Reply to this topicStart new topic
> iPad Shadowrun Tools
Andinel
post Jun 13 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,609

I posted something like this on the official SR forum, but I'm also posting here to see if there are any further insights.
Does anyone know of any useful apps or web apps for the iPad that I can use to help GM my Shadowrun games? It works great as a tool for keeping my notes together, but the spreadsheet that I use to run initiative in combat doesn't work fantastically well. Even better, would anyone be willing to make a Shadowrun iPad app that has things like condition monitors and initiative?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Burrito Al Pasto...
post Jun 13 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 30,935

I can't say if there's any extant apps, but if there aren't, then you might have a hard time getting anybody to take up the project - it costs $100/year to be able to put apps (freeware or for purchase) on physical devices.

+Quote Post
Bobby
post Jun 15 2011, 04:44 AM
Post #3

Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 30,100

Lone Wolf Development are in the process of producing licensed Shadowrun content for their Hero Labs character management software.

In their future development plans they say they plan to support tablets - http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost.php?p=...amp;postcount=4 - but that's all for the future if at all.

+Quote Post
Zoid
post Jun 15 2011, 01:55 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 30,863

I have read that there is no such application for Mac of any kind over here. Considering the age of the post, I would keep optimistic hopes for the best. So far though, there are various web tools that you might find helpful.

In case none of the applications suits you, you can make your own one. A friend of mine who did not know anything in programming, started with Python and AppleScript and refered to the second one as to very easy to learn language.

In case you do not wish to learn how to program, there is always Excel, the more convenient and quick solution, yet not as flexible.

Good luck with finding an alternative!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.