Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drug Costs?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Doomclown
Well, I'm thinking that my first PC is gonna be a Face who relies on drugs for an edge in combat. What are reasonable drug costs, since none are given in the book?
Aku
i would think sticking with the SR3 rules for now wouldnt be too breaking
Doomclown
I don't have the SR3 rules.
Walknuki
I'd charge between :nuyen:50 to :nuyen:500 a dose depending on the drug in question and what sort of quality the character's going for. You want a safe, high quality drug? Alot. Willing to settle for something that might be cut with something that'll fry your brain? Not so much.
Doomclown
I'd like to have something that probably won't fry my brain.

I mean, if my character makes a habit of getting the cheap stuff, he probably wouldn't be around anymore anyway. nyahnyah.gif
hahnsoo
Cram is probably your best bet for a combat boost. 20 nuyen a hit, with an easy availability (4/12 hours under SR3, which would probably translate to a 4R or 4F under SR4). Jazz is a bit more expensive, but the effect is shorter (which may be an advantage). It's 40 nuyen a hit, with an availability of 8/4 days (probably an 8F under SR4).

Kamikaze would be the ultimate tailored amphetamine, but you'd literally turn into a combat monster (not sure if you want to go for that). 50 nuyen, Availability of 5/4 days (probably a 6F under SR4).
Spookymonster
Psyche's pretty good as well (+1 Intuition and +1 Logic). I can't tell if the lack of negative effects (short of actual addiction) is intentional or not. If it was intentional, I see quite a few mages being created with the 'negative' quality Addiction(Psyche, Moderate).
Crusher Bob
The money, of course. At moderate, the cravings are 'daily' assuming a hit of psyche goes for 100 nuyen.gif and you are dosing 5 days out of 7 that adds ~2200 nuyen.gif to your monthly lifestyle costs (well, we will assume that a luxury lifestyle would cover your drug addctions as well, but what runners live at luxury lifestyles?).
Spookymonster
OK... knock it down to Mild then. Or get a drug dealer as a very connected, very loyal contact (who won't try an intervention). Or knock off a Psyche dealer during the legwork phase of every run wink.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012