Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: problems with SR4 PDF 1.1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thufar_Hawat
Hi

Is any one else having problems with the new pdf file displaying italics as strange symbols.

It only seems to happen on page 139. with the words: more, full defense, grazing hit, and the text at the bottom of the table.

It happens in Adobe professional 6, and Adobe reader 7.

If i cut the symbols and paste them into word you can read them no with no problems, but i want to print the book out and it prints the symbols and not the words.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Dashifen
Yes, that is happening to me as well. It's the bottom of the Weapon Range Table, FYI.
Slacker
I just checked mine and it's displaying just fine.
Dashifen
I got mine at BattleCorps, did you as well, Slacker?
Thufar_Hawat
i got mine form battlecorps.
Slacker
Yep, I got mine from Battlecorps.
Mr. Unpronounceable
Interestingly, if I copy the text and paste it into Word, it's legible.
Dashifen
Damn ... I was wondering if it was a vendor issue. PDF 1.2 will probably solve the problem cyber.gif
Vector
I have the same problem. Slacker, what size is your PDF? Mine is 65,331,200 bytes. I'm wondering if there is a corruption in some of them for some reason.
Slacker
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Damn ... I was wondering if it was a vendor issue. PDF 1.2 will probably solve the problem cyber.gif

Well first they'd have to be able to identify the cause of the problem, which is kind of difficult to do when it only happens on some computers.
Slacker
QUOTE (Vector @ Sep 9 2005, 02:01 PM)
I have the same problem.  Slacker, what size is your PDF?  Mine is 65,331,200 bytes.  I'm wondering if there is a corruption in some of them for some reason.

Actually mine is showing as 65,329,964 bytes.

edit: oh wait...size on disk is 65,331,200 bytes.
Dashifen
Same sizes. Good point on the "it only happens sometimes" but I've also noticed that those are the types of things that just evaporate later. Plus, it could easily be a client-side issue based on versions, plug-ins, OS, etc. and thus not really FanPro's problem.
Thufar_Hawat
mine is 65,331,200 bytes on disk as well.

The first version works fine with no currupted text (but it does run a lot slower).
snowRaven
I get the corruption too, in a few places.
Elve
me too.. chekced it on page 139 frown.gif
Fortune
I have the same problem (got mine from Battlecorps as well). I'm sure it'll be resolved with the next release.
golden1
Seeing squares, Tildes, and brackets of random types usually means that whoever compiled the PDF did so on a machine that didnt have the same font as the one that the text was made in.. what you're effectivly seeing is a control code that the compiling machine didnt have a clue what to do with.
(or in SR4 terms, who ever did the v1.1 pdf got a hit on his computer (adobe acrobat) check, but came up with more than 50% of the dice as 1's. )
The Madhatter
I'm seeing the "square italics" as well. I can guess the words underneath so I don't sweat. I plan to print it soon and I'll just pencil in the words.
Ranneko
No issue in Preview, I'll check with adobe 7 on my PC in a minute.

EDIT: It does happen in acrobat 7 on my PC though
apollo124
I got mine from Battlecorps and I don't have any problems with it. Maybe the latest update fixed that, I got mine after the first errata correction was put in it.
Fortune
QUOTE (apollo124)
Maybe the latest update fixed that, I got mine after the first errata correction was put in it.

I didn't have this specific problem until the latest update.
Thufar_Hawat
Me neither, the first pdf ran with no corruption, it just ran really slowly. It was only with the release of version 1.1 that i got corruption.
ChuckRozool
I'm getting the same thing with the newer version as well
i got my copy from Drivethrurpg.com
also i'm pretty sure my acrobat 7 is fully updated
Fortune
I'm sure this problem will be remedied in the next update.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012