Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contact Ideas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kanada Ten
Asylum Resident

Strapped into a life of padded luxury, the mad are machine fed, washed, and cared for. Sterile simsense and structured exercise make up the everyday of residents at institutes everywhere. Shuffled from place to place by rich parents or a doctor with promises, the resident's worth lies in his insanity veiled genius.

"A comm call? That's communication with the outside world! Doctor's discretion. Hey, if alla these nuts could just make calls, it could spread. Insanity oozing through the airwaves, oozing into the ears of all those poor sane people, infecting them! Whackos everywhere! A plague of madness."
hyzmarca
The Horror Novelist

Orginally, he was a hack mystery writer who never got published outside of crappy stright-to-chip simscripts. However, after a recent awakening of his latent magical abilities and a jant to the metaplanes he has written his magnum opus. It is a wonderful 7-part tale of magic and mystery spanning over 5000 pages. The series centers around several inhuman protagnists from the Darkness Beyond the Metaplanes who become unwilling hereos when they are stranged in this world by the evil Laughing Magician and his allies who destroyed the bridge to their home.

The series has been compared favorably to the works of Steven King, J.K. Rowling, Neil Gaiman, and Sutter Kane. The rich, imaginitive mythology and compelling, empathetic characters have kept millions of readers enthrawled and brought the beauty of the written word to a new generation. Nebis, the central protaganist, has been described as "Harry Potter, Batman, and Morpheus (The Sandman) thrown into a blender with an ugly but lovable baboon."

Nebis and the Eternal Jewel has sold a world record 1.72 billion copies since it was first published a few short years ago and millions of readers stood in line for days to purchase the latest instalment on its release day.

I really don't oppose Nebis/Draco Malfoy slash but The Secrets of Nebis is a family friendly series and fanfiction does violate my copyrights and my publisher's. I have to stand by my publisher when they ask for sexually explicit fan works to be removed.
Kanada Ten
The Prodigal

A master of the arcane - in training, the prodigal is a dangerous friend to have. Sure, wild parties mingling woodland sprites and fire spirits sound like fun; until somebody burns the house down that is. More willing to discuss magical theory with mundanes than typical masters of mystery, she's also more likely to send one chasing the venomous red herring across the seven seas of metaphysics.

"Well, we've almost cracked the spell on this mirror. I think a few more clippings from the blood kites should do it, and while we're there we should pick up a couple vampire newts. They hide in volcano caves and usually feed off embracers and troglodytes, according to this book, anyway. Baxter's Third Edition doesn't even list them, of course, but Freakz Guide to Blood Suckers has them - only lairing in the vents and feeding off Scale Skinned Goats."

"We're not lost. Not totally, anyway. Just, let me think, here. Hm, yes. I think we just took a wrong turn at that last constellation."

"Nebis? Nebis... Now where have I heard that name before?"
stevebugge
City Engineer

Highly educated the city engineer has foresaken the corporate world to work in the public sector. City engineers have a variety of specializations ranging from transit systems to waste management to facilities maintenance. In addition to being very good at the technical part of their jobs they are proficient in navigating city bureaucracies, negotiating budgets, and stretching the NuYen they do get up to and including going to the Shadows to make that NuYen stretch the extra mile.

"You need covert access to the Arc? No Problem use the utilities tunnel access on 2nd & Marion and head south, past the drainage shaft and the Incubus lair to this old steam tunnel, oh and while your down there check the breakers on junction box 9746, reset it if you can I think the Devil Rats chewed through it again
Calvin Hobbes
Free Clinic Supervisor

Need to have somebody take a quick look at that infection you've picked up? The free clinic supervisor's been working discreetly for a Megacorp for years, identifying people who can be "disappeared" for various research products. The money they're paid under the table's been gnawing at their conscience, though, and maybe they'd like somebody to find out who's responsible and what's been going on. Besides this, they can take care of any number of minor health problems on the QT.
Kanada Ten
Prison Boss

Even behind bars, the prison boss commands a bit of respect, having worked his way to the near top using a mix of balls and brains with a side helping of brawn. Running the who and what of prison rackets and bridging the gap between guards and inmates, he turned his life sentence into an opportunity. The prison boss usually has more power and prestige in the joint than he ever knew outside, and he'll kill to keep things as they are.

