Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with house rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sokei
hi all,

Quick question does anyone have any ideas on how I can port my players shapechanger over to SR4. the SR4 regen rules are great but I am lost as to how to convert the rest over. I was concidering imposing a point cost IE the sr3 point system for example charge 30 or 40 BP for being a shapechanger and then just let the human and animal form share stats. use SR4 regen and call it square.

Has anyone else come up with anything?
Autarkis
I came up with this:

Attributes:
+1-4 to Attribute (10)
-1 to Attribute (-10)
-2 to Attribute (-15)
-1 to Initiative (-15) (calculated stat)

Additional Quirk Costs:
Low-Light (10)
Thermo (10)
+2 Body to resist toxins/disease (10)
+1 Reach (10)
+1 Armor (10)

Then a -10 adjustment at the end. So, an Elf would be +30 to attributes, +10 for Low Light and -10 for adjustment (this was because of the Edge background humans get). Or you could give each "race" a free +10 equivalent BP ability.

The only one this breaks down for is Ork, but works pretty well for the others (my model has Orks at 30 while Fanpro says 20).

I will run through some more correlation models to see if I can get closure to how they calculated it (it also could be that there is no "calculation" but arbitrary assignment of points.)
Sokei
cool , that might work out. Although i would say that regen as a quirk on your example would be like 20 points at least.
Autarkis
Yeah, I would come up with a higher cost for regen and then a negative cost for dual natured. Maybe 40 for regen, and -20 for dual natured. Just a thought.
Sokei
oh hell , good idea i forgot about dual natured, especially now that magic doesnt heal with regen MUWAHAHA
White Noise
As an exercise I tried my hand at converting Fox shifters. This is what I ended up with.

Fox Shapeshifter (85 BP)

Human Form
  • Bod 1/6 (9)
  • Agi 1/6 (9)
  • Rea 1/6 (9)
  • Str 1/6 (9)
  • Cha 5/10 (5)
  • Int 3/8 (12)
  • Log 0/5 (8)
  • Wil 3/8 (9)
  • Ini 2/12 (18)
Fox Form
  • Bod 1/6 (9)
  • Agi 3/8 (12)
  • Rea 2/7 (10)
  • Str 1/6 (9)
The BP cost was decided off the cuff at 100, and could probably use some further consideration. As usual, you would gain a Severe Allergy to Silver, with the BP cost already subtracted from the racial BP cost. Skills and (some) attributes would have to start fairly low. However, that doesn't seem too unlikely considering this is a wild animal with metahuman awareness.
Sokei
85 build points is abit much , can you explain that to me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012