Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT!? A new edition!?!?!?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kentares
/rant mode on

Hi all.

After a couple of months (well... more like almost 2 years) of absence in these boards and in SR in general (don't worry... I never stopped buying the books... to Synner: loved the Shadows of Europe - excellent work - you did it man, congrats) because my life went into chaos mode (got fired, my grandfather died, my grandmother is seriously ill, got a girlfriend, moved to live with her, got a new job and soon after lost it again and a couple of other things that turned my life into a mess... the only good thing should be the girlfriend... eheh) I´m back and the first thing I see is a fragging new edition!?!?!?

I don't know (yet) if it´s good or bad until I see with my own eyes but judging the comments I read around here I´m a little pessimistic. I liked the game as is (was) but will see... (at least I hope the links with ED resist).

Meanwhile I noticed that a couple of the old posters (SubRosa for example) didn't posted since I read this forum again in the last couple of days... They still post or what?

On the other hand I´m happy to see Ancient History is still around... good to have a encyclopedia at hand... biggrin.gif

To Synner: So sorry about my silence in all this time but didn't had neither the mood or will. Hope you´ll understand... and remember me...

/rant mode off

Now... move away... let me warm in the fire... I bought marshmallows with me.
Aku
mm marshmallows, second only to popcorn
Synner
Bem vindo de volta. Sorry to hear about your woes and nice to see you back to the fold. Thanks for the praise, SoE is still my favorite baby (though System Failure is close behind) as it opened the way for a lot more writing (yep, it's turned into a semi-regular gig).

Drop me a line when you can and we'll catch up.

(A nova edição é um choque para quem está habituado a SR3 mas tem muita coisa de bom e o setting continua mais ou menos na mesma, sofrendo apenas um salto de 5 anos e a destruição total da Matriz - e sim, tive o prazer de escrever o fim do mundo em SR wink.gif - Apologies all for dropping into Portuguese)
Fortune
QUOTE (Kentares)
Meanwhile I noticed that a couple of the old posters (SubRosa for example) didn't posted since I read this forum again in the last couple of days... They still post or what?

SubRosa hasn't posted here since the events that led to the demise of the Lounge.
Ancient History
QUOTE (Kentares)
On the other hand I´m happy to see Ancient History is still around... good to have a encyclopedia at hand... biggrin.gif

Bad pennies like me never go away. We wait until you need a penny, then prove to be foreign currency that just looks like your own. Mwa ha ha.
Snow_Fox
Maybe we should have a whole forum to kick around the good and bad ideas about having a 4th ed.
Adam
You mean this forum, which has had almost 30,000 posts since March? smile.gif
Magus
Hey Ken Sub Rosa left the DS board as fortune said a while back however, Sub Rosa has been seen on the Underworl93 boards run by TheDude and JrWoodchuck.... Hope it helps
hobgoblin
when it comes to the posts about the new version, remeber that its the same old same old whenever a new version is released. the conservatives come out of the woodwork to complain about everything being better before and all that. silly.gif

anyways, its only negative posts as the ones that like the new version are all to happy to shut up and go play it. therefor the view gets slanted from the one-sided overload. but this is similar to everything else in this world. you never hear anything until something is wrong. so, silence is golden nyahnyah.gif
will_rj
QUOTE (Synner)
- Apologies all for dropping into Portuguese)

It´s good to read some words about SR in Portuguese. Here in Rio i don´t know many SR people besides me and the fellas i´ve forced at gunpoint to join my gaming table.
Synner
There's a few of us lurking around and a couple of us have actually become regular contributors in recent FanPro books (em SoE, SoA, Loose Alliances e System Failure fomos pelo menos dois e em alguns casos três). There were more Brazilians a while back, namely Mestre Bira and AK but they've seemingly retired from the boards.
Fortune
QUOTE (Magus)
Hey Ken Sub Rosa left the DS board as fortune said a while back however, Sub Rosa has been seen on the Underworl93 boards run by TheDude and JrWoodchuck.... Hope it helps

Not in quite a while. SubRosa left Underworld for personal reasons as well.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
its the same old same old whenever a new version is released. the conservatives come out of the woodwork to complain about everything being better before and all that.

To be fair, I'll point out that some of us have switched versions before, sometimes twice. Not all issues can be traced back to conservativism.

~J
Kentares
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Magus @ Sep 16 2005, 12:21 AM)
Hey Ken  Sub Rosa left the DS board as fortune said a while back however, Sub Rosa has been seen on the Underworl93 boards run by TheDude and JrWoodchuck.... Hope it helps

Not in quite a while. SubRosa left Underworld for personal reasons as well.

Forget I asked... was just an example. Thanks anyway.
Kentares
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Sep 15 2005, 10:13 AM)
its the same old same old whenever a new version is released. the conservatives come out of the woodwork to complain about everything being better before and all that.

To be fair, I'll point out that some of us have switched versions before, sometimes twice. Not all issues can be traced back to conservativism.

~J

Well... I play since 2nd edition (although I read the 1st) and I must say I was very pleased with the switch from 2nd to 3rd. Now about the 4th it seems a bit rushed story wise from what I see in the forum... (I have the books up to SOTA:2064 - need to gather a couple euros to get Loose Alliances, SoLA, SoA and System Failure).
Synner667
Blimey - this could get confusing !!

Oh..
..Hello to all - my 1st Dumpshock post !!
Grinder
Synner got a brother who's living next to the beast? biggrin.gif
tisoz
Nah, across the street.
Reaver
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Sep 15 2005, 10:13 AM)

~J

Here here. Of course the, "before 4th edition loyal players" evidently don't count. wink.gif

And yes, I did pick up 4th edition before I made my decisions. I think it's the last money I'll be giving to Fan Pro. frown.gif
JongWK
QUOTE (Grinder)
Synner got a brother who's living next to the beast? biggrin.gif

This is starting to get confusing... there's also a WinterRat11 and WinterRat1. wobble.gif
Grinder
At least myself and GrinderTheTroll are easy to distinguish. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012