoblin
just give me the general location and free access to the fotball...
Gilthanis
QUOTE (Brazila)
Actually it went for 202.50 I won the bid and drove to Indy the moment it ended and picked the book up the same night. It was High but still cheaper than going to GenCon and staying overnight a couple times to pickup a copy there. I have my LE now (#195) and I have no regrets.

You forgot to mention how much money you turned down for your copy by the guys from Germany when you picked it up.
tisoz
QUOTE (Ghostfire)
I'll offer 45 bucks + shipping, right now. smile.gif

Going once...
Elve
LE or normal?
tisoz
QUOTE (Elve)
LE or normal?

Started at cost???
Elve
so normal?
Kagetenshi
Two bits!

~J
blakkie
QUOTE (Elve)
so normal?

Limited edition retail is US$45, standard edition is US$35. So unless Bull at GenCon was taking standards, gluing a piece of blue construction paper and a bit of S-shaped tinfoil on the front to mark them up to $45, that is an LE.
Ghostfire
Waiting for the Going three times, still. smile.gif
winterhawk11
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (Elve @ Aug 30 2005, 09:10 PM)
so normal?

Limited edition retail is US$45, standard edition is US$35. So unless Bull at GenCon was taking standards, gluing a piece of blue construction paper and a bit of S-shaped tinfoil on the front to mark them up to $45, that is an LE.

Limited edition retail is actually $49.95, not $45.
Ghostfire
Well, in that case, I shall up my offer to 55 bucks, payable via PayPal. Lemme know.

Just so long as you can get it shipped reasonably quickly.
Kagetenshi
Three bits? I'll even give you the odd half-cent…

~J
blakkie
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Aug 30 2005, 10:03 PM)

~J

You just aren't in the ballpark. Maybe try sweeting the deal with a bag of dirt and a used condom?

EDIT: Hrmm, Winterhawk you're right. Not sure WTF is the deal then. Maybe Bull was selling arts & crafts altered standards as a "great deal on an LE". wink.gif
tisoz
I will sell a standard copy. It cost $35, the LE was $50 and harder to get.

Ghostfire, if you want it for $45 + shipping (I am not going to make you bid against yourself, or maybe you thought the second bid was for a LE?), and no one wants it more by midnight CST, I'll contact you.
[ Spoiler ]
Bull
QUOTE (blakkie)

~J

You just aren't in the ballpark. Maybe try sweeting the deal with a bag of dirt and a used condom?

EDIT: Hrmm, Winterhawk you're right. Not sure WTF is the deal then. Maybe Bull was selling arts & crafts altered standards as a "great deal on an LE". wink.gif

Ok, how did I get dragged into this, and what did i do now?? smile.gif

Bull
blakkie
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 31 2005, 04:03 AM)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Aug 30 2005, 11:06 PM)

~J

Ok, how did I get dragged into this, and what did i do now?? smile.gif

Bull

Someone posted a picture of you in an Ork Decker costume, and it just struck me as looking like someone my mother would warn me not to trust....or talk to, or walk on the same side of the street as. wink.gif
Bull
Heh, ahh that. Yeah. Probably right smile.gif

Bull
Gilthanis
QUOTE (Wintermancer @ Aug 29 2005, 10:52 PM)
Yeah, I started checking eBay for these after GenCon just to see what they would go for. There was also a Limited Edition plus Normal Edition two-book set that auctioned a few days back, and it almost hit the mid $200's.

Winter

If you think Brazila's deal was insane...one Limited Edition sold for $1.50 less.

Ebay #2
Adam
Damn. Why don't I have any extras to sell?
FlakJacket
Because you're annoyingly honest at times?
Gilthanis
Maybe if they would have made 2000 copies, you would have. biggrin.gif I know a lot of people would have been much happier with Fanpro if they had enough for the demand. I think the LE is more attractive by the cover alone. Makes it feel like a "cooler" book.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Gilthanis)
QUOTE (Wintermancer @ Aug 29 2005, 10:52 PM)

Winter

If you think Brazila's deal was insane...one Limited Edition sold for $1.50 less.

Ebay #2

Well, of course. Miles Lanier can afford it, after all. smile.gif

(check the buyer)
Lindt
Its LIMITED. In 3 years if you have one it will be like those people that have BABYs. We hate them for being lucky bastereds.

Which is why my GenGon shwag (when ever it shows up) is going on my shelf and staying there till I get a normal copys from my FLGS. If it makes it there, and my FLGS stays in busniess long enough =(

*edit* and why does the german win it.... *grrrrr*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012