Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wierd Plot Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tj333
I did something a bit different for my SR game and I asked my players to give me an event that had happened to their character that their character would be motivated in resolving. In some games this is called a kicker, but I wouldn't call it that here
These character a rather on the line of cardboard cutouts in terms of character depth. So here is what we have:

Justin
A kinda rigger that just wants to stay in his vehicle so he can't get shot.
One of his contacts has started saying strange things like "the moon shall rise in the north tonight". What the hell does this mean? The car parts dealer is an old friend, never talked like this before.

Dan
A heavly cybered street sam that rents out rooms in his house, mostly to other shadowrunners in this group(None of the others listed here.). But one other renter was not a runner.
This other renter was found dead and skinned on Dan’s car in the garage. He still owed rent; Dan wants to collect it. The renter has left a 5grand cleaning deposit.

Nick
A gnome combat para-trooper with an auto-injector for combat drugs.
Girlfriend was raped in game. He going after the guy who did it.

Mark
A ghoul shaman of spider. He lives with a pack of ghouls in the barrens.
Someone has been stealing from the freezer(Meaning place they keep bodies to eat).

I am thinking shedim raiding the ghoul's "freezer" for Mark's problem, but I'm wondering if any other creatures eat flesh that might be raiding the bodies?

On Nicks I've think I've got it covered unless someone can give me a way to work it in with everyone else. It would be fairly straight forward for him to track down the guy and get some others to help shit kick him.

For Justin and Dan I'm thinking of using a voodoo shaman and the shaman is using mind control spells on Justin's contact to his zombies in the basement of the shop. The side effect of this is the wierd things he saying. The ghouls could be losing bodies to be made into zombies.
Nick could be connected into this as well but that seems kinda forced to me.

Any suggestions or ideas that you think would work better?
hyzmarca
I'm thinking of something to tie them all togeter. Basicly, a single villian doing the Frankenstien (Or Bride of Frankenstien) routine.

He is taking parts from various different people to make a zombie/homonculi for some purpose - perhaps to attach his/her dead fiance's Ghost Chain to and live happily ever after or perhaps some more sinister purpose.

Parts were taken from the ghoul freezer becuase it had less security than cemetaries and no one will miss them except the ghouls. Also, the parts are going to be in realiticly good condition (very little rot) with no attempts made to embalm them.

Dan's renter had perfect skin. If you are going to make a piecemeal zombie there is no excuse for having bad rotting skin. Fresh is best.

Justin's friend currently possesses the ghost chain (the hood ornament of a used car) and is, in turn, influanced by the annoyingly powerful ghost.

The ghost, while still alive, is the one who raped Nick's girlfriend on a dare from the magically active finace who is now bringing him back to something that resembles life. If Nick wants revenge he'll have to do worse than kill him.

The magician is a magically active female twisted full magician initiate of a high grade with some decent potency. She is a sadist and a necrophilliac. She deals with magics designed to effect the dead especially those that preserve and animate flesh. She also has enough enperience with ghosts to invest one into a homunculus. She also has fun with a high force Mass Agony or just plain flaying someone alive, as Dan's renter was when she took his skin.

The rapist/ghost was killed in a car accident. The hood ornament that is his chain impaled him when he flew through the windshield.
M.A.L.E-man
Justin After a brief sojurn into the depths of Seattle Metroplex offices to pay a parking ticket/weapons permit/standard bribe he is attacked by a lowly group of eco-terrorists who succeed in infecting him with 'Tychoform Agrophon- B'- a virus which causes (the Flaw) Claustrophobia. (Silly terrorists! They were trying to liberate the wage slaves!) Perhaps an antidote would help...?
Congrats- a rigger with claustrophobia. Enjoy.

Dan His unfortunate renter (filleted and trussed on top of his car) was, sadly, not destined for that car.
Day 1- visitors- "Dan-sama! So sorry! Mr Doe was found on your car? We shall pay damages! 1000 NY should cover the costs of the...cleaning...."
Day 2- visitors- "Yo. Got a prob wit youse. Got a soldati missing an' he knows stuff. Got pics showing him bound like chicken on yer car. Nice shot of de ID plate." Etc Etc

Nick Girlfriend messed with his drugs. He's now carrying nanites with a coded message for ...errr... someone. (Alternate- she's not his girlfriend, she's his 'controller'- think KGB-style.)

