Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Essence/Magic/Resonance Loss
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Erebus
Ok. Is it just me, or are there no more rules for Magic/Essence Loss for getting the sh*t beat out of you?

With the removal of Deadly Wounds, they removed the possibility of losing Essence.

An artifact remains though in the Healing Table mages/adepts/technomances are penalized, but it never explains why this is so.

Also, after scanning the Toxins/BTLs section, it appears the only way to actually lose Essence (other than cyber/bio) is via Critters.. Is this Correct?

FrankTrollman
You can also lose essence to a severe Crack habit, as per the Addiction flaw on page 80.

So yeah, it's cyber, critters, or cocaine. That's it.

-Frank
Ancient History
Erebus: Magicians/technomancers are still fragile little holistic people, hence the problem with cyberware and the more delicate healing. But hey, now you no longer have to worry about your combat adept being a glass ninja!

[/edit] Just for clarification: you can still suffer burnout in SR4. I know that came up with some people who didn't understand all the rules about increasing attributes, essence loss and magical skills.
Sabosect
For some reason, I can see an adept dancing in front of a Vindicator while the bullets are flying and singing "Bullets can't unmagic me!"
Fortune
QUOTE (Sabosect)
"Bullets can't unmagic me!"

Doo-dah Doo-dah!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012