Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone seen the actual book yet?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Superbum
I refuse to buy the pdf which means I have to wait for the "release" to come. However, no one in Austin has a damn clue of when to expect it to come in. I am having flashbacks of FASA release date madness down here.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Superbum)
I refuse to buy the pdf which means I have to wait for the "release" to come. However, no one in Austin has a damn clue of when to expect it to come in. I am having flashbacks of FASA release date madness down here.

Don't expect it until late September. nyahnyah.gif
Superbum
Boo. Barnes and Nobles said the 5th (yesterday) and when I asked them about it they said "hopefully within a week" while their website changed from available to 1 to 2 weeks.....
mtgrogan
Rant: I hate it when companies can't get it together enough to just give a solid release date. I'm of the opinion that if some companies (including smaller ones) can give reliable release dates, then all companies should or they're just not on the ball.

BTW, wtf is a stockist? I think I might have been one in high school, but really have no idea.
Grimtooth
I think mass release is sched'd for Sept 30
Superbum
Yeah, Ive heard that now from several people. That kinda confused me, however, because why the hell would you release the book in pdf format a full month before the hard version comes out?

Maybe I am just spoiled by Wizards of the Coast and routine their releases are.
Adam
QUOTE (Superbum)
Yeah, Ive heard that now from several people. That kinda confused me, however, because why the hell would you release the book in pdf format a full month before the hard version comes out?

This is pretty common practice now; many mid-sized publishers pre-release titles in PDF.

Why do it? Some people buy both, and it builds up anticipation for the print release.
Jürgen Hubert
QUOTE (mtgrogan)
Rant: I hate it when companies can't get it together enough to just give a solid release date. I'm of the opinion that if some companies (including smaller ones) can give reliable release dates, then all companies should or they're just not on the ball.

Hey, I know that at least Siemens employees have a special word for products that aren't really "finished" when they ship to the customer: "Banana products" - they ripe at the customer's place.

At least RPG products tend to be finished when they ship, and reliable release dates are rare in pretty much any industry you'd care do name...
Grinder
QUOTE (Superbum)
Maybe I am just spoiled by Wizards of the Coast and routine their releases are.

Maybe it's because of the fact that they're a littler bigger than FanPro so they can actually employ more people? just an idea. biggrin.gif
L.D
And iirc there was a problem with the printing company...
Grinder
I heard so too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012