Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Advice On Shamen Path..
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Leviathan
Ok, in the event that my currect character gets gibbed, I'm building a backup character, a Dwarf Shamen, but I'm not sure what totem.

I'm looking for something that gives bonuses to combat spells, bonuses against drain would be handy too. I was thinking of Wise Hunter, or Sun, or Wolf, though getting the right totem that will actually be useable in Australia (Melbourne) could be hard..

Any advice? This will be my first mage, my current stats are shaping up to be something like:
Strength: 3
Quickness: 4
Body: 7
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 6
Willpower: 7

So yeah, sorry for the slight incoherence, anyone have any advice?
Nyxll
Make a wallabee or tasmanian devil totem. just modify the wolf
Ryu
Amongst those you listed, take "Wise Warrior". Shamanic mask + combat magic = dangerous. Altough you can soak some damage with that bod of 7.

I would take a bonus to manipulation spells and use elemental manipulation spells instead. I would also suggest finding a char concept you like that fits a totem rather than play something that fits Melbourne.
Kesh
QUOTE (Ryu)
Amongst those you listed, take "Wise Warrior". Shamanic mask + combat magic = dangerous. Altough you can soak some damage with that bod of 7.

Keep in mind that the Shamanic Mask is explicitly optional in SR4.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Kesh)
QUOTE (Ryu @ Sep 7 2005, 01:58 PM)

Keep in mind that the Shamanic Mask is explicitly optional in SR4.

Umm, this is an SR3 character, I'm assuming, because of the stats.
Shadow
iirc Charisma is really important for conjuring. So if you don't plan on doing a lot keep it as is.

Oh as for a totem... drop bear smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012