Pages: 1, 2, 3
Shadow
Again the people who are in are:

Street Sam: Mirage (Raiko)
Combat Spec: Hawk (Rokur)
Infiltrator: Danny (theWolf)
Mage: Sparks (Mushashi Forever)
Rigger: CrazyR (Mr. Juan)

Some basic rules. No Sigs in the IC please. You have all worked together at some point in the past, or you have all heard of eachother. So keep that in mind when dealing with eachother in game. I like things to move along quickly an not get stalled out so please don't spend 6 months planning a 2 week OP.

If you want to use colors to denote radio comm versus speaking, yellow is it. Please no other funky colors. I will post an opening intro in the IC, after which you may all post.

Please don't forget my general rules.
Mister Juan
@Shadow
Beside the fact that I still need to hash out some details (probably with you), I should be all set tomorrow.

On another note, do you want us to use timestamps or not?
Shadow
I am not concerned about a timestamp.
Musashi Forever
Ok Shadow, I'm back and ready to roll.
Mister Juan
Just a little question so I don't put my foot in my own mouth with a post... Issaquah... is it within the boundaries of what is now Seattle, or is it SSC territory?
thewolf
Issaquah WA is past Renton and Bellevue to the East. Dunno whether it is in SSC territory or not.

Also, what kind of place is 15 Troll Bar? Should I assume it's a regular meet spot or something out of the ordinary, etc.
Shadow
Issaquah is a border town about an hour outside of Seattle. It is as far east as you can go and still be in sea-town. If you have heard of it, you have, if not you haven't been there.

You can make the appropriate check to see if your character has heard of it. But it is not really relevant.
Raiko
Sorry I haven't posted yet, I'm currently sorting out my car problems. frown.gif

I'll have time to make a proper post in a few hours. Shadow please continue without me if you're online before I post.

My first post for Mirage will catch up.
Shadow
Roger that.
Raiko
Here is a quick description of Mirage.
I'd prefer for her to have not met any of the other characters before, as I prefer to build relationships within the game, but she has Good Rep(2) so she is possibly known to some of the others.
She's a good team player, and very professional (IMO nyahnyah.gif), so this shouldn't cause problems.
............................................................................................

Mirage is human and from Marseilles in France. She speaks fluent English with a French accent.

She is 28 years old, 5'3" tall, has a gymnasts build, and is very good looking (good looking & knows it edge). She has lightly tanned skin, black hair cut in a bob and brown eyes.

She has very little noticeable cyberware, her two small datajacks behind her left ear are normally hidden by her hair, she has an induction pad in her right palm, and her natural looking eyes are actually cosmetically modified cybereyes.

She always dresses in smart casual clothes from top Parisian fashion-houses. She normally wears a top, plus trousers and low heeled boots, she rarely wears skirts or dresses, except when the occasion demands it. She also almost always wears a light grey ankle length, hooded, "cloak like" long coat, also from Paris.

............................................................................................
Note: The 15 Troll Bar, definitely isn't her kind of place. biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
Anyone who has ever needed a helicopter pilot, or a smuggler, might have met Reynaldo Ramon Ramirez in the past. He's been operating out of Seattle for about 7 years now, and has become rather skilled at hopping the borders around the plexe.

As for a physical description:
Reynaldo is, first and foremost, a dwarf. Standing about 1,2 meters tall, broad shoulder and thick arms on even thicker legs, he is a bit overweight. Like most of his fellow dwarves, Reynaldo proudly wears a very thick brown beard and mustache. He wear his brown hair short, almost military like... but it's more so he can fit his head under his pilot helmet. The rest of his features are typically mexican; tanned skin, dark brown eyes, round face, etc...

Reynaldo almost always wears his signature cowboy hat, which he only takes off while piloting his helicopter. He is also rarely without his big fragging aviator glasses and a half smoked unlit cigar which he chews on endlessly. He'll usually wear a leather jacket (probably synth by the look of it) and regular working blue jeans.

He's fluent in both Spanish and English, and can also get by in Aztec and Salish. For some reason, he still has a mexican accent when he speaks.
Musashi Forever
Sparks is a 23 year old dwarf who has never left the 'plex in his life. He's 4'5" and slim with black hair and shockingly bright blue eyes. He is clean shaven and while it is difficult to nail down his ethnic background, he definitly has some "Asian" to his eyes.
thewolf
Danny is a 26 year old human male, short brown hair cropped closely and a neatly trimmed full beard. Most people would note his typically English appearance and "mountain man" type handsomeness, though he always dresses well. UK football (soccer) fans might recognize him as a former player for Chelsea a few years back. His accent is still very apparent. He is 6'0" (183 cm), 200 lbs (90 kg), so pretty well built and very athletic.

In the shadows, he is an infiltrator, so anyone breaking into places or stealing things might have met him on a job or two. He normally works on a team put together in a manner like what is occurring here.

Note: The 15 Troll Bar is definitely not his type of place, either.
Mister Juan
We've got a rather ecclectic team: 1 human french woman, 1 human englishmen, 1 dwarf mexican, 1 dwarf part chinese and 1 troll woodsman wink.gif

I love it!
Musashi Forever
Are we going with Danny, Reynaldo, the troll (sorry forgot the name), and Sparks having worked together before? I'm cool with that. Does anyone other than Mirage want to be left out of the initial group?
thewolf
Musashi Forever
I'm fine with having worked with anyone else in the past, similar to what I've ad-libbed with Reynaldo.

