Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wounds and Magic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PiXeL01
One thing that has confused me for years is when you should check for Magic Loss because of wounds.

Is it everytime you REACH Deadly Physical or when you TAKE a Deadly physical spot on?

I have been playing Shadorun for years but never could figure it out. Until now my group and I have used the Spot on Deadly physical is needed for a check, but then again, we have been wrong for all these years
Grinder
We houseruled that a magic active character has to check for magic loss everytime he reaches physical deadly damage. No matter if by 10 light wounds or one deadly wound.
Velocity
That's a good question. The actual passage (from Shadowrun, 3rd Edition, p. 129) is:

"When an Awakened character suffers a Deadly wound or is treated without the +2 modifier for an Awakened character (see First Aid Table), the character risks a loss of magic."

That doesn't really help, does it? sarcastic.gif It's never come up in our games (our shaman takes good care of himself), so I'm not really sure.

The FAQ is mum on the subject, so I think an e-mail is in order.
tisoz
A Deadly wound would be all in one shot.

Deadly Damage could be in one shot or by 10 Light wounds.
Velocity
What tisoz says sounds reasonable to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012