Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loose Change vol. 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
P.P.Lemonade
Click to check out the new hour and twenty minute long flash Shadowrun 4th ed. movie and upcoming book.
mintcar
horrifying
nick012000

You know, I think that guy made another conspiracy theory video. He seems to do that a lot.

"OMGWTFBBQ! Teh govahment's 0ut t0 GET US!!!!!eleventyone!" ohplease.gif
mintcar
This is not that kind of conspiracy. This says their out to get the world wink.gif

And I beleive it.
Backgammon
Woah.

So, who got the 160 billion in gold?
BaronSameday
Smart money is on can food and shotguns love.gif
Akimbo
I listened in on about 30 minutes of that video for background noise. What does this have to do with Shadowrun 4th edition again? All I hear is something about 9/11 conspiracies.
mintcar
I think the original poster was getting at how this conspiracy is sick enough that it could easily have been a sr source book.
runefire32
QUOTE (mintcar)
I think the original poster was getting at how this conspiracy is sick enough that it could easily have been a sr source book.

I think thats just a wee bit of a understatement.
Mr.Platinum
4th Edition?

I say you Yankee's should rise up and take whats yours!Your Country!

Now i'll sit back and waite for some agency to bust down my door.

I don't understand why the people even try to take this to court, it seems theres enough evidence out there to make those in power pay?

WTF? i just don't understand? why is this aloud to happen?
Galmorez
Nothing to do with Shadowrun, but I've believed this conspiracy theory for a long time. People leaving a tower heard explosions and then the building collapsed. Aviation fuel may burn pretty hot, but not hot enough to bring down a skyscraper in an hour. That would take thermite.
That and all the Iraq has nukes stuff afterwards. The only thing I'm curious about, is what was such a threat that we needed to get a big foothold in the Middle East? The U.S. guvmint doesn't do anything without a damn good reason. I'm just afraid it's an oil thing... Maybe the background story for Fallout is coming true.

frown.gif
stevebugge
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum @ Feb 15 2006, 03:04 PM)
Now i'll sit back and waite for some agency to bust down my door.

JWOD is on the way! silly.gif

Not that I think buying from the disabled is bad, but the US Goverment is probably buying stuff just because not because they need it.
Drace
Also, adding to Gamorez on the believing much of the 9/11 being a cons. The "plane" that hit the ground was flying too low to fly and not hit lamp posts and power poles (which were all still up), the plane would also have caused a backdraft going as fast as it was (which was faster than its top speed), and the fact the explosion was that of a concrete insertion warhead (like those used for bunkers).

The situation kinda reminds of the Tom Clancy book & movie Clear and Present Danger (or Patriot Games, can't remember which one)
nezumi
I've seen evidence that it wasn't a jet liner that hit the building at all, but a flying saucer with New Mexico license plates.

Hmm....
nick012000
Honestly, I doubt that your average man on the street could tell the difference between the sound of an explosion and the sound of lots of heavy stuff falling. Both make a big, big bang.

And even if there were explosions, so what? The terrorists used something to take the twin towers down on top of airplanes.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (nick012000)
Honestly, I doubt that your average man on the street could tell the difference between the sound of an explosion and the sound of lots of heavy stuff falling. Both make a big, big bang.

And even if there were explosions, so what? The terrorists used something to take the twin towers down on top of airplanes.

As in terrorists you mean U.S goverment?
blakkie
QUOTE (nick012000)

I had figured that is what those secondary "explosions" were reported at the Pentagon. The roof and floors collapsing.

Some of the stuff in there is very curious, but frankly the way a lot of it is handled leads me to believe the curious bits were not fairly or thoroughly explored for all possible explainations.

