Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Come here sparky...metal grinds the ground
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mrobviousjosh
Okay, I know a lot about drones now but don't know how to add modifications, like vision enhancements, to them. It's not under customization rules in Rigger 3 (other than sensors) but how do I slap on extra things like cyberskates or flare compensation? Thanks guys.
Kanada Ten
Flare Compensation would work like partial sensor enhancments (10% of a full sensor upgrade, IIRC). But cyberskates?!?!?! I imagine that, as a GM, I would make you customize the vehicle (drones are vehicles) for a secondary drive and add wheels. You could use the mechanical arms or adding a crane customization rules as a base.
Backgammon
IIRC one of the books (either M&M or R3) provides a table explaining how much space 1 ECU is exactly. So from there, you can convert ECU to CF. Then you have no more problems. Just charge them the price of the cyber and deduct CF space.
mrobviousjosh
QUOTE (Backgammon)
IIRC one of the books (either M&M or R3) provides a table explaining how much space 1 ECU is exactly. So from there, you can convert ECU to CF. Then you have no more problems. Just charge them the price of the cyber and deduct CF space.

ECU? I must have overlooked that page somewhere (since my GM and I are new with drones I've been nice and played stock units with minor modifications).
Kagetenshi
You can add anything to a Mechanical Arm that you would to a Cyberarm, save for Strength or Quickness enhancements (Strength has its own upgrade path, Quickness is irrelevant). GM has final say on how much stuff, figure a mechanical arm on a Body 1 vehicle would probably get a minimum of the stuff a human would get from a cyberlimb.

Also, ECU is a cyberware term from Man and Machine.

~J
mrobviousjosh
Thanks guys. That's lead me in the right direction.
Trax
Cyberware is also half the price when used on a drone, since there is no loss of essence, or extensive surgery of meat on metal.
mrobviousjosh
Cool, I didn't know that!
Kagetenshi
Oh, your drones still lose Essence. They just don't care wink.gif

~J
tisoz
QUOTE (mrobviousjosh)
Okay, I know a lot about drones now but don't know how to add modifications, like vision enhancements, to them. It's not under customization rules in Rigger 3 (other than sensors) but how do I slap on extra things like cyberskates or flare compensation? Thanks guys.

Flare compensation, see what is included with the various sensor levels. It could be included in level 1 or 2 probably (SR#, p.135.) There is so much already there, it would be silly not to include flare compensation and have flares take out all the other expensive stuff.
Kagetenshi
Flare compensation is included in level 5, and there are no rules for flares actually damaging equipment, merely reducing its immediate function.

It is available as a partial sensor upgrade, of course.

~J
Backgammon
QUOTE (Trax)
Cyberware is also half the price when used on a drone, since there is no loss of essence, or extensive surgery of meat on metal.

Is that a rule? Or are you saying it's still full price, but you don't slap on surgery costs on top?
Kagetenshi
Rigger 3 page 152, Mechanical Arms.

~J
Trax
QUOTE (Backgammon)
QUOTE (Trax @ Apr 5 2006, 05:13 PM)

Is that a rule? Or are you saying it's still full price, but you don't slap on surgery costs on top?

I saw it in the book somewhere, and I know somebody mentioned it on these forums during the occasional 'How to build Power Armour' debates.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012