Shadow
Respectfully requesting contents of the room, first the obvious physical threats, then any nice looking "chicas"...heh. Perception test, I'm presuming?
Rokur
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
We've got a rather ecclectic team: 1 human french woman, 1 human englishmen, 1 dwarf mexican, 1 dwarf part chinese and 1 troll woodsman wink.gif

I love it!

Salish damnit! was that real hard to figure out!? SALISH! grrr...... Hawk MAD! Hawk SMASH! hehehe.... but yes, he is definitely a woodsman....
Raiko
Shadow, that Peakware is a great site. smile.gif
Raiko
embarrassed.gif Sorry for the misunderstanding, everybody just ignore the crazy french girl rotfl.gif
thewolf
Say, isn't Cypher the name of the character in the Matrix movie who betrays the whole team? wink.gif

Keeping an eye on him...
Mister Juan
I say we shoot the sob RIGHT NOW. He's the only one none of our PCs know wink.gif
Mister Juan
Damn you Shadow wink.gif That mountain is barely within operational range of the helo. Using lat. and long., it's about 710km from the airfield/Seattle. Curses on you! nyahnyah.gif

Looks like we're going to have to get in touch with the Cascade Orks.

And my calculations might be off.... be we're going to be rather close to the Tir's border.
Shadow
I told you that you wouldn't really get to use it.

@ the wolf, sorry bro, I missed your ooc post about looking around the room.

MT. Adams is pretty close to the NAN side of the Tir/NAN border.
Mister Juan
Well, with the drop tanks, the thing has a max range of 750. So, we'll just need to stop for fuel at one spot along the route wink.gif.

Because quite frankly, I don't even know if we can drive to that remote place nyahnyah.gif

As for how close it is... it's rougly 150kms... I think.
Rokur
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
Because quite frankly, I don't even know if we can drive to that remote place nyahnyah.gif

I sure hope your wrong.... insertion through a nightgliderw ould be fine for me... but if I have to get in solo, and glide out solo... that would suck.
Raiko
Shadow I think you might have missed my post asking about the time-frame / security.

Shadow
Well finding out if you could drive there would be part of the deckers job smile.gif
Shadow
QUOTE (Cypher)
"You mean you guys have never heard of Cypher? I cracked the Renraku Ghost code in 1.7 minutes."

2 karma points to anyone who can point out either of the two movies that quote references.

4 Karma if you can point out both.

6 karma if you can give me the correct quote that I ripped off from both movies.
thewolf
Mission Impossible is one of them I think. They talk about one of Luther's exploits, and how there was never any evidence linking him to that beautiful piece of work or something like that.
Raiko
Yeah, you beat me to it:

QUOTE (Mission Impossible)

ETHAN
                This doesn't sound like the Luther
                Stickell I've heard of.  What'd they used
                to call you?  The Net Ranger?  Phineas
                Phreak?  The only man alive who actually
                hacked NATO Ghostcom.

LUTHER
                There was never any physical evidence
                that I had anything to do with that..
                that..
                    (correcting himself)
                With that exceptional piece of work.
Shadow
2 points for Wolf and Raiko, anyone else ge the other reference?
Rokur
all that's coming to my head is star wars. Han solo saying "You never heard of the millenium falcon? it made the kestrel run in under twelve parsecs" but that's about all i can think of... hmmm
Shadow
2 points for Rokur!

OK the game is closed smile.gif

Thank you for playing.
Rokur
wahoo!!!! 2 karma!!! <Will frame and keep!
Rokur
maybe i missed this... but do we or do we not know cypher? as in worked with him before....
Shadow
No you don't know him, he just likes to think everyone has heard of him.
Rokur
so... do we kinda just have the hacker go to work or what?
Shadow
Its your guys call how you want to play it. You can have Cypher dig up intel, you can work your contacts, or you can play it by ear and start heading for the border.
Shadow
Can I get perception checks from everyone?
Mister Juan
Perception
05 04 03 03 02 01
Raiko
Perception rolls for Mirage, note the spoiler tag is only because she has lots of perception stuff I'm not being secretive, so feel free to look. smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]

@Shadow: I've been waiting for theWolf to post before stating that Mirage enters the hanger, I've checked every hour or two, but I'm going to bed soon. She'll enter the hanger as soon as everybody else is in. So can assume she is either inside or outside for the perception checks (which ever works best for you).
Rokur
Perception:
thewolf
Perception test for Danny
CODE
7, 5, 2, 1
thewolf
Sorry for the delay mates, long day at work and I went home and crashed. I will be on a plane for part of today (Thur 25 May) but I hope to be connected again by this evening.
Shadow
Mushashi you out there bud?
thewolf
Bumping the thread. Everyone still alive out there?
Shadow
Well the weekends are usually pretty slow. I will see if I can bump the IC thread.
Rokur
I'm here.... but I posted last... dunno if we're at the "breakoff" point and do stuff.... or what
Raiko
I'm still here, but I wasn't sure what to post next.
Shadow
I just posted. I'm sorry I didn't realize you guys were looking for a direction, so this should move things a long a bit.

On a side not, Mushashi, could you please post today. If not were going to have to move along without you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012