IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drone Thread, A little help, can't find it.
WyldKnight
post Nov 15 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,140

I remember not to long ago there were a couple of threads filled with good drone ideas. I'm going to be building a Medic/Rigger and since I've never built a rigger before I was hoping for some assistance since drones are far from my strong point. If the thread can't be found then a little help in this thread would be appreciated. I'm just looking for a recon drone, an assault drone, and then whatever is left being put into an armored transport for the team that would have the equipment to work as a makeshift ambulance. I have roughly 70k to put into these drones.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 15 2010, 10:46 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

I had to go back quite a few pages, but I hope this'll help you. It's not any rigger builds, but it's a lot of modified vehicles and drones.

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Nov 15 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Thanks Neraph, you're quite the resource lol.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 16 2010, 02:50 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

There's also a link to my drone and agent thread on that link. Linkity-link-link.

+Quote Post
Mayhem_2006
post Nov 16 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,943

QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Nov 15 2010, 09:16 PM) *
I remember not to long ago there were a couple of threads filled with good drone ideas. I'm going to be building a Medic/Rigger and since I've never built a rigger before I was hoping for some assistance since drones are far from my strong point. If the thread can't be found then a little help in this thread would be appreciated. I'm just looking for a recon drone, an assault drone, and then whatever is left being put into an armored transport for the team that would have the equipment to work as a makeshift ambulance. I have roughly 70k to put into these drones.

Is that recon as "fly over and see whats there" or as in "sneak into the airducts and case the joint without being seen" ?

Ground assault or airbourne?

Team vehicle wise, its hard not to love the Rover 2068. Its not overly conspicuous in any neighbourhood, is fairly roomy, comes with some good factory-installed mods that any rigger would likely want to fit anyway, and has some reasonable armour for an off-the-shelf non-security vehicle.

The number of drones available in 4e is shockingly small, so its also worth tracking down the conversion .pdf which has 4e stats for pretty much every drone and vehicle ever published in earlier editions.

http://knasser.me.uk/knasser_media/content..._conversion.pdf

Some of the stats havn't converted well (especially for the bigger vehicles) but it still gives a much wider range of choices. Of course, you then need to have the old book to understand what the drone might look/function like...

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Nov 17 2010, 04:47 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Both recon types.

Ground assault, I was thinking a doberman (or two if I can afford it) with some white knights and explosive rounds.

I was looking at that and thanks for the link, I may be able to use some of that.

+Quote Post
PresentPresence
post Nov 17 2010, 04:55 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,106

Neraph's guide is freakishly game breaking. That's why I have it bookmarked. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/vegm.gif)

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 17 2010, 03:32 PM
Post #8

Great Dragon

QUOTE (PresentPresence @ Nov 16 2010, 10:55 PM) *
Neraph's guide is freakishly game breaking. That's why I have it bookmarked. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/vegm.gif)

Thank you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I try. You've seen my others right?

+Quote Post
PresentPresence
post Nov 18 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Gimme gimme!

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Nov 18 2010, 04:05 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

I've been wanting to make my GM cry lately lol. Lets see em.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 18 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #11

Great Dragon

Here's my Free and Ally Spirit guide.

Here's the Drone and Agent guide.

Here's a great thread about how to make Grunts survive. I can't take credit for it, but it deserves another look at.

Here's one just about THUGS!

Here's one that has some fun with three of the big Threats.

I think that's about all I have that's really useful. I also have some things on lists of things for shadowrunners to do and stuff like that.

+Quote Post
Mayhem_2006
post Nov 18 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Nov 15 2010, 09:16 PM) *
I remember not to long ago there were a couple of threads filled with good drone ideas. I'm going to be building a Medic/Rigger... [snip]

Only just twigged that you said Medic/Rigger, in which case the Evo Orderly is a must have.

Since it comes with a level 6 medkit as standard, its cost of 2000 is really a cost of 1400, for which you get an exceptional medium drone with reasonable speed for its size, excellent terrain handling, some armour and two mechanical arms.

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Nov 18 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Hm true, so that probably means on combat drone, one recon drone, a large enough vehicle, and the orderly. Huh, my money is going to be stretched thin.

+Quote Post
PresentPresence
post Nov 19 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

HA! I knew I had gotten that snippet for a lightsaber from somewhere. Thanks, Neraph.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 19 2010, 05:46 AM
Post #15

Great Dragon

The Bloodmourne? Yeah, you can easily (and in many ways) get a weapon to resemble a lightsaber, but none with the actual abilities of a lightsaber. Another way I've seen on the forums here was taking a stun baton and adding Customized Look 2.

