Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Run nuyen payoffs?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Serbitar
I put some guidelines together in here: SGP (p. 14).
All the money is per capita. The idea is, that shadworunning is much more dangerous than stealing sports cars and should pay at least as good.

In my world, the average run pays about 15k.
BnF95
Well as per SR4 rules, the Eurocar Westwind 3K is worth 85,000 nuyen.gif but how many will there be on the streets compared to say ... Mercury Comets (at 14,000 nuyen.gif)?

If my PCs wanted to go steal cars, more power to them, of course, that's not exactly a shadow run. They might have to go to the upscale areas to do that, meaning more cops, more security, etc. etc.
Crusher Bob
The math for stealing Americars (or whatever) looksl ike this:

There are 4 runners in our all singing, all dancing, car theft ring.
Assume that each stolen car is worth 10K Y.
The characters are able to sell it for 40% value (due to having a long standing connection with the fence, or whatever, I mostly picked this number tomake the math easy).

This means that each stolen car nets each of the team members 1000 Y.

The Atlanta, GA crime statistics say that there were 5,756 motor vehicle thefts in 2004.

Assuming the same number of motor vehicle thefts in 207X and that the team contributes around 1% of this figure, then they would steal around 5 (some rounding here) cars every month, meaning that each team member would get 5K Y a month. For a team of 4 shadowrunners, stealing 5 'basic' cars every month is about as risky as a trip to the local 7-11.

So, any run which would pay out less than 1K Y per runner and carries any risk at all is not worth your time.

Next, we'll cover stealing a 'almost new' sports car:
Assume that the sports car is worth 80K, the team can sell it to the fence at only 25% (hey, sports car parts are harder to move than econo-box parts). This nets each team member 5K Y. For a team of 4 runners, stealing a sports car is still not that risky. So, a run that carries only minor risks (will not involved any shooting, but will involve the acutal commision of crimes) had better pay you at least 5K Y.

For most 'exciting runs' where you might have to commit capital crimes, the price had better go up, up, up.
Serbitar
Thanks Bob for the maths, thats exactly what I had in mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012