Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting Attribute Ratings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dashifen
So, under Physical/Mental Attributes on page 73 it states "Also, characters cannot have more than one attribute at their natural maximum."

Now, since that sentence is under a header involving physical and mental attributes, I'm inclined to think that a character ... make it human for example, could have an agility of 6 (the maximum) and an edge of 7 (also the maximum) as edge is a special attribute.

However, the line quoted above, regardless of what heading its under, could easily be interpreted exactly as written, that one attribute is at the max from all three categories (physical, mental, and special).

So, which do you think it is?
stevebugge
My interpretation is that it applied to only Physical and Mental Attributes.
Brahm
I would consider it irrelavent. If they want to spend that many Build Points on Magic, Edge, or another attribute I'd say go ahead. But then my style is to give the player enough rope to hang their characters with.
TinkerGnome
Getting that max attribute point is such a bp sink, I'd never read it the other way. I might encourage the player to look at his character again and make sure he really wants to do that and isn't just trying to twink out on something.

I'd really rather have two stats at five than one at six and one and four, anyway. It's a net karma:bp savings to achieve 6/5 that way (save 3 karma for 15 bp).
MK Ultra
QUOTE (Dashifen)
However, the line quoted above, regardless of what heading its under, could easily be interpreted exactly as written, that one attribute is at the max from all three categories (physical, mental, and special).

The text is totally clear, you cant have more than one Attribute at maximum, so uncybered characters without burn-out level addiction canīt have any attribut maxed out other then essence! biggrin.gif
Aku
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Feb 6 2006, 05:26 PM)

The text is totally clear, you cant have more than one Attribute at maximum, so uncybered characters without burn-out level addiction canīt have any attribut maxed out other then essence! biggrin.gif

Wrong thread MK, that goes Here

But i interpret it to mean that anyone physical or mental attribute can be at the maximum. Edge isn't considered an "attribute" for the 1/2 bp limit, so i dont think it would apply here either.
MK Ultra
Already posted it there.

*reinitiatingseriousmode* I agree with Aku & with Brahm.
Dashifen
That was my feelings as well, just wanted to see what the consensus may be. Thanks all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012