The worst part of it? That claptrap like this distract from how portions of the administration seemingly cynically used the situation afterward to sell their unrelated agenda.
nezumi
I will say that I have family and friends who were in the area of the Pentagon. None of them reported anything odd. A friend of mine is the daughter of a firefighter who did report finding pieces of airplane wreckage. Even though there must have been hundred of witnesses, the video fails to touch on how many witnesses did note two explosions (or whatever else is odd. Anyone else think 'huh, cordite? Why would anyone use cordite, even for explosives?'), how many feel everything went as the gov't explained, and how many couldn't testify either way.

The government keeping stuff under wraps is pretty much SoP. I wouldn't expect anything less.
runefire32
Theres enough things fishy and enough physical imposibilities to almost guarentee that it was not a 757 that hit the pentagon like it was reported. And certainly flight 93 didn't suddently disapear when it hit the ground in PA. Don't have to believe their version of whats behind the conspiracy mind you...But you should be able to tell that a good amount of what people believe about 9-11...isn't what actualy happened.

With the WTC theres a bit more that could be going on than reported. A friend did a bit of research...which says things to the opposite of some of the things reported in the video. It doesn't really prove it either way...but theres enough there, that should make you atleast wonder and think about it both ways.
blakkie
I'm not sure if they are trying to say it was an explosive warhead missle? Some solid rocket engines have used a cordite type material, but I don't know how that relates to stuff currently in use. Plus they were trying to say it was a cruise missle, which uses a turbine fan engine not solid fuel powered.
runefire32
QUOTE (blakkie)
I'm not sure if they are trying to say it was an explosive warhead missle? Some solid rocket engines have used a cordite type material, but I don't know how that relates to stuff currently in use. Plus they were trying to say it was a cruise missle, which uses a turbine fan engine not solid fuel powered.

Most of the rumors and conspiracy theories have leveled down on the probablility that it was a cruise missle more than likely...but the video really isn't clear on what they think it might be. Theres really alot of posibilities. For all we know it could very much be a combination of a bunch of different things...explosives, a missile, small plane...hard to say. One things for sure...it wasn't a 757 that took down 5 light posts and skipped off the ground and vaporized from the fire when it slammed into the pentagon...
blakkie
I'm not even entirely convinced about that.

Some of those pictures have a really bad angle, where there could be an engine core wreckage at the base of the walls and you wouldn't see it. Fuel filled wings and tail fins vapourizing in a fire at the base of the wall, and not penetrating milspec armored walls and windows? The Pentagon is no normal building afterall. *shrug* Not much of stretch for me.
nezumi
Runefire, it certainly isn't 'impossible' that a jet slammed into the pentagon. The news crews might not have been able to get good pictures, but that's because the pentagon is a top secret area. If there's a gaping hole in your wall, you're going to keep cameras away until you know what might be revealed and what attacked you. It's just common sense. And if there's no airplane wreckage, how come the hundreds of fire fighters haven't said anything? It's a lot easier to pick a photo a few hours after the crash when the wreckage has been moved or whatnot and say 'look, no plane!' than to put a missile through the wall and expect the 500 people who will see the crash site to not wonder what's going on.

As for the lamp posts, look up the force of the backwash on a 757's engines. I don't think the jet hit the lamp posts, it just flew close enough to knock them out with the hundreds of thousands of pounds of thrust coming out of those six ton engines.

Blackkie's point is there is no logical reason the US military would be using anything with cordite. It's overpriced and not especially effective. Our rockets don't use it, our guns don't use it. So if the people say they smelled cordite, they're either wrong (most likely) or the conspiracy is REALLY weird.
mintcar
In my view, it's much more propable, concidering what we know independent of this video, that (parts of) the US government either turned a blind eye or orcestrated the entire thing, than it is that they didn't. But there's obviously not enough proof to say for sure.
Rotbart van Dainig
One of the claims is a bit odd, too:

2000°F equals 1093°C.
For steel, that is even a bit above the temperature range where it is hot-molded (at that temperature, there's a substantial drop in pressure resistance).
So, I really don't wonder why that guy from NIST was fired when claiming at that temperature the steel wouldn't have been affected. cool.gif
blakkie
Oh ya, that part too. Being below the melting point does not equate to being as rigid. Just like candy bars get soft before they turn liquid. wobble.gif Although what the guy wrote sounded to me more like CYA where he is saying that the steel supplied met the specs they were contracted to supply so it wasn't their fault.
mintcar
What seems strange to me is not that they fell, but how they fell. You can actually see the floors being blown out one by one.
Galmorez
If the buildings had collapsed from the top, they would have fallen in stages. The timing the video shows is that they collapsed from the bottom up.
Also, it was a controlled demolition collapse. If it really had been from the plane collisions, they would tended to have tipped like a lumber jack cutting out the side of a tree.
Mr.Platinum
Are eyes opening?

Some one should Hire some "deniable assets "4th edition style to do some leg work.
nezumi
How does the video show they collapsed from the bottom up? Anyway, we're talking about what, a few hundred tons sticking out a hundred feet up? The leverage must have been tremendous. Mintcar- how would you expect the building to collapse? One floor falls onto the next, onto the next.

As for how it collapsed, I'm guessing it could be engineered so it doesn't just topple over in case of problems. No one yet has complained that the building fell in an odd way, and theorists are clearly looking for anything they can bring up that's suspicious.
mintcar
Well. I guess I didn't wonder about it when I first saw it. But it does look exactly like a controled demolition. Perhaps it's due to construction as you say. I also said there's reasonable doubt. It also looks alot like higher ups knew about the attack though. And the cheer amount of wonky things about it weighs me over on the conspiracy theorists side. Then there's the fact that both Al Qaida and the US government got exactly what they wanted. Why doubt they were in buisness over this? The people in power need war. And this specific president hasn't shown any scruples, we know that much.
P.P.Lemonade
Controlled demolition you say? Why yes that is correct. Here's WTC owner Larry Silverstein talking about demolishing building 7.
See for yourself.

This is P.P.Lemonade signing out.
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (Galmorez)
If the buildings had collapsed from the top, they would have fallen in stages. The timing the video shows is that they collapsed from the bottom up.
Also, it was a controlled demolition collapse. If it really had been from the plane collisions, they would tended to have tipped like a lumber jack cutting out the side of a tree.

You get half a point for effort - the towers didn't collapse from the impact of the planes (which would possibly have caused them to fall like dominoes).

They collapsed because the burning jet fuel (which was liquid, and thus drained down elevator shafts and the like) weakened the supports throughout, but especially at the base of the towers. Since there was, at that point, no lateral force being applied to the towers, they fell exactly as should be expected - straight down - due to gravity.

This is the way almost all buildings that collapse due to complete structural failure fall - only when there is a significant portion of the load still being supported do buildings fall over - witness any number of failed controlled demolitions.
P.P.Lemonade
No steel building has collapsed because of fire before or since 9/11. On 9/11, 3 steel buildings collapsed "because of fire."

Eat your doublethink Winston.

They collapsed because the burning jet fuel (which was liquid, and thus drained down elevator shafts and the like) weakened the supports throughout, but especially at the base of the towers.

Orly? Burning jet fuel drained down the elevator shafts eh? Seems to me that the burning fuel would burn before it had a chance to drain.

Look, here's the deal. I don't think anyone is giving us the straight dope on what happened on 9/11. Maybe the conspiracy theorists can't tell us exactly what happened, but they've made it absolutely clear that the government's official explanation of the incident is patently false. And if you don't see a need for a more thorough investigation into this matter, you need to work on developing some critical thinking skills.

This is P.P.Lemonade signing out.
Rotbart van Dainig
Exothermic reactions don't create all the same amount of excess heat.

So, basically, with jet fuel, a building burns hotter that it would without.
Hotter, as pointed out above, means less pressure resistance.
P.P.Lemonade
True jet fuel burns hotter than a normal fire. It also burns up very quickly and to my knowledge, doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (P.P.Lemonade)
It also burns up very quickly

..if there is enough oxygen, which can and will limit that rate.