Mark
#1- (The easy way out) Someone is looking for a corpse with cyberware (eyecam, headcomputer, fingertip compartment) with valuable data in it.
#2- (Gets weird here) Ghouls hunt in packs and have (necessarily) a limited range and feeding time. Therefore their predation has a limited range of local prey. Among this prey there has been 2 Humans; Simon Tigwell and Deliah Hallston. Both normal humans..except... word on the street has it that they used to be Orks. Something is happening in this neighborhood to drop the Ork demographic below normal. (Holy Crap! UGE Reversed? Well, it only a rumour... and someone would need tissue samples...)
#3- (evil) You've got a Tungak. Its Materializing (yoiks!) and practicing its infection/Pestilence on spoiled meat. Its pretty far from home (like 3000 KM far), doesn't speak the language, no passport, its homesick(!), sad and angry. AND the weather is depressing (even for a Sickness spirit)

Best of luck.
tj333
Well, thats damn good guys.
I'm going for more of hyzmarca ideas here.
M.A.L.E-man: That is some evil I'm going to ave to drop on them another time.

Perhaps have some spirits or gang members to back up the magician.

My only concern is that Mark as a shaman has a habit of dropping a lot of spirits using confusion and fear on people. Any recommendations for preventing and taking out most every one quick like?
I'm thinking having some elementals on call and some astral barriers to keep the spirits at bay. The ghoul is dual natured so he is going to have rely on his masking to get through the barriers.
Think this should work?

Also where can find info about working with human ghosts like that? What can be done with the rapist if they manage to catch him besides kill his new body?
Oohhh. He might become a free spirit (Possible?) then we can have some follow up nasties.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (tj333 @ Sep 17 2005, 12:48 AM)
Also where can find info about working with human ghosts like that? What can be done with the rapist if they manage to catch him besides kill his new body? 
Oohhh. He might become a free spirit (Possible?) then we can have some follow up nasties.

Magic in the Shadows pages 120-122.

If they destroy his Ghost Chain or if the Shaman gets the chain in his hands he can be banished permentantly. He can also be destroyed in astral combat if and ony if his chain is destroyed.

A Specter can be disrupted in physical combat or in a Contest of Wills like any other spirit. It will also be disrupted if defeated in Astral Combat while its chain remains intact.

One who learns enough might be able to subject him to some forms to torture. Specters sometimes have alergies related to their lives. Torturing them with alergies would be difficult, however, considering that they can dematerialize at any time. Psycological torture could work but it would be difficult as well and may just serve to anger the Specter.

Ghosts can't become Free in the same way that other spirits can. Technically, they are Fre by their very nature. They cannot be bound or summoned. However, they have a Force like other spirits and most powerful ghosts can devolp Free Spirit powers.

Specters can have some very nasty powers including (but not limited to) Paralyzing Howl, Compulsion, Posession, Noxious Breath, and Sorcery. A formidible ghost can give a traditional Free Spirit a run for his money.
tj333
Thank you for the help there.

It also seems that a ghost could be the extra bit of power to defend against the spirits and distract the mages.
hyzmarca
I just reread the rules concerning ghosts. They can be bound by anyone who possesses their chains as if they were Free Spirits. This would make it much easier for Nick to torture the rapist's spirit should he choose to for even mundanes can bind a ghost this way. However, if the binding attempt fails the ghost will be very, very angry and will, almost certainly, attack the one who made the failed attempt.

You might also consider suplimenting the big bad ghost with summoned elementals or weaker bound ghosts. Alone it would be vulnerable to Watcher attack packs, of all things. Perhaps the evil fiance has the ghost chains of a several minor aparitions and has them guarding astral space in her lair. Apparitions cannot materialize, but they wreck havok on the ghoul shaman. Astral attack packs are never laughing matters. He would do best to have his spirits concntrate on defending him from astral threats.
Of course, you would have to adjust the power of the big bad specter so that it doesn't just decimate the party while the friendly spirits are busy disrupting some force 1 or 2 apparitions.

Also, I assume that the shaman is an initiate with invoking or else, by canon, he can only have one spirit at a time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012