Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Sect of Madmen
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Shadow
Ok so you guys are breaking to gear up and then taking the helo to the LZ, right?
Mister Juan
It sure seems like that. We have limited intel and so, building up a BAUIP (big ass uber intense plan) won't do us much good.

The general consencus seems to be that a part of the team will go right now in the SSC to find a place to stay, gear, and try to make contact with the Cascade Orks (mainly for said gear, place to stay and fuel). Since we know the general location of the camp, we'll need to recon it precisely. In the meet time, my feeling is that Reynaldo, Cypher and Mirage will stay in Seattle, maybe try to dig up some more info.

Also, if Cypher could start working on those flight clearance we're going to need... that would be neat nyahnyah.gif
Raiko
In the meet time, my feeling is that Reynaldo, Cypher and Mirage will stay in Seattle, maybe try to dig up some more info.

Also, if Cypher could start working on those flight clearance we're going to need... that would be neat nyahnyah.gif

I'd be in favour of moving the helicopter down there as soon as the flight clearance is sorted, depending on Cipher's answer to Mirage's question.

Rokur
On route there, will stop at local hunting store that Hawk may shop at often, for the ration bars and a water purifying kit.

Gear list for trip (spoiled due to length):
[ Spoiler ]

Unfortunately I will be away for about 3 days starting tomorrow to a wedding in chicago, maybe less if i can post either tomorrow morning or sunday night. But if you want to move me along with you guys in my absence, that is fine.
Musashi Forever
Sparks needs a buttload of stuff before he can go on any camping trips. Better add a stop at a dwarf clothing store too.
Shadow
Can someone tell me whos going where? Some of you are going to Hawks home, others to town, anyone staying at the hangar?

I made it clear you can't easily drive to the Aid station right?
thewolf
Danny would be happy to assist anyone in scoping a place out, but he has to get some gear before leaving town for the mission. I can state that clearly IC, but I will wait to see what everyone else wants to do.
Shadow
I would rather you guys state it cleary OOC, so I know exactly whateveryone is doing. And again for the recoird, its a 10 hour drive through all backroads and all manner of danger to get there by vehicle.
Musashi Forever
Crap. I thought we were flying there.

Me = Confused

Sparks wants to go to the aid Station in case they can use some magic/astral support scouting it out. He would like to head back home first to gether some stuff, but he will settle for purchaseing new stuff to save time.
Shadow
I thought you were flying there too, that is why I am asking.
Raiko
Mirage is flying there too. She's waiting at (guarding) the hanger until we fly.
thewolf
I think Danny and Reynaldo and whoever else wants to go should recon the aid station using the helicopter, and everyone else stay put to secure the hangar. Once it all looks ok, we move down there and make contact with the Cascade Orks for supplies and intelligence. Sound good?
Raiko
Mirage would definitely want to join a recon mission.

Rokur
Well I'm back... doesn't look like I missed much. I was going to drive since Danny said he had wanted to drive... But if we change plans I don't mind.... just call Hawk IC and he'll grunt a bit and turn around.

As for driving there, I'm sure Hawk is up for the challenge, even though he's on a Blitzen, he has survived many many a night in the woods being with himself and tht bike. Does help that he can probably carry the bike over his shoulder over rivers and such.... but yes, he's willing to drive if anyone else is willing.

As far as I though, Cypher just said it was backroads, which I assumed just meant dirt roads, and for Hawk, that's no problem....

Then again, It would be kinda funny to have Hawk trying to squeeze into a helicopter without banging his head too often... heh.... so I don't mind flying. But if we're gonna fly there. Let's just fly there once. No point in wasting fuel on a recon trip. It seems Danny, Hawk, and Mirage are all stealthy. Sparks can do early astral recon, and well Cypher and Reynaldo can just stay on the chopper.
thewolf
I'm ok with making one trip as well.
Mister Juan
One trip it is, I guess.
thewolf
OOC I don't know much about the SSC Visa process, or how hard it is to get across illegally. Danny would have a UK SIN and could legally apply, I suppose, but I'm not sure how wise it would be to do that. Are we planning on crossing illegally?
Musashi Forever
Flying across with hacked clearance is probably the best/easiest way to go.
Raiko
QUOTE (Musashi Forever)

Flying across with hacked clearance is probably the best/easiest way to go.

Definitely, Mirage has no intension of making a "legal" border crossing at the moment (she has background reasons for not wanting to).
Raiko
Mister Juan: If Mirage doesn't spot anybody outside, I think we should get rollin'

Shadow: Mirage goes outside the hanger as soon as she gets an answer about the radios

Perception rolls if needed:

[ Spoiler ]

Shadow
Okay so what I understand is that as soon as everyone gets the gear they need, you are all rolling in the helo to the LZ?

Correct?
Raiko
Rokur said that Hawk was getting rations and stuff while he was travelling back and forth.

So maybe we're ready to go now, if the coasts clear? smile.gif

To tell you the truth I lost track myself, but as long as Mirage doesn't ruin her best boots, she's happy. biggrin.gif
Rokur
looks like it... we may not all gett off heli at first tho.... damn shoulda brought my glider hahahaha
Shadow
Ok I think what I am going to do (if no one minds) is fast forward a few hours. We will assume everyone gets what they need to get. If everyone could make a list OOC of what they wanted to get and post it that would be great.

