IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR Big Brother Tech, Pretty sure this has made its way into the game already...
JanessaVR
post Feb 9 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #1

Awakened Master Ninja

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,844

And people ask me why I haven't - and will never - purchase something like the Amazon Echo.

I'm assuming something like this is standard issue in most Sixth World homes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stingray
post Feb 10 2018, 06:01 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,002

QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Feb 10 2018, 12:13 AM) *
And people ask me why I haven't - and will never - purchase something like the Amazon Echo.

I'm assuming something like this is standard issue in most Sixth World homes.

..CHN..in Runner's Companion (p 149 - 152) is lot of information on that..

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Feb 10 2018, 02:03 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,629

Depends on the finances, but, yes, any home in the middle lifestyle or higher is loaded with this kind of thing. A Major Domo computer system is standard-issue, running things like your refrigerator, your lighting, plays music when you come home, upkeeps the vacuum drone, and so on.

If you're poor, like 40% of the population, not so much, but the well-to-do are quite well-off.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Feb 11 2018, 09:00 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

blech. i get the appeal of something like a fridge that automatically takes care of keeping itself stocked with certain things, but this just goes too far for me.

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Feb 12 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #5

Awakened Master Ninja

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,844

QUOTE (Stingray @ Feb 9 2018, 10:01 PM) *
..CHN..in Runner's Companion (p 149 - 152) is lot of information on that..

It's the "behavior monitoring and control" software that's over the top. I've described my typical home/computer security approach for the Sixth World here, and I was careful to note that my home management CHN is not directly connected to the Matrix. I sure as hell wouldn't have software specifically designed to track my every more in my own house and then constantly report on it. That's just beyond insane.

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Feb 13 2018, 05:03 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

QUOTE (Jaid @ Feb 11 2018, 04:00 AM) *
blech. i get the appeal of something like a fridge that automatically takes care of keeping itself stocked with certain things, but this just goes too far for me.

QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Feb 12 2018, 02:58 PM) *
I sure as hell wouldn't have software specifically designed to track my every more in my own house and then constantly report on it. That's just beyond insane.

I love technology, I really do, but I would NEVER get something like Alexa. With Shadowrun tech you can hardware powerful enough to run a virtual intelligence software package like Alexa but without the need for a server farm. One of the biggest reasons I haven't gone to Windows 10 is that I can't get it to stop sending information back to Redmond. Honestly that should be illegal.

+Quote Post
Stingray
post Feb 13 2018, 12:28 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,002

..Perfect Roommate: Hacker/Technomancer... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 08:53 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.