Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What ever happened to Hatchetman?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abstruse
Ummm...the topic pretty much explains it all. What happened to Hatchetman after he left the clinic in Cybertechnology? Has anyone ever said?

The Abstruse One
Synner
Nope.
Hot Wheels
I thought I'd read that he died, but that could just be a reference to the accident that turned him into a CZ. Certainly he stopped being the person he was and became just a cold piece of cyber.
Abstruse
Odds are he's dead by now, I was just wondering what got him -- cancer or an assault canon round -- and what he may have done before he passed on. And esp. who paid for the operation (Renraku or Aztechnology would be the only ones I can think of out of the lot that does cybermancy...)

The Abstruse One
Gaunt
At the time of Hatchetman's Operation, yes. But in the current day and age, I wouldn't put it past a number of the other corps.

Novatech did inherit two of the old Fuchi Delta clinics, and a lot of the the other corps do have them. There are what 10 or 12 in the world? And really that plus a good magician are all you need to start on Cybermancy research.

Likely the answer to who did it is carefully hidden in the Cyberware Text in the old source book, but never directly said. I haven't read it in a long time.

However as far as I'm aware, Hatchetman has not been mentioned since.
EVLTIM
My money was always on Fuchi , and I say he got cancer and died , just like anyone else that is stupid enough to go for cybermancy .
BIG BAD BEESTE
Fuchi was my bet too. I believe that it was actually stated by Hatchetman himself in the Cyberware SB. Been some time since I read it though.

As for what became of him after the cybermancy, hmmmm. He became a celebrity and moved to Hollywood and had his image plastered on collectors cards? (See the SR: TCG Hatchetman 2057 promo - and if you have that one spare drop me a line too)

But as for the cybermancy rules, I'd put my money on cancer or the temporal lobe epilepsy. Personally I'd have thought that Fuchi would have used an "asset" like him (especially one nearing its use-by date) to hit Renraku or one of its own divisions during the Corp War. Something that needed to be done with impact and no subtlety.
Siege
QUOTE (EVLTIM)
My money was always on Fuchi , and I say he got cancer and died , just like anyone else that is stupid enough to go for cybermancy .

It wasn't like he had an option -- I seem to recall something about "zigging when I should have zagged...and a pair of chattering sentry guns".

-Siege
Snow_Fox
Right, he didn't "go" for it, like going in for new eys, he was going to get cz'ed or a pine box. Like Robocop i think he probably didn't get an offer, just woke up changed.

I always thought Ares for the docs. Remember they said he saved a mega corp, since fuchi broke up that wasn't saved by much, and of course it might have been Novatech, the smallest of the AAA's but i don't remember if fuchi broke up before or after cybertech came out.
Snow_Fox
Hatchman died the day he zigged. What got up off the table may have been faster and stronger than a mere human, but he is without emotion, without thought, without remorse. He can't enjoy a sunset or a fine meal.

Some people think small pleasures like that are what life is all about.

(I bet he's allergic to gold too!) cyber.gif
Siege
It was interesting to note the differences in conversation between pre-fragged Hatchet and post-fragged Hatchet.

He still functioned (more or less) and some finer aspects of him were lost, but he still functioned. (which is how I describe most of humanity)

Granted, there was no bets on how he fared as time progressed...

-Siege
Adam
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
I always thought Ares for the docs. Remember they said he saved a mega corp, since fuchi broke up that wasn't saved by much, and of course it might have been Novatech, the smallest of the AAA's but i don't remember if fuchi broke up before or after cybertech came out.

After. Hatchetman had nothing to do with the Corporate War, at least according to canon material.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
I always thought Ares for the docs.

Except that as of Man & Machine Ares still didn't have a Delta clinic, a fairly vital part of the procedure. Plus since Dunkelzhan and Knight seemed to have some kind of relationship, if he'd tried anything like that I could see Dunk getting annoyed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012