Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weapon Foci dice
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hyzmarca
Simple question, to weapon foci add dice to noncombat activities with that weapon? For example, do foci scapels give more dice to a surgery test or do weapon foci swiss army knives add more dice to a can-opening test?
Velocity
I don't know if there's a canonical response to your question, but my knee-jerk reaction would be 'no': these are weapon foci and their bonuses should only apply when they're being used in their intended role.
Sharaloth
my ruling? Sure, if you had to make a test for opening a can, the Weapon Focus swiss army knife would give you dice, as would the scalpel if you had to make a test for just cutting a guy open. However, you do not need to make a test to open a can, and you aren't just cutting a guy open. Surgury is a whole lot more than 'slice here', which means the scalpel does not give bonus dice to the biotech test.
Fortune
Keep in mind that Weapon Foci don't just add dice (in SR3). They add their Rating directly to the (Combat) Skill itself. This can affect things like Adept Power levels and Combat Pool allotment.
Dog

Weapon foci dice? Hmm... I could use some of those.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Dog @ Nov 1 2005, 08:46 PM)
Weapon foci dice? Hmm... I could use some of those.

http://www.dicecollector.com/diceinfo_how_...any_shapes.html

Pick your favorite shape and and take them to your friendly local enchanter.
The sharp ones work best.

The Triakis Hexahedron D6 look pretty stabby and it's SR compliant.
Kagetenshi
Add early, add often.

~J
Dog
I can see it now....

Player 1: "Well, here we go through the scanner gates."

Me: "(Ready to roll dice foci.) Who's got contraband?"

Player 2: "I've got... (checking record sheet) eleven grenades in my bag."

stupified stares

Player 2: "What? They're concealability 9, aren't they?"

Whap! Whap! Whap!

Player 1: "Somebody call an ambulance!"

Dice foci, keeping stupid players in line since... well, now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012