QUOTE (P.P.Lemonade)
and to my knowledge, doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel.

Which, as stated above, isn't necessary to bring loadbearing capabilities beneath safety levels, especially if there already was structural damage.
P.P.Lemonade
I've seen several pics of people standing in the entry locations of the planes at the towers. That's not indicative of a raging, hot, steel weakening fire.

A 15 minute clip for your consideration.
http://66.219.100.127/video/cte_07_lo.mov
Rotbart van Dainig
Sorry, but burning oil fields are known for their black smoke, yet those are not exactly normal, 'cool' fires.
Mr.Platinum
Rabert Van Daining are you one of them? you know geraldo? are you on there payroll?
blakkie
He trying to suggest that they blew up the computer chips??? Of course the mechanical coming together of the floors ground everything into a fine powder. A point source explosive would toss the office equipment out the window, not reduce it to a fine dust.

Oh, and the squibs that are shooting out the sides going down? It would require archetectural plans to see exactly why they were happening at fairly regular intervals, but those might be air getting pushed ahead of the floors falling from above and being squished out of the bottom of emergency stair wells. Often stair wells in a building only go down a number of floors, and then you have to switch stair wells to continue down the building.

Ya there was an explosion. An explosion of air being push out.
Churl Beck
Reason without truth is foolishness. Truth without reason is dogmatism.

These documentarians are solidly in the "foolishness" camp. If you want to know what happened to the buildings, you would do better to rely on a structural engineer, not a news reporter. However, 99% of the people watching this video won't have those kind of answers, and that is enough to produce the intended doubt. Personally, I wouldn't go to see a magic show and insist that the performance must be supernatural just because I'm unable to explain how the tricks are done. That's not my area of expertise. Those who think otherwise need to "work on developing some critical thinking skills."

Now that I'm officially part of the conspiracy, I vote that this thread be closed.
P.P.Lemonade
QUOTE (P.P.Lemonade)
A 15 minute clip for your consideration.
http://66.219.100.127/video/cte_07_lo.mov

If you want to know what happened to the buildings, you would do better to rely on a structural engineer, not a news reporter.

That's an engineer from MIT in the above posted link. I'm not sure what his area of expertise is though.
Churl Beck
QUOTE (P.P.Lemonade)
That's an engineer from MIT in the above posted link.  I'm not sure what his area of expertise is though.

He "studied physics at MIT" and "did electrical engineering for about eight years" with "quite a bit of practical engineering experience." To start off he also cites the testimony of an anonymous "retired army core of engineers fellow" who thinks that the puffs of smoke are squibs.

Ultimately, you have to decide for yourself if you think he is credible. However, I will point out that there are engineers and scientists who have looked at the issue closely and who do not subscribe to any conspiracy theory. I cite a team of them below.

Now for my own two cents:

Once upon a time, I spent days reading the debates at abovetopsecret.com. Eventually they contacted a structural engineer to help settle some of the disputes. It was the expert's opinion that the building collapsed as expected. Undeterred, the conspiracy theorists selectively quoted his email in order to show that he had (in fact) proven them all right.

Also notice the use of meaningless innuendo. For instance: $600,000 spent investingating WTC vs. $40,000,000 spent to investigate Clinton. (So?) Or: did you know that Marvin Bush ran security at the WTC? (So?) Or: "Is it merely a coincidence that...Donald Rumsfeld was safe in his office on the opposite end of the [Pentagon]?" (Very suspicious indeed. sarcastic.gif) It takes a logical leap the size of Kansas to make anything out of these factoids, and the theorists seem to be all-too-willing to mislead the audience with them.

I also suggest watching the "extra footage" on the DVD. One of the filmmakers tells a woman that it takes "months of intense planning and science" to blow up a building, which presumably "a bunch of Muslims" could never do. Then see them gloating at (what should be) a sobering screening of their own movie.

