Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Troll armor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lilt
I can't seem to be able to find this anywhere, and I did do a search so if it was there then it was seemingly worded obscurely, but what type of armor is it that trolls have? They have one point, but is this a point of impact armor, ballistic armor, or both? I'm presuming both, like how the adept power was converted to both, but I'm just asking to make sure.
Spetsnaz
If it didn't change in SR4, it's just an extra Body point, for purpose of damage, like Dermal Plating.
That's how it worked from 1e to 3e.
Feshy
QUOTE (Spetsnaz)
If it didn't change in SR4, it's just an extra Body point, for purpose of damage, like Dermal Plating.
That's how it worked from 1e to 3e.

This is no longer the case. From Dermal Plating:

Dermal plating confers a bonus to both Ballistic and Impact armor equal to its rating.

Additionally, the troll dermal armor specifically says "cumulative with worn armor" -- meaning it stacks with armor you are wearing. To do that, it'd have to be an armor value as well, not a damage resistance die. smile.gif

My guess would be even though the troll says "Dermal Armor" and not "Dermal Plating" that it grants the same bonuses. As to where that leaves trolls with respect to orthoskin:

Dermal plating cannot be combined with orthoskin.

is anybody's guess.
blakkie
Troll Orthoskin would be cool since it's all natural, momma & pappa made Dermal Armor. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012