Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Police tactics
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JACK THE CHIPPER
I've searched the forums for over half an hour and it seems impossible to search the old forums (or maybe I'm just too dumb).

I'm looking for standard procedures such as detention, random car-inspection and similar things in step by step instructions. I've seen a german police training manual some years ago, but I'm unable to dig it up on the net, and there also was a post a couple of months ago on the topic, which I'm also unable to find.
*rats* frown.gif

Can someone help me out with a link or info? I'm trying to compile a text on standard procedures and responses to threat of Lone Star patrols.
Phylos Fett
Try the Lone Star Sourcebook.
JACK THE CHIPPER
I have the Lone Star SB. But as far as I remember there is nothing like general procedures in it.
Kanada Ten
Are you looking for Policing in the '60s or Behavior Of Police Helicopters In Car Chases?
Bearclaw
There's a great GURPS supplement, GURPS COPS. Written by an actual insider in the criminal justice world (she's a public defender) it's a great read and a useful book to have around no matter what game system you use
JACK THE CHIPPER
QUOTE (Bearclaw)
There's a great GURPS supplement, GURPS COPS.  Written by an actual insider in the criminal justice world (she's a public defender) it's a great read and a useful book to have around no matter what game system you use

I took a look at the book and it seems to be exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks. smile.gif
Dark Schneider
Hoi.

On the purpose of police operations, you can also check the old Protect and Serve sourcebook that came with Cyberpunk. It does offer a few twists here and there, although your mileage may vary.

Second, nearly every manga from Shirow Masamune deserves some attention: I'd say Appleseed first off, then Dominion (which tends towards the light-hearted, but still features some good pointers).

If you plan for a lot of Matrix investigation and aren't afraid of a little philosophy, Ghost in the Shell is a must, along with its sequel, Man Machine Interface - by the by, if you catch the animated series, give it a try. It's well worth your time, and both the manga and anime also feature the kind of "wizzo gear" most runners and GM tend to love. Riggers will dig the fuchikoma and tachikoma.

Have some fun, kids.

-- D.S.
Tzeentch
I would suggest AVOIDING Man-Machine Interface (aka GitS2). I'm a giant fan of Stand Alone Complex and the original GitS manga but MMI is a muddled, incoherent, fuzzy, craptacular wankwest -- and that's the good parts!

I do doubly, triply, quadruply suggest that you get Stand Alone Complex right now, if not sooner. It's a better reimaging of Ghost in the Shell then anything Shirow has done recently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012