P.S. Here is a report of a simulation of the Pentagon crash. http://news.uns.purdue.edu/UNS/html4ever/0...n.Pentagon.html Oops, I forgot: "Animations are imaginary. Not proof of anything."
P.P.Lemonade
I'd rather see the rest of that surveillance tape from whence the famous five frames of the Pentagon impact came from. Seems like that'd be easier and more believable than animations.
Churl Beck
QUOTE (P.P.Lemonade)
I'd rather see the rest of that surveillance tape from whence the famous five frames of the Pentagon impact came from.  Seems like that'd be easier and more believable than animations.

I own a book which gives the following advice: if you want to get revenge against someone with a flashy new car, simply put a note on the windshield the next time it is parked in a public lot. "Dear Sir, Sorry about your car. I will gladly pay to repair the damages." Invariably the owner will inspect the car and begin finding scratches, blemishes, and/or dents that were never noticed before.

Just as invariably, a die-hard conspiracy buff will find fault with whatever evidence is presented. We have considerably more than five frames of the WTC collapsing, and yet people still believe it was destroyed with a controlled demolition.

Another anecdote: I once saw a documentary about Area 51. The narrator marvelled that the government hadn't disallowed satellite photography of the region. He said this was proof that it was so top secret that even government documents aren't permitted to acknowledge its existence. rotfl.gif Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (P.P.Lemonade)
I'd rather see the rest of that surveillance tape from whence the famous five frames of the Pentagon impact came from. Seems like that'd be easier and more believable than animations.

Obviously, you never saw Wag the Dog.

It's not really question whether the incident was a sacrifice to produce profit - the question whether it was tolerated or raised is the point energy should be spend on.

After stopping the absurd changes concerning civil right summoned by 'the threat of terror'.
mintcar
Churl, you're absolutely right about the movie. But personaly I'm not someone who's walking around thinking everything is peachy, and suddenly having my eyes opened. I think the official explanation deserves the same amount of skepticism as this guy does. It's not like they don't all have motive to bend the truth. Just because you're smart enough to realize that cospiracy theorists find evil plots everywere because it has an intrinsic value to them, doesn't mean you're default possition should be to accept the party line like a nice little citizen (which I'm sure you don't, but I'm just explaining my possition here).
P.P.Lemonade
For instance: $600,000 spent investingating WTC vs. $40,000,000 spent to investigate Clinton. (So?)

You honestly don't find anything questionable about that? 6600% more was spent on an investigation of real estate scandals and fellatio in the oval office than the investigation of 9/11.
runefire32
In reply to blakie and Nezumi about the plane hitting the pentagon...

So now, not only did the plane make a impossible turn to hit the Pentagon, it now also droped suddently after clearing the lamposts somehow pulling the lamposts in the direction of the pentagon with its engine backwash...and then when it exploded...the entire plane was vaporized...but the bodies inside were still identifiable....Oh and it skipped off the ground beforehand...but left no skid mark...

Do you have any idea how absolutely rediculous that sounds?

I never said there was cordite there...I never said there were explosives planted in the pentagon. I just said it wasn't a 757 that hit that building.

Oh and for mr Churl.

Please look at the first photo of the simulation... here

First the engines apear to be touching the ground in the image yet again no long skidmarks, and it doesnt' apear to bother factoring that into the physics calculations. Secondly the simulation was run using a variety of assumptions on how that particular section of the pentagon is constructed. And thirdly the simulation does not apear to take into account the light posts before, the angle of drop the plane would have had to take to get there, the skill of a pilot needed to make such a maneuver, which none of the suspected hijakers were of. And ofcourse once again ignores the imposibility of a 757 maneuvering like a jet fighter.

Come on now...if you're willing to buy into a 757 crashing into the pentagon at the angle it did, after pulling maneuvers the plane can't pull...I have this other theory for you as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012