Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: quick question on damage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
AstroZombie
when my armor exceeds the DV and the damage is converted to stun do I still resist with body or does it switch with willpower?
Dv84good
stay with body.
Azralon
Agreed; it's Body.

Generally you resist with Willpower only in the case of certain direct-damage spells, as they're "mental" attacks.
Magus
Can you still use a willpower check to reduce the "heal" time for Stun?
NightHaunter
I believe its now a healing test, willpower + willpower.
However I don't have access to my book at work.

Soak is definitely body, already come up loads in game.
James McMurray
Body + willpower IIRC
Azralon
Extended recovery rolls are as follows.

Physical damage: Body + Body (per day)
Stun damage: Body + Willpower (per hour)

Note that there's a healing chart with situational modifiers on top of those basic rolls, such as essence lost and magical/technomantic activity.
AstroZombie
Isn't the body+body for healing over time?

What i'm looking for is resisting it initaily.
Azralon
Yes, soaking a physical attack (gunshots, punches, swords, indirect combat spells) is Body plus applicable armor.

Magus and others had gone to talking about healing checks, and I responded along those lines as well. I'll edit my previous post to stave off some confusion.
AstroZombie
ok thanks again guys for all the help.

mark that one newb just a little bit smarter.
Waltermandias
Extended cecovery rolls are as follows.

Note that there's a healing chart with situational modifiers on top of those basic rolls, such as essence lost and magical/technomantic activity.

I was under the impression that the modifiers were just to tests made for first aid and medicine rolls, but your interpretation makes sense too, but that sure makes healing over time nastier. o.0
Ravor
Aye, I have to agree with Waltermandias, the person in the example is a Mage and doen't seem to apply the -2 Mod.
NightHaunter
QUOTE (Azralon)
Extended cecovery rolls are as follows.

Thanx for the correction.
Azralon
Oh dear, looks like I still included a typo ("cecovery"). Fixed in the original.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012