"If you get those drugs to me, then I'll make sure my boys on the outside get those weapons to you."

"Look, it's not like I'm going to turn you in, man: You already know where I live."

Gladiator Poet

The Master of Ceremony, and defacto referee to the spectacle of blood sport, the gladiator poet chronicals the action of street fights with the weapons of wit and verse. Weaving words while the contestants battle on, her skills were first sharpened on the SLAM® Circut. Sometimes, two poets will each represent a fighter and try to out-word the other, both building from the previous verse. Styles range from pseudo Shakespearian to neo Masonism, and can include faux magical cants or trid jingles. But with the growth of knowsofts and the increasing numbers of humans in the once exclusively ork profession, the challenge is to sound unique and still entertain. A good promoter poet will work with her fighter to create moves and names that flow with the meter.
Toptomcat

Gladiator Poet
The Master of Ceremony, and defacto referee to the spectacle of blood sport, the gladiator poet chronicals the action of street fights with the weapons of wit and verse. Weaving words while the contestants battle on, her skills were first sharpened on the SLAM® Circut. Sometimes, two poets will each represent a fighter and try to out-word the other, both building from the previous verse. Styles range from pseudo Shakespearian to neo Masonism, and can include faux magical cants or trid jingles. But with the growth of knowsofts and the increasing numbers of humans in the once exclusively ork profession, the challenge is to sound unique and still entertain. A good promoter poet will work with hes fighter to create moves and names that work with her flow.

Did you get this from somewhere? The concept is pretty bizzare.
Kanada Ten
The Romans, Slam poetry battles, MTVs Joke Off, anime, "MC" and Orxplotation.
hyzmarca
The Master of Secrets

The Master knows many things about many people. While lesser beings would result to blackmail or simply sell information to the highest bidders the Master understands the virtue of patience. He never accepts money in exchange for information and he never excepts money to stay quiet. Instead, he watches and waits. He has feelers everywhere and is happy to drop data whereever it may be needed. Desipte his apparent generocity he always profits from his knowledge and a word from him is never truely free.
boskop-albatros
Juicer Samurai

Instead of getting all those inplants (Cyber Or Bio) The Juicer Sam uses something else-HARDCORE PHARMACUTICALS!!!!!

Speed, HGH, Adrenacrome; IT'S ALL GOOD to him/her. And they will usually be able to hang with Any cybered or bioed Sammy--unless the Dope runs out

Quotes

"WAIT---I need my pump to kick in first"

"grab me....I'm comming down....gonna pass...ou.....t" (thud!!)
Toptomcat
I love it- chiefly because it gibes so perfectly with the setting, but the Shadowrun addiction rules are too lethal ever to use with a player character.
Geekkake
The South American Druglord Clone

Present in every action trid for a hundred years, and always killed at the end, the South American Druglord Clone pops up a year later, without fail, claiming a different name and Central or South American country of origin. Nevertheless, he always looks and dresses identically: a fat, greasy South American with a scumstasche, slicked back hair, a white suit and panama hat, with a vague, unidentifiable accent. He's great for hits, but will never actually kill the person you want dead. Instead, he invariably kills their partner/parents/brother, sending the intended victim on a campaign for justice. Excels at getting someone off your back, as they go after Raul/Pablo/Hector instead of you.

"Mendoza? Nah, I am Miguel. But I get that all the time."
SL James
Let me guess. You watched Clear and Present Danger and Get Shorty back-to-back.
Kanada Ten
I think it was a GitS:SAC episode.
Kanada Ten
Rooftop Gardener

Usually found perfecting horticulture from the heights in the sunny and urban regions of world, the rooftop gardener uses a network of drones and domes in her quest for greener skylines. Offering an appealing air filter, tax break, and office park, she sells the service to mid-level executives looking to score PR points - though sometimes she's just a front for the massives like Aztech Abodes Abroad. Whether freelance or corporate backed, she sports an impressive array of degrees in agriculture, geomancy, entomology, and even talismongering. She's not afraid to pepper her spaces with security flora and fauna, either, such as the stealthy Saeder-Krupp Devil Snake or Aztechnology's Venus Meta Trap.

