Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wage mages?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
The Stainless Steel Rat
QUOTE (TheHappyAnarchist)
Especially as you would not want to spend all your karma on creating foci right?

Karma for Cash for Karma for Cash for Karma for Cash for Karma for Cash for ....

The life of an Enchanter...
TheHappyAnarchist
Every day, making these stupid little toys, wasting all my hard earned talent.
I could be researching, I could be doing security and I have to make my stupid trinkets for everyone else.
I could have real power, I could get them some day.

Oh well hi Mr Shadowrunner. (Wets pants) please take everything you need.

wink.gif
tisoz
Or the enchanter could feel like they have a special talent that allows them to create things very few others can create and few others can afford. That their latest creation is a work of art.

That when they finish a wonderous work of art they can afford to take the rest of the year off and party, not be stuck in some silly research lab trying to build a better mousetrap like another 1000 research schlubs. And those guys doing the security, either boring sit and wait on defense, or having your butt hanging out by itself and everyone wanting to geek you first.

Honestly, if you allowed an enchanter to use cash for karma and let them enchant for a solid year, they could max out their stats, be a double digit initiate and have enough karma to know every skill and spell their heart desired. However training times and taking the time to learn spells will hold them up a little. If you allow multiple allies, they will have the karma to create a production line worth of enchanting allies that can be churning out the product and ringing in the karma register, freeing up the time for the enchanter to actually learn skills and spells.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012