IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Proofreaders needed for an article on Simsense, Attn: Ancient History and Adam
thepatriot
post Jan 30 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,314

A block of re-iteration followed by a few new ideas and tech. Rules for creation of Simsense. Tips and hints about run ideas involving Simsense.

AH, you have a cameo so I'd like you to be one of the proofs.

Drop an email (not a PM... an email) on my MSN account. When I get 4 or 5 respondents I'll email the .doc
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jan 30 2005, 01:25 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Y'know John, you /have/ my e-mail.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Jan 31 2005, 03:37 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

I wouldn't mind reading it, as long as you don't mind 3278 and I dissecting your stuff.

+Quote Post
Large Mike
post Jan 31 2005, 05:52 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 2,062

AH: You can't blame a guy for forgetting he has your email if is address book is essentially his MSN list (which is alot of people I know), as you're never on.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Jan 31 2005, 08:26 AM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

I must have perfect timing then, because nearly every time I log onto MSN he's there, and talks to me. It's why I stopped.:) Damned internet stalkers!!!! :wobble:

+Quote Post
thepatriot
post Jan 31 2005, 11:26 PM
Post #6

Target

Right... I admit that my contact list is rather obese for an introvert. I'll send it asap... perhaps tomorrow. I'm forced to use public computers until I come home, so it's not as easy as it sounds (My 'puter-thumb drive-public 'puter). After all, there's only two 'puters on this whole damn base that'll let me use my thumb :dead:

Paul, drop an email on me so I can send it to everyone at once. So far I have 6 respondents, but haven't heard from Adam. I will be sending it asap anyway.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Feb 1 2005, 01:33 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

I emailed you last night/this morning.

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Feb 1 2005, 01:40 AM
Post #8

Traumatizing players since 1992

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 220

Why not just post the text here?

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Feb 1 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 5,375

QUOTE (BitBasher)

Echo that.

+Quote Post
Foreigner
post Feb 1 2005, 02:21 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,630

(BitBasher)

(kevyn668)

Echo that.

Agreed.

thepatriot:

I'd even proofread it for you.

I worked as a proofreader for just over 12 years (March 7, 1988--August 31, 2000). I haven't worked for four years, but I still remember most of my training. :)

--Foreigner

+Quote Post
Paul
post Feb 1 2005, 02:37 AM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

Can you publish something in TSS after posting it here or elsewhere? I have no clue how that works. SOE evenually had to get off the boards right? Same for the Adepts Sourcebook I never got to see the end result of. (Still want to damn it!)

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 1 2005, 05:27 AM
Post #12

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

TSS is not a commercial product, and as such it's far from obvious that it would have to not be posted here. Adam is, of course, the source for the official answer.

~J

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Feb 1 2005, 05:29 AM
Post #13

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

I've been told it's not a big deal for forum posted material, by Adam. However, putting it in the Community Projects forum in a spoiler tag won't kill anything.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Feb 1 2005, 12:24 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

I'm quite fond of stuff that has been posted for peer review and that has bugs, typos, and other things bashed out of it before I've seen it. This post should help explain why.

+Quote Post
thepatriot
post Feb 1 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #15

Target

First of all, let me thank our esteemed host for dropping in. I know you're busy, and was hoping you would find this thread and feel exactly the way you do.

<wipes nose>

Now then... the reason I need volunteers to drop me an email is because I have limited online capabilities. I'm still in Kuwait, and these public Army morale 'puters are problematic at best. If I receive an email from you, I can add you to a temporary contact list and send the file to everyone all at once.

I can view dumpshock on one computer, and check email on another computer, but the only computer I can hook a thumb drive to is busy 24 hrs a day... I have to plan these things DAYS in advance.

You should know that I tried doing this earlier today, but the net went down just as I was logging into MSN... I got NOTHING accomplished today. I have the computer again day after tomorrow and will attempt to send it again at that time.

In the mean time, please drop an email on me if you wish to receive the article. The more the merrier :)

(God I hope I didn't screw the pooch on this one... a LOT of people seem to be interested.)

+Quote Post
thepatriot
post Feb 10 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #16

Target

QUOTE (Paul)
Same for the Adepts Sourcebook I never got to see the end result of. (Still want to damn it!)

I have a PDF for you if you would like it... got it off some file sharing program.

As for the article: I am still limited by the 'puter venue on which I write this update. I am also now updating my "Character Generation 101", the detailed hash-out for people with limited imagination as well as hard-ass GMs who want a detailed description and background. I believe CG&D 101 is up to version 2.3 or so at this point... it's coming along nicely if any of you would like to opt to shoot input on it.

As for Simsense, I have made no changes since starting this thread, and have received nearly a dozen emails from interested parties. I will be getting it out to you ASAP... early March at the very latest (I should be back in the U.S. (...S.A.?) by then.

PS: Sorry for the Beatles pun... it seemed a good idea at the time.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Feb 10 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #17

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (thepatriot)
I have a PDF for you if you would like it... got it off some file sharing program.

Different Sourcebook. The one Paul is refering to was started on the old Dumpshock Forums before being moved off-board, similar to the Shadows of Europe and Shadows of Latin America projects. Some of the material from that project did end up being used in SotA64, albeit in a slightly different manner than was first envisioned by the core team members.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:40 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.