Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Creation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fygg Nuuton
this weekend i get an idea, and i have a good idea about the history, i wrote the self-commentary and i made the character sheet v/1.0. however...

i cannot think of a name. real name or street name. this is depressing, well, only a little bit, not like gigli depressing or anything.

ok, so the basic rundown. he used to be a cop then somethin goes wrong on a routine day to day thing. building burns but hes perfectly fine. guy has amnesia, surprise. and hes a physical mage who follows phoenix. ill post what i have so far.

my record for posting characters is good, 100% of them have gotten good praise. ok i posted one before and i cant find the thread to save my life right now, so, be gentle smile.gif
Fygg Nuuton
self commentary "so far"

“My eyes opened to see that I was in what used to be a warehouse before the fire, with bloody holes through my vest. Sounds like the prologue to some mystery novel, doesn’t it? Unfortunately it isn’t. It is, however, very mysterious. Those bloody holes? I can’t explain them, because I was fine. No bullets, no stab wounds, not even a damn paper cut. Actually, I wasn’t even burnt, even though there were small fires and smoke everywhere. I can’t remember anything before I opened my eyes. What I do know is I must have been a cop, or at least posing as one. The gun on my belt had only three rounds left in it, so I guess there was a struggle, but I didn’t see any bodies. All I found, apart from the burnt structure was a lock box with cash in it, only eight thousand. I pocketed that cash and hopped the first bus out of Vegas. That bus took me to Seattle, and it must have been fate that brought me here. Now I run the shadows and life is good. Okay, good is a little far fetched. I have a small apartment, and almost no extra cash to my name. Little by little things come back to me, and I search for answers whenever I can, but I honestly believe I’ll never know who or what I really was. And as bad as that is, I can deal. I mean, hey, I’m still here right?”
Sunday_Gamer
A Pheonix totemed born again uh?

Ash
Mulligan
Take Two
Singed
Zeroed

I'm just brain storming here...I never give my characters street names, I always let someone else take care of that, since to me, that's usually how it works.

Sunday
Fygg Nuuton
Elf physical shaman

no name yet
nuyen.gif 100
Low Lifestyle (a 10 by 10 foot studio)

Amnesia 3
Compassionate
Hung out to dry
Ambidexterity 4(lvl2)
Exceptional att. QUI
Focused concentration

B:4 Q:8 S:4 C:4 I:6 W:6
Essence: 6
Magic 6
Reaction: 9
Initiative: 2d6

Unarmed Combat 4
Pistols 5
Sorcery 5
Athletics 4
Stealth 5
Lock Picking 3
Submachine Guns 3

ST:Arms Dealers 4
ST:Current Affairs 4
ST:Gang Identification 3
ST: Police Procedures 5
ST:Shadowrunner Haunts 3
IN:Gambeling Card Games 3
Piano 3
AK:Greater Seattle 2
AK:Redmond Barrens 3
English 5
Sign Language 2
Spanish 2

Magical power 5 (Geasa: Gesture)
Improved Reflexes 1
Flare Compensation

Treat 5
Phys. Mask 5
Flamethrower 5
Levitate 5
Magic Fingers 5

2x Beretta 92 Stock (gold, engraved, personalized grips, conc. quickdraw holsters)
6 full clips
Ingram Model 11 (Decelerator grips II, Conc. holster)
2 full clips

Lockpick set

Secure long coat
ordinary clothing
Nevermind
As this Guy has Amnesia, let the Group pick a name for him, and his real name is only interesting if he manages to get grip of his past. wink.gif
Fygg Nuuton
well im writing his past, so it would be cool to have a name smile.gif
Nevermind
But as he is a Cop he needs no Street Name, or?

And for real name, pick it from anywhere wink.gif
Kurukami
Well, what does he look like? What mannerisms does he have? It seems likely that he'd be nicknamed after something distinctive about him, and since he's (one would hope!) not going to just bust out the spells with the first encounter he has he'd probably get named for something about him that made him stand out.

