Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Quix
It looks like for my next SR game I'm gonna have to do it online. How would people here suggest handling the communications? I was contemplating ICQ but I'm not sure that all my players use it, and not knowing how to send one message to multiple people is slightly annoying. Any advice would be appreciated.
mfb
i'd like to take this opportunity to plug Shadowland, which can handle both message board-style games and chat-based games. with die roller, woo hoo!
Kagetenshi
We at SotSW use an AIM chatroom and the built-in dieroller therein.

~J
nezumi
I use play by post at www.rpol.net . Takes a wee bit of time to figure out how to use it, but ever since, I've been hooked. *GREAT* site and always in need of more SR GMs (if you run a game, you'll get players in no time.)
Liper
SotSW?
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Liper)
SotSW?

The Shadowrun world I run, originally intended to be grander in scope (it was created to address the problem that I found fixed teams unrealistic, preferring Reservoir Dogs-style one-off groupings) but now two games run with different GMs and a mostly shared playerbase using the same rules (including houserules) and overall world.

~J
Aku
and i will, as my duty calls for, plug OpenRPG a chat style, server based community.
frostPDP
AIM. Definitely use AIM, but you have to be touchy about scheduling; anything more than a 3-man run and you'll have trouble getting/keeping hold of everyone.

Real life can suck.
Sahandrian
Our group always used AIM or IRC depending on who was playing.

We've been on hold for quite some time now...
Liper
if any of you are willing to add another member, I'd love to play online =p
Nyxll
There are several regularly scheduled games that play on irc. s-run.com has more details. The games have alot of flavor and are a hoot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012