Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leonard Thomas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
skyekicker
Leonard Thomas is a character I originally made to play myself. The character had an interesting story that could be a campaign in itself. I have been trying to start a campaign myself but it looks like its not going to work. The concept of this character is that Leo was a reluctant subject for a new peice of bioware. This special peice of bioware gives its user the abilities of a Technomancer. Leo is very young and would rather go home but because she is the only one to survive the surgery going home could be dangerous. The only way she can return to her parents is by exposing the corp behind this implant.

Leo is a very young human, just barely in her teens. She has short spiked red hair and two different colored eyes - one blue eye and one brown eye. She wears a white long-sleave turlte neck and a pair of blue jeans. She is hopelessly naive, an idealist that trys to do the right thing even when it hurts. Not to say that she isn't mischievous, far from it, but she won't do anything truly harmful. Her mother taught her strong christian morals that she follows word for word and her father taght her all the neat little behind getting a computer to what want it to do. To say that Leo is lucky would be saying the least of it. Several times things go so well together for Leo that her enemies wonder "How the #$%^@ did that happen." Leo is built to be a moral character who is a shadowrunner because she has no other choice if she wants to see home again and with a bit of luck she just might succeed.

Leonard Thomas
Female Human Technomancer

Body - 2
Agility - 2
Reaction - 3
Strength - 1

Charisma - 3
Intuition - 3
Logic - 5
Willpower - 3

Edge - 8
Resonance - 3
Initiative - 6
Essence - ??

Qualities

Lucky
Technomancer
First Impression
Combat Paralysis
SINner

Skill Groups

Cracking: 3
Electronics: 3
Influence: 1

Active Skills

Compiling: 3
Registering: 3
Cybercombat: 3
Electronic Warfare: 3
Hacking: 3
Computer: 3
Data Search: 3
Hardware: 3
Software: 3
Con: 1
Etiquette: 1
Leadership: 1
Negotiation: 1
Infiltration: 2
Perception: 2

Complex Forms

Analyze: 3
Browse: 3
Command: 3
Edit: 3
Scan: 3
Armor: 3
Attack: 3
Exploit: 3
Stealth: 3
Decrypt: 3

Contacts

John Thomas (Father)
Male Human Spider
Connections 4
Loyalty 3

Sara Thomas (Mother)
Female Human Face
Connections 3
Loyalty 4

Dara Longfeather (Friend)
Female Elf Blogger
Connections 3
Loyalty 3
FrankTrollman
In general, I like it. I personally wouldn't make it a piece of Bioware that awakened her technomantic abilities. Maybe a series of trode dunkings into simulated System Failure situations in a (successful) attempt to force technomantic awakenings in the subjects.

Having a character with a damaged Essence triggering the technomantic awakening makes weird things happen later on if the character undergoes implant surgery.

---

From a min/max standpoint, you should probably drop Tasking, because Decompiling is the lamest skill that was ever lame (especially for characters with relatively small Resonance attributes like yours). Similarly, Dodge is pretty pointless unless you have lots of it. You're not going to spend an action on Full Defense just to get 1 die of bonus defense, so you might as well save the points.

From a legality standpoint, you can't have more than twice your Logic in Complex Forms at chargen (p. 86). You have a Logic of 3, so you'll want to jack that up or drop 4 of your Complex Forms. Needless to say, I suggest the latter. Drop Strength, Agility, or Intuition if you have to.

-Frank
skyekicker
I'll drop Strength and agility one to get logic up to 5 and if drop (dodge and) tasking and keep Compiling and Registering I'll have 8 bp. Any suggestions?
Liper
more contacts with the bps!

(second what's a spider)

and seriously, contacts, contacts, contacts!
The Jopp
You may only begin the game with a maximum of eight complex forms (I find that very silly though)
DigitalSoul
QUOTE (Liper)
(second what's a spider)

The term 'spider' is shadowslang for a security rigger.
skyekicker
I spent the bps to increase compiling and registering but thanks for the suggestion.
Also Frank is right Jopp, you can have Logic * 2 complex forms.
nick012000
Drop half your Complex forms, and raise the rest up to 6. It's more efficient that way, as far as the use of BPs go.

Take more Negative Qualities. Mild Addictions and Severe Allergy (Peanuts) are good. The latter's pretty realistic as well- there's a reason that food packages say 'may contain traces of nuts' if they were made in the same building as goods containing peanuts.

Use the build points to increase your skill groups.
MaxHunter
I do not like the allergic munchkinism described just above, but hey, it's a GM call after all.

The character I like. But: a) You need a nice punchy group to stand in harm's way, hope your fellow players are friendly.
b) Isn't Leonard a male name?
c) I would leave the origins of the induced technomancy for the Gm, the character may even have problems remembering what happened exactly. (think: early wolverine)

Nice idea all in all.

Cheers,

Max
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012