Fygg Nuuton
for appearance, all i have are rough ideas, black hair thats at that inbetween stage (when you have short hair and its going long) and steel eyes. about 6'4 or so, normal weight.

spells have a flame thing goin on (armor appears as his skin ripling with flames, treat imbues flames into the recipient etc)

the pistols would be gold with black grips, with firebirds on the grips (think face off, but firebirds instead of dragons)

the longcoat is just a black longcoat with a hood
Fortune
Liam Harrison, alias Firebird. biggrin.gif
Fygg Nuuton
i dont get it frown.gif
kenny26
neither do i... frown.gif

well, for the nick, as alot of people have suggested, let him gain it during game play.
he doesn't remember anything, so he doesn't remember his street name either. wink.gif
let the group come up with something, maybe it'll be a funny experience in itself.

however, if his amnesia has been going on for some time before the game begins, then i suggest you try and imagine what people would call him when they see him.

example: my elven combat mage had a thing for silver coins (he collected them as a token of luck), and then began flipping one every time he cast a spell (sort of like a gease, 'cept that he doesn't suffer any penalties for not doing it, just a character quirk). this gave me the idea that people who didn't know his name would simply refer to him as "the man with the silver coins" or the like. this would overtime be shortened and in the end, he'd simply be called "silver" or even shorter "silv". so that was my nick from the start of the game.

i hope this gave some inspiration. smile.gif
Fortune
What's to get? I was merely suggesting a name, seeing as you seemed to be drawing a blank in that regard. smile.gif
DigitalMage
QUOTE (kenny26)
neither do i... frown.gif
example: my elven combat mage had a thing for silver coins (he collected them as a token of luck), and then began flipping one every time he cast a spell (sort of like a gease, 'cept that he doesn't suffer any penalties for not doing it, just a character quirk). this gave me the idea that people who didn't know his name would simply refer to him as "the man with the silver coins" or the like. this would overtime be shortened and in the end, he'd simply be called "silver" or even shorter "silv". so that was my nick from the start of the game.

Alternatively he could have been nicknamed Flipper or Tosser! biggrin.gif
Only joking! But it does bring up the point that the street names you get given won't always be "cool" or "mysterious", they could be a joke or even an insult.

E.g. for the Pheonix shaman how about Hothead, Sizzle, or Smokey?
Fygg Nuuton
QUOTE (Fortune)
What's to get?

oh smile.gif

@kenny he didnt have a streetname beforehand, he was a cop dead.gif
Domino
How about Bohica for a street name?????
Fygg Nuuton
hopefully not refering to the acronym! that was just a rumor... ok i really needed the ride!

im jk, i didnt really need a ride
Fygg Nuuton
aww, no replies when i woke up, that makes me sad frown.gif

anyway thanks for all the help so far, although any more would be appreciated smile.gif
Siege
Grab a phone book, open to a random page and pick a name.

If you want a "nick" or street-name, pick the Yellow pages and pick two names, a word or phrase and apply an adjective.

Considering how often SRs either die or disappear, it's not like the name is permanent.

-Siege
Raptor1033
kenny, heh i wouldn't call your mage anything to do with his silver coins, i'd call him "Two-Face". whenever i see characters flipping coins for no good reason before dealing death i think of that character.
Strobe
QUOTE (DigitalMage)
<snip>E.g. for the Pheonix shaman how about Hothead, Sizzle, or Smokey?

How about Smokey Bacon?

Mnnnn, smokey bacon…

-Strobe
JongWK
Compassionate Flaw?
Glyph
QUOTE (Sunday_Gamer)

Ash

<snip>

"City Spirit, I choose you!!"
sir fwank
QUOTE (Glyph)
QUOTE (Sunday_Gamer)

Ash

<snip>

"City Spirit, I choose you!!"

heh, one of my players is playing a character named ash ketchum (pokemon masta). his contact Pikachu (superhero) just saved his ass.
Fygg Nuuton
QUOTE (JongWK @ Sep 23 2003, 07:09 PM)
Compassionate Flaw?

not as bad as pascifist, which he had originally, pretty much wont kill innocent people, and will try to help them, if he can you know, compassionate!
JACK THE CHIPPER
International Namelist

This is a link to the official german shadowrun site, and there are links to lots of international names. Only problem is, you guessed it, everything is german. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012