Full Version: RL Yakuza boss retires
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
Sheesh, have you read the other articles? I love Japan! biggrin.gif eek.gif
Demonseed Elite
The headline for this one is great:

Otaku outraged over cracks in make-up of maids at sexy servant hotel
blakkie
What really hits me is how open this appeared to be. Unless they were just making up quotes (the site strikes me as trash media) can you imagine a criminal organization in NA or Europe holding a convention like that? Or even being so openly criminal to start with.
JongWK
How about this for a job interview?
blakkie
The job interview was held atop Japan's highest mountain to make sure new employees have what it takes to scale the heights of business, ....and to provide the company with a tactless excuse for a photo op. rotfl.gif
JongWK
Wanted: Experienced Secretary

For: Prestigious German multinational

Requirements: Applicants must travel to a TBD cave, where interview with company CEO will take place. No return garanteed. Virgin maids and draconic blood always a bonus. Immortal Elves need not to apply.
mfb
the same thing happens in the US, and anywhere else in the world, blakkie. everybody knows who the high-end mob bosses are; the trick is catching them in the act of something that will put them in jail for a long time.
JongWK
Not all Yakuza get lucky
Aku
QUOTE (mfb)
the same thing happens in the US, and anywhere else in the world, blakkie. everybody knows who the high-end mob bosses are; the trick is catching them in the act of something that will put them in jail for a long time.

aint that the truth, even one of the most famous of them (maybe even king in americans eyes) og gangsters, (fritzing on the name, wanna say Al capone) didnt even get jailed for any gangster activites, but for tax evasion
will_rj
One thing to remember. After the war, lots of money for the rebuild effort came from yakuza sources. Somehow they took advantage of the situation to become even more rooted in the japanese government and public instituitions.

BTW, it took me a while to figure out the meaning of the word sararimen, a commonplace in shadowtalk. (English is not my first language, if itīs not obvious from my way of writing)
Aku
Dont worry will ri, it took me a while too, and i was playing a MUD as my first experience into the new SR (not having heard of it since the old video games) until i finally pieced together that there saraiman were in the same ages that wageslaves were....
blakkie
QUOTE (mfb @ Aug 30 2005, 03:54 PM)

Yes and no.

The Gambino family in New York does not hold conventions where reporters sit in or get quotes of what is said inside.

In Canada just holding that meeting would, i believe, be a crime. Roughly along the lines of conspiring to participate in a criminal organization. Being a member of a criminal organization is illegal here, not just the act of commiting a crime.

A criminal organization is a group of 3 or more people whose collective's primary reason for existance is performing or profiting from criminal activities. This means that 2 thieves and their fence can be considered one. But primarily it is used for groups like the Hells Angles, who were the prime political motivation for the law.

So any 1%er that walks around in a patched jacket can be, and is likely to be charged.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012