Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iPad Shadowrun Tools
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Andinel
I posted something like this on the official SR forum, but I'm also posting here to see if there are any further insights.
Does anyone know of any useful apps or web apps for the iPad that I can use to help GM my Shadowrun games? It works great as a tool for keeping my notes together, but the spreadsheet that I use to run initiative in combat doesn't work fantastically well. Even better, would anyone be willing to make a Shadowrun iPad app that has things like condition monitors and initiative?
Burrito Al Pastor
I can't say if there's any extant apps, but if there aren't, then you might have a hard time getting anybody to take up the project - it costs $100/year to be able to put apps (freeware or for purchase) on physical devices.
Bobby
Lone Wolf Development are in the process of producing licensed Shadowrun content for their Hero Labs character management software.

In their future development plans they say they plan to support tablets - http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost.php?p=...amp;postcount=4 - but that's all for the future if at all.
Zoid
I have read that there is no such application for Mac of any kind over here. Considering the age of the post, I would keep optimistic hopes for the best. So far though, there are various web tools that you might find helpful.

In case none of the applications suits you, you can make your own one. A friend of mine who did not know anything in programming, started with Python and AppleScript and refered to the second one as to very easy to learn language.

In case you do not wish to learn how to program, there is always Excel, the more convenient and quick solution, yet not as flexible.

Good luck with finding an alternative!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012