Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [RL/S-OT] Get your own airforce!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
Next time your GM says it's too expensive... show him this. wobble.gif
Kyuhan
....I currently have 100 dollars in my wallet...and a large driveway...
mmu1
Uh... They're thinking of selling them to Poland? Yeah, I'm sure they'll be in a rush to replace upgraded Mig-29s and new block F-16s with 40-year-old planes that they don't have a support infrastructure for. And they'll be paying Korea in potatoes and quaint folk-style hand-woven rugs and glazed goods. sarcastic.gif
Maltaltin
So what you do is start a new character and spend all your points for money not only could you have your own airforce but dare I say it? an army of flying midgits in old crappy planes that might just get blown out of the sky by lower grade pistols sweet
wagnern
Ever play Axis and Alies? Remember how you alwies bring a few infentry squads along when you invade because you need "some one to die"?

But realy, they may be usefull as trainers and converted into giant remote controled planes for target practice.
Fresno Bob
Hey, its better than no supersonic jet fighter.
JongWK
Or good planes for a third world airforce (say, Uruguay).
wagnern
You can't buy a missle for that.

By the way, never, never sell Japan planes at this cost.

In fact, better leave the entire middle east out of that deal just to be safe.

Apathy

You don't need missles; just hang a cluster of drop bears from the wings and make it a bomber.
hobgoblin
whats with drop bears on this forum?
Req
QUOTE (Apathy)
You don't need missles; just hang a cluster of drop bears from the wings and make it a bomber.

Do drop bears come in clusters?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Req)
QUOTE (Apathy @ Aug 30 2005, 01:25 PM)

Do drop bears come in clusters?

Is the Pope Catholic?
Adarael
Only if you buy the Meat Eucalyptus Branch rack, which costs significantly more than the bears themselves. If you have it, though, they'll cluster up real nice. All beady, red eyes and cooing.
Nikoli
Just spoke with my wife,
discussing the merits of being the only family with a supersonic jet on blocks in the front yard in the neighborhood.
Paul
Dude Jong, where do you come across all of this cool stuff? You really rock man.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Just spoke with my wife,
discussing the merits of being the only family with a supersonic jet on blocks in the front yard in the neighborhood.

Your commute will be a breeze. Considering Atlanta's rush hour...
You know the sad part is when I moved to DC, and listening to people complain of DC's traffic. I just can't seem to find what's wrong with it. In some ways I think DC's is about the same if not better (the better being, DC having a better subway/bus system to alleviate the traffic)!
Nikoli
nonono, you misunderstand. it would be on blocks, like a red-neck planter.
Vaevictis
QUOTE (wagnern)

No, but if you add $200 in parts to these, you can buy a missile for $300.
Ed_209a
So, what can you sell 8 tons of scrap metal for now... If I led a poor country, 8 tons of metal for $100 sounds like a good deal, no matter what form the metal is in.
wagnern
QUOTE (Vaevictis)
QUOTE (wagnern @ Aug 30 2005, 03:05 PM)

No, but if you add $200 in parts to these, you can buy a missile for $300.

$200 in parts? Who needs that? How quickly can you train someone how to fly one of these things? Not opperate anything, not land, not make any fancy turns, just point the nose at something and lay into the throttle.
Lindt
I wonder if it comes with a tank of gas... at 3 bucks a gallon youd save money in it right there.
Shadow
I want one so bad.

Juneau to Seattle in 20 minutes! Of course the fuel would be a bit spendy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012