Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Struggling with conversion....
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Solstice
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
How I would handle the cash and gear.
  1. Any gear that can't be used in SR4 would be refunded at full price to the player.
  2. The player could purchase anything he wanted and could aford that would come forward. For instance, permenant lifestyles.
  3. 25-50% of the remaining cash would come forward into SR4 (depending on GM desire).
There are two (not huge) problems with using drugs to boost initiative passes. First, there aren't any prices for drugs in the SR4 book, though that's really a minor issue. Secondly, it takes a full combat turn for drugs to take effect. So, at best, you'd get the benefit on round 2 if you weren't controlling the situation (assuming you're going with Jazz instead of Cram). Not horrible, but by the second turn many combats are already almost over.

I like these ideas. We will probably do something very similar considering costs appear to be much less.
eidolon
Apologies. I assumed that you were going with the nuyen, which would simply mean that you're back to problem one, which isn't a problem unless you continue to make it one.

All of this would be easily solved by speaking to your GM. If you're not converting for a specific game, and thus have no current GM, then it's rather a moot point. If you make changes and decisions now, there is no guarantee that your next GM will allow them. In this regard, you're best off just "selling' the gear that SR4 doesn't have and leaving the money on your sheet for spending when you do have a GM to ask about these things.

If it's simply a conversion for it's own sake, then you're effectively your own GM, and can make any decision and do whatever you like, as there is no more explicit rule than those given in the guide.

By posting, you're effectively asking all of us how we would handle it were we your GM. I've given you how I would handle it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Solstice
QUOTE (eidolon)
Apologies. I assumed that you were going with the nuyen, which would simply mean that you're back to problem one, which isn't a problem unless you continue to make it one.

All of this would be easily solved by speaking to your GM. If you're not converting for a specific game, and thus have no current GM, then it's rather a moot point. If you make changes and decisions now, there is no guarantee that your next GM will allow them. In this regard, you're best off just "selling' the gear that SR4 doesn't have and leaving the money on your sheet for spending when you do have a GM to ask about these things.

If it's simply a conversion for it's own sake, then you're effectively your own GM, and can make any decision and do whatever you like, as there is no more explicit rule than those given in the guide.

By posting, you're effectively asking all of us how we would handle it were we your GM. I've given you how I would handle it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well I'm pretty much the co-GM. More than anything I just wanted confirmation from some people that "yes we used the sell-back method and it seemed to work or at least didn't break the whole game".

As for the enormous bank account, I have a feeling we will engineer a backstory for the 5 year leap in timeline to SR4 that will involve losing at least half that money. It's just too much money to have in one characters hands. He probably would have no reason to run with that much money short of just being a sociopath.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012