As soon as I have the list I can FF>
Raiko
I'd think we should stay once we get there, provided there's no nasty surprises.

As Cypher's happy that he'll have a matrix connection on-site, he'll be able to route Hawk's phone calls to contact the Cascades.
Raiko
QUOTE (Shadow)

Ok I think what I am going to do (if no one minds) is fast forward a few hours. We will assume everyone gets what they need to get. If everyone could make a list OOC of what they wanted to get and post it that would be great.

I nearly asked if you could do that yesterday, but I didn't want to be cheeky. biggrin.gif
Shadow
You cheeky bastard.
Rokur
QUOTE (Raiko)
I'd think we should stay once we get there, provided there's no nasty surprises.

As Cypher's happy that he'll have a matrix connection on-site, he'll be able to route Hawk's phone calls to contact the Cascades.

actually hawk has his own portable satellite dish with broadcast encryption....
Raiko
That's it, if she survives this mission Mirage is going shopping.

Out teched by a Troll Woodsman....... cool.gif
Rokur
QUOTE (Raiko)
That's it, if she survives this mission Mirage is going shopping.

Out teched by a Troll Woodsman....... cool.gif

haha... well remember he was a military trained sniper... he's used to backpacking for days out there waiting for his targets to appear or whatever on limited intel..... it's his specialty....
thewolf
Well we should probably decide whether we're using BattleTac or just transceivers. I vote transceivers, simply because I already have one.
thewolf
Cold weather gear, anyone?
Mister Juan
First of all, sorry for my unannounced absence for these past few days. Life has been rather hectic wink.gif

All in all, I've caught up on everything now.

So, we're ALL flying down to that abandonned helicopter station down in the SSC. The main concern we should have are:
-fuel
-food
-comfort

We have no idea how the place will be, and so, we should probably get ready for some sort of camping trip wink.gif I would actually be in favor of Hawk going off alone to try to contact the Cascade Orks. These guys are expert smugglers. If we need ANYTHING, they'll get it to us and their really damn close to where we'll be setting up camp.

Since we're all flying down there, fuel is also going to be one big issue, because the helicopter will be our only mean of transportation.

With the droptanks on, the helo has capacity of 3250L for a range of 650km (1250L for 250km without). This means that we have enough fuel to get to the station, but pretty much not to make any other sort of trip before we refuel. Once we decide what gear we are bringing aboard, we can probably fill up the rest of the space with drums of fuel wink.gif Won't be a comfortable flight but....

As for what gear Reynaldo currently has that can befinit the team:
1x Micro Transeceiver (rating 6)
1x Broadcast Encryption System (rating 6)
1x Broadcast Decryption System (rating 4)
1x Scanner (rating 6)
1x Nav-Dat GPS (with about 15 mapsoft)
100 meters of good rope (good for rappelling or lifting things)
Enough ration bars to feed 5 people for 10 days
1x Survival Kit
100 square meters of camoflage netting (so, enough to cover the helo)
1x Tent
1x Canteen and Mess Kit
1x Sleeping Bag
5x Standard Parachutes (hihihi)
1x Vehicle Kit
1x Medkit (rating 6, with 5 medkit supplies)
1x Biomonitor.

So, what we might need:
-More camping gear (tents, kits, cold weather sleeping bags, and enough warm clothes to last a whole life wink.gif)
-Nightvision gear (althougt Reynaldo already has goggles with thermo and lowlight)
-More food
-Rapelling harnesses for drop offs?
-Fuel, fuel and more fuel!
Rokur
As stated before... I have no qualms of going down on my own.

I had a list of gear earlier... but I think it was spoiled... and for ease of reference we'll put it next to the other ones....

Worn on ride down:
Ares Monosword worn on back, Ingram Smartgun Mod. 20t inside a shoulder strap holster inside of his jacket, 3 spare clips for the smartgun loaded with Regular ammo, Form fitting body armor full suit with Thermal Dampening Rating 4, Camo full suit's pants, and a leather biker jacket as a top.

Carried in one large waterproof hiking backpack, and an extra Duffel bag for his rifle, toolkit, and Rifle mags all neatly bundled in their seperate briefcase, kitbox, or box.
Gear list in bags:
Ranger Arms SM-3, , 150 regular rounds, 50 EX EX rounds and 14 AV rounds
Camo Full suit (woods)
Wrist Phone w/Flip-Up Screen
Micro-Transceiver
Receiver Component
Satellite Dish - Std. Portable
Vidlink Transmitter
Personal Comm Unit Rating [4]
Broadcast Encryption [6]
Broadcast Decryption [6]
ECCM +5 [6]
Dataline Scanner Lv [6]
White Noise Generator Lv [6]
Survival Kit
Tent
Canteen and Mess Kit
Sleeping Bag
Self Inflating Tent
Gunsmith Kit (Sniper)
ActiveSoft Gen. [5] Demolitions
ActiveSoft Gen. [5] Rifle B/R
ActiveSoft Gen. [5] Biotech
ActiveSoft Gen. [5] Bike B/R
ActiveSoft Gen. [5] Small Unit Tactics
DataSoft Gen.[5] Chemistry
DataSoft Gen.[5] Biology
LinguaSoft Gen. [2] Chinese
LinguaSoft Gen. [2] Japanese
LinguaSoft Gen. [2] Spanish
ActiveSoft Gen. [5] LTA Aircraft
ActiveSoft Gen. [5] Car

Also mentioned in OOC that Hawk wanted to buy 250 Ration bars and a water purifying kit.

