Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Explosives, am i reading the rules right?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
hobgoblin
nyahnyah.gif
kigmatzomat
QUOTE (Crusher Bob)
And pay for shipping, and pay for trucks, and pay for truck drivers, and pay for drilling machines, and pay for drilling machine operators, and pay for more demo guys to pack the explosives, and wait for all the extra time to get dome.

In virtually every commercial usage, finesse is preferred. Overload a surface mining charge and you create a rock fountain, spewing gravel high into the sky. Excessive subterranean charges may collapse tunnels. Supersized landscaping charges create fractured hillsides. Overload a building charge and you impact (literally) nearby structures.

Using a lower-powered explosive makes it more obvious when you start building excessive charges.
Kremlin KOA
SO 36 kilos of commercial explosives will do NOTHING to ther guy standing 10 meters from it.... can we have someone with experience in demolitions work tell me if that is realistic
Siege
I have no practical experience with commercial explosives, but 36 kilos of _anything_ that goes boom will have a dramatic and somewhat messy effect on everything within a 10 meter radius.

10 meters...30 feet, give or take.

-Siege
Austere Emancipator
I've seen 10kg of TNT go off a few times. I must say I wouldn't have wanted to be within 10 meters of those -- watching them at 300 meters was quite exciting enough.

36kg of TNT at 10 meters should at the very least knock you down, cause bruising, deafen you, that sort of thing. Possibly break bones, cause a severe concussion, etc. If you want to kill people at distance, your best bet is shrapnel -- which I must say I'm positively surprised the rules make a note of.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012