Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 PDF format?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jürgen Hubert
At the moment I am contemplating whether to buy the SR4 PDF after all instead of just waiting for the print version. The reason for this is that I am considering using SR4 for historical (pre-2070) campaigns, and for this I need to customize things like item availability and price lists - and it would be mighty convenient if I had these tables and lists in an electronic format...

But before I do this, I need to know: Can you copy text from the SR4 PDF? Or is the PDF merely in a low-quality scanned image format where individual words and letters are not recognized?
Dustbin1_UK
You can copy the text, do a find search...ect.
Backgammon
It is SO not low quality. In fact I have trouble running it on my laptop, uses up too much memory...

Anyway, if you have acrobat READER, then you can't edit anything, period. You can copy paste tables into other douments though, like an excel file, and dit them from there if you like.

Otherwise, if you have the full version of acrobat, mabe you can edit the thing... i dunno, I only bhave reader.
morlock76
Had the same problem, but someone here mentioned running Acrobat Reader 5 (you can get it online still) for it. Tried it and I get some error messages and no graphics (mostly) but a VERY quick PDF on my PC.

I actually like working with the PDF more now then with my print version.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012