He did pack 2 tents, just in case people needed it.... but Hawk usually takes up at least one for himself, being a Troll.

About the dropoffs... we couldn't pull a touch off landing? (i.e. heli goes down to about 1-2 meters off ground and we all jump off?) I dunno if you were very excited about having us rapell down in a hot LZ....
Mister Juan
Touch off landings are very doable... but you need a clear and pretty large area do to them. Since the place is probably going to be surrounded by heavy woods, rappelling would probably be a hell of a lot more appropriate.

We might not need to drop anyone that way, but just in case, we'd better be prepared.
Rokur
I thought the plan was to foot a lot of the way over. I was thinking that we could put Rey and Cypher on reserve until the on foot team could get relatively close and do some recon of how to get in and out....

then we'll save some time for our mage to conjure up some help (not sure if Sparks is a mage or a shaman, so if you gotta do the elemental thing, might as well do it there), do a search, and have Reynaldo fly over and bring Cypher on the heli....

if necessary, I do have a portable Satellite and so does Cypher it seems, so we can always have Danny, plug my satellite into their matrix network (if they have one) on some rooftop or somewhere, and have Cypher hack from a satellite (if that's mechanically possible.) Then we do the hit, and have Reynaldo pulling off some awesome stunt of 4 of us tying onto a rope ladder and him flying us away!

edit: We also could use parachutes?
thewolf
I'm up for a HALO jump...heh.

I assumed making our way to the target on foot for stealth purposes, although jumping in might work as well. Rappelling down into a hot LZ does not sound enticing.
Raiko
I was planning om hiking, parachuting's out for Mirage I'm afraid.

She'll need some hiking/cold weather gear, but wants stuff that will fit under her "stealth coat" smile.gif
Rokur
should we just say Hawk also picked up some rope and some rappelling harnesses while at the sporting goods store?

edit: and people still need sleeping bags/tents/other stuff? I assumed your warm weather clothing would be covered by most lifestyles... i mean, seriously a sweatshirt is what... 20 nuyen?
thewolf
Since he knows he will be spending some time in the woods, Danny will pick up the following:

-Ration bars for 30 days (90 nuyen.gif)
-Tent (275 nuyen.gif)
-Survival Kit (100 nuyen.gif)

He has the tactical gear bag and climbing equipment bag in his car outside. After picking that stuff up, he is ready to go.
Shadow
Ok, so the plans sounds like for everyoen (except Hawk) will use the Helo to get to the abandoned Aid Station. Hawk will cross the border on his bike, find the cascade orks and make contact (Why?). Then he will meet up with the team at the LZ.

I have everyones list, you have till tomorrow morning at 8am (ADT, GMT -9) to make changes or post, after that I am moving us forward.
Rokur
QUOTE (Shadow)
Hawk will cross the border on his bike, find the cascade orks and make contact (Why?).

I think mostly Reynaldo is worried about fuel for his helo... and we need a contact to get it from...
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Rokur)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Jun 12 2006, 10:54 PM)
Hawk will cross the border on his bike, find the cascade orks and make contact (Why?).

I think mostly Reynaldo is worried about fuel for his helo... and we need a contact to get it from...

Yes, that was one of the main reasons. Reynaldo also wants to make sure they'll have someone who can provide gear on site if the need arises.
Raiko
Definitely fuel. AFAIK we're planning on using the helo to scout the area, and locate the Sect compound, as well as for the evac.

So we'll need another 'full tank' of fuel to be on the safe side.

And maybe the Cascades already know where the compund is.
thewolf
Well, your average troll weighs 225 kg (~500 lbs), which is equivalent in weight to around 281 liters (75 gallons) of fuel.
Mister Juan
Thing is, on a full tank (and I'm counting the added drop tanks) we can get to the aid station but thats about it wink.gif

So more fuel is definitly someting we'll need.
Shadow
Rokur, does Hawk have Salish citizenship? Can I get an ettiquette roll from you, add the number of dice equal to twice your contact rating with Clemens.

Mr Juan, give me some Piloting rolls, and some ECM rolls. Everyone on the bird is welcome to roll Perception.
Rokur
Hawk is a citizen of Salish. He was part of their military after all... I wanted him to have a dual citizenship in Seattle since he does rent an apartment there....

Etiquette (1) + Contact modifier (4) = 5 dice
Raiko
Mirage Perception:

[ Spoiler ]
thewolf
Danny Perception
CODE
Intelligence 4
11, 10, 3, 1

If it is visual, Danny has vision mag and low light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012