As for drones.... I prefer flying drones for combat and recon, so I'd suggest a Dragonfly or FlySpy for recon and a C-D Dalmation for combat. Otherwise you can get a Renraku Manservant for combat and simply give him weapons and armor as for a metahuman.

+Quote Post
PresentPresence
post Nov 19 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Combat robot butler for the win!

+Quote Post
Mayhem_2006
post Nov 19 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 19 2010, 05:46 AM) *
As for drones.... I prefer flying drones for combat and recon, so I'd suggest a Dragonfly or FlySpy for recon and a C-D Dalmation for combat. Otherwise you can get a Renraku Manservant for combat and simply give him weapons and armor as for a metahuman.

Or do exactly the same with the Evo Orderly which is faster and better armoured, costs 500 less and comes with 600 credits worth of medkit.

Turn your orderly into a remote controlled combat medic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Nov 19 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

QUOTE (Mayhem_2006 @ Nov 19 2010, 12:57 PM) *
Turn your orderly into a remote controlled combat medic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ha! I never thought of that. It comes with arms that could hold weapons so I don't have to worry about using slots. I could probably stick a Valkyrie module in there for emergencies. I think, idk I'll have to check how many slots it takes and how many slots the drone has. Hm this could work better then I thought. I think Valkyrie should have been the name for a combat medic drone instead of the module heh.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 20 2010, 06:00 AM
Post #19

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Mayhem_2006 @ Nov 19 2010, 01:57 PM) *
Or do exactly the same with the Evo Orderly which is faster and better armoured, costs 500 less and comes with 600 credits worth of medkit.

QUOTE (Neraph Posted Yesterday, 11:46 PM )
...simply give him weapons and armor as for a metahuman.

No, you can't do the exact same thing. An Evo Orderly can't wear an Armored Jacket that's sized for a human, for example.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Nov 20 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #20

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 20 2010, 01:00 AM) *
No, you can't do the exact same thing. An Evo Orderly can't wear an Armored Jacket that's sized for a human, for example.

I think Mayhem might not have seen the errata removing the "humanoid" keyword from the Orderly's entry.

Personally, I think what happened was that there was a mis-communication between the writer and the artist. If you read the entry for the Evo Orderly, it sounds like an android assistant for the elderly with a built in medical pack. But the artist drew a walker version of a wheelchair, even though the text makes no mention of anyone being able to ride on it.

Later, when the error was noticed, it was easier just to remove the "humanoid" keyword as errata, instead of having to commission replacement artwork for the next printing.

-k

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Nov 20 2010, 08:37 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Oh snap he's right. Well I don't think it would be a big deal to run it as the pre errata version since that was the kind we were used too.

+Quote Post
Mayhem_2006
post Nov 20 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Nov 20 2010, 08:32 AM) *
I think Mayhem might not have seen the errata removing the "humanoid" keyword from the Orderly's entry.

Personally, I think what happened was that there was a mis-communication between the writer and the artist. If you read the entry for the Evo Orderly, it sounds like an android assistant for the elderly with a built in medical pack. But the artist drew a walker version of a wheelchair, even though the text makes no mention of anyone being able to ride on it.

Later, when the error was noticed, it was easier just to remove the "humanoid" keyword as errata, instead of having to commission replacement artwork for the next printing.

-k

Actually, I am aware of this, but I figure if you can get body armour customised for any of the whacked out Runner's companion varient metahumans (for a small increase in price), getting it sized to fit an ambulatory chair shouldn't be hard.

Especially as an ambulatory chair isn't going to complain about itchy seams or it looking like crud.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Nov 21 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #23

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Mayhem_2006 @ Nov 20 2010, 01:48 AM) *
Actually, I am aware of this, but I figure if you can get body armour customised for any of the whacked out Runner's companion varient metahumans (for a small increase in price), getting it sized to fit an ambulatory chair shouldn't be hard.

Especially as an ambulatory chair isn't going to complain about itchy seams or it looking like crud.

Just use a rigger module modification insetad... Orderly loads you into the module and the occupant is protected... make it the Valkyrie Rigger Module for the Win...

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 21 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #24

Great Dragon

I think he was talking about having armor custom made for the Orderly, not wearing armor and being on the orderly. Like an Armor Vest specially designed for the Evo Orderly. I personally wouldn't allow it, but w/e his GM decides.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Nov 21 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #25

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 21 2010, 09:03 AM) *
I think he was talking about having armor custom made for the Orderly, not wearing armor and being on the orderly. Like an Armor Vest specially designed for the Evo Orderly. I personally wouldn't allow it, but w/e his GM decides.

Why not jusy add on vehicle armor, it is so much more effective, if a little more expensive...
But yes, point taken... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:49 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.