Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Invisibility and infilitration?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dv84good
Why was wondering if an invisible person can use infiltration to hide from astral perception? My reason for someone to do so is because people who astrally project can hide from watchers or people watching astrally.

Geekkake
QUOTE (Dv84good)
Why was wondering if an invisible person can use infiltration to hide from astral perception? My reason for someone to do so is because people who astrally project can hide from watchers or people watching astrally.

Quite the opposite; a sustained invisibility spell is extremely noticeable on the astral plane. I don't know if it's literally the "beacon/light of the Sun" some folks on the forum make it out to be, but I reckon magical activity certainly draws an astral eye or two. As it were.
Kanada Ten
Infultration can be used against astrally present beings. However invisbility does not hide auras, so it does not aid here.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Dv84good)
Why was wondering if an invisible person can use infiltration to hide from astral perception?

By the RAW, they can... even if not perceiving astrally.

Just, the fact that they are invisible physically doesn't mean a thing on the astral plan. wink.gif
Geekkake
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Infultration can be used against astrally present beings. However invisbility does not hide auras, so it does not aid here.

Does the much-vaunted astral obviousness convey any sort of modifiers you're aware of?
Kanada Ten
In SR3 [active spells] reduced the TN for astral patrols, but did not affect astral perception tests. Foci, spells, and being astrally present all reduced the patroller's TN, but it was unclear exactly what that meant other than the spirit being aware of an intrusion.

Astral perception already has the advantage of negating darkness... However, one could argue that the astral being could make a second perception test for each spell and spirit with the character.
Dv84good
Wait. Let we explain the situation. It was a heavy fog so the mage was using astral perception and there were two men in the fire escape hiding and invisible. So I am wondering if infilitration will hide them in the astral plane.
Kanada Ten
Yes.
Edward
Yes.

Arguably there should be a modifier to the perception (or assessing) test because the spell makes it more obvious.

Edward
Shrike30
You'd think it would lower the threshold from whatever 2 is described as ("normal" or something along those lines) to 1 (which is "obvious").
Rotbart van Dainig
It would give a +2 bonus at best... the modifier for objects that stand out.
Shrike30
Ah, right.. because this is Opposed.
Apathy
QUOTE (Dv84good)
Wait. Let we explain the situation. It was a heavy fog so the mage was using astral perception and there were two men in the fire escape hiding and invisible. So I am wondering if infilitration will hide them in the astral plane.

My SR4-fu is weak [shame frown.gif] but I remember in SR3 visibility modifiers other than darkness effected you equally on the astral plane as they did the physical plane. So smoke or fog would give you a modifier to astral perception as well.
Rotbart van Dainig
They affected you, but to a lesser extent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012