Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Agility and skills
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Liper
say you have a char with a natural agility of 3 and a say pistols 5
and a cyber arm with a agility 10

if shooting with the cyber arm, you get to use the 10 agility and any other arm/foot whatever the agility 3?
Drace
From what I understand of the rules, yes, you go by the attribute of the cyber replacement when using it, otherwise you go by natural attribute

EDIT*:but getting an attribute 10 cyber would be hard
Liper
full arm 15k 1 essence
+7 agility 1750
+2 body 400
+6 strength 1500
Torso 1.5 essence 20k
+ 2 body 400
+4 armour 1200

Basic eye rt 2 .3 essence
Smartlink 1k
thermo 1k
Low 1k
flare comp 750

Cybe ears rt 1 .2 e 500
Balance Augmenter 5k

rt 2 synaptic Accelerator 160k .5 e
210,250 nuyen used.

(just a clip from char developing, as you can see though a agility of 10 isn't hard with cyberlimbs)
Squinky
The problem with that is, according to the book, limbs cap at 9.
FrankTrollman
Yes, the maximum bonus on a cyberlimb is rating 7, which corresponds to a 10. Cyberlimbs are thus capable of exceeding the human augmented limit if you have a torso mod for them to slot into.

-Frank
Squinky
Umm, say what?

Where did this rule come from?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Squinky)
Umm, say what?

Page 336 of the BBB. Cyberlimb Enhancements go up to 7, and the starting value is 3. Essentially, Cyberlimbs always have "exceptional attribute".

-Frank
CONAN9845
You can't get anything more than a rating 4 at chargen anyway, making the max at that point a 7.
Squinky
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Nov 25 2005, 03:36 AM)
Umm, say what?

Page 336 of the BBB. Cyberlimb Enhancements go up to 7, and the starting value is 3. Essentially, Cyberlimbs always have "exceptional attribute".

-Frank

My understanding of that was that extra point was for metatypes, so they could at least get a ten on there enhanced stats. The hard cap is pretty explicit, and I'm sure they would make a point to mention that cyber-limbs allowed one point over the norm.
Liper
actually there is the point of availability (pff availability bah!) rt x3 is availability for upgrades, so the max is 4 frown.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (FrankTrollman @ Nov 25 2005, 02:22 AM)
Yes, the maximum bonus on a cyberlimb is rating 7, which corresponds to a 10. Cyberlimbs are thus capable of exceeding the human augmented limit if you have a torso mod for them to slot into.

The maximum human augmented cap is 10, if they have the appropriate Exceptional Attribute. Which is likely why they allow it purchases of up to a total of 10 even though normally for humans the effective max is 9. Yes, that's kinda a wierd idea for a cyberarm to be limited that way (EDIT: To 9 that is, and a Quality allows you to go to 10). Chalk it up the interconnection to the whole body, not just the torso (i guess just the organs if it's a total body job), or just chalk it up to general rules quirkiness. *shrug*
Liper
without anything in the book to suggest a racial mod for cyberlimbs yet, I'd see no reason a human, elf, troll, couldn't all have a agility of 10 considering they are using the same cyber currently hehe.
blakkie
QUOTE (Liper @ Nov 25 2005, 11:55 PM)
without anything in the book to suggest a racial mod for cyberlimbs yet, I'd see no reason a human, elf, troll, couldn't all have a agility of 10 considering they are using the same cyber currently hehe.

Trolls would be using Troll sized stuff. But for some odd reason their bottom end is still based on human physical attributes. wobble.gif Though at least they wouldn't need the Exceptional Attribute to have 10 Str, for example.

EDIT: Troll Agility has a lower cap on their Attribute though. They'd still start at Agi 3, but they'd get capped at Agi 7 (or 9 with Exceptional Attribute). At least with Trolls the caps start to make a bit more sense because the 'ware is going to be different sized. Though the starting base doesn't really.
Liper
ah but the quirk with troll arms,

availability.

because of starting characters and availability you can only start a troll cyber arm at str 7, two above racial min....

so still exceptional human/elf, but average troll..... REALLY CUTTING EDGE GEAR huh?

Lilt
I'd personally say that cyberarms start with the racial average for the metatype (minimum +2) so trolls and the like aren't overly screwed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012