"You're standing in my nightshade."

"I have no idea where you can find a black lotus this late in the season; do I look like a florist? Don't answer that!"
emo samurai
Blue-Collar Warlock

Often seen walking around in his beige trenchcoat smoking a Silk Cut cigarette, the Blue-Collar Warlock seems to know everybody and everything even while all those people and things die off constantly just by being associated with him. No matter what amount of trouble he gets himself into, he always has a way out. Usually this takes the form of a deal of some sort. Used to have lung cancer, but it's now mysteriously gone.

"I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trench coat and cigarette and arrognace, ready to deal with the madness.

"I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it."
bibliophile20
I have a street doc contact (who starts out as a Mr. Johnson) that I would like to share/get some feedback on:

Thomas Fechin
Healer Shaman, follows Great Mother Mentor Spirit. Spokesman of initiatory group dedicated to the healing arts, 16 members. Reasonably honorable, but practical.

B 2
A 2
R 3
S 2
C 5
I 3
L 3
W 5
M 8
EDG 3
ESS 6
Init 6

Skills:
Sorcery Skill Group 5
Conjuring Skill Group 5
Assensing 5
Perception 3
Negotiation 4
Biotech Skill Group 4
Etiquette 2 (Medical +2)

English N
Spanish 3
Japanese 3

Magical Theory 3
Medicine 3

Initiate Level 2
Metamagic:
Shielding

Spells:
Antidote, Cure Disease, Detox, Heal, Hibernate, Oxygenate, Prophylaxis, Resist Pain, Stabilize, Levitate, Diagnose, Alleviate Addiction, Alleviate Allergy, Crank, Fast, Nutrition, Stim, Translate, Knockout.

Group runs a street clinic, doesn't ask many questions.

Initiatory Group:
Off-shoot of Bear Doctor Society (for non-Bear shamans who follow the healing arts); all mentor spirits welcome, as long as the magician is devoted to healing.

Members: 16
Strictures: Belief (the spirit of the Hippocratic Oath), Dues, Fraternity, Geas (no casting lethal spells)
Resources/Dues: Middle Resources. Members pay 350 nuyen.gif per month. Group maintains a Force 8 magical lodge (shamanic) in the clinic's basement.
ornot
Well... he needs a magic rating...
bibliophile20
QUOTE (ornot)
Well... he needs a magic rating...

Oops. I guess I missed that when I was switching over from the horizontal to the vertical format.

He has a magic of 8, and an initiate level of 2.
ornot
I figured that was probably the case, but thought you'd like to know. smile.gif
bibliophile20
well, it would have been fine anyway, because it is there on the file on my computer--I just apparently forgot to type it over.

So, aside from my typo, whaddaya think? Decent street doc contact? Or a trifle over-powered?
ornot
Whether he's overpowered depends on how high his loyalty rating is. His connection would be at least 4 or 5, although that's more to reflect his personal power and the potent magic workers he can call on, rather than his ability to manipulate the streets or find gear.

If someone took him at loyalty 6 I'd be afraid as then they could call on his potent magical powers with ease and do stuff like have him routinely summon up spirits and transfer control to the PCs or something.

Making him a little less powerful (particularly dropping his magic from his max of 8 to 6 or so) might be a good idea. A lot depends on his personality, and how one interprets 'practical'. It might be interesting to see how whether he has a mission to convert more people to non-violence.
bibliophile20
QUOTE (ornot)
Whether he's overpowered depends on how high his loyalty rating is. His connection would be at least 4 or 5, although that's more to reflect his personal power and the potent magic workers he can call on, rather than his ability to manipulate the streets or find gear.

If someone took him at loyalty 6 I'd be afraid as then they could call on his potent magical powers with ease and do stuff like have him routinely summon up spirits and transfer control to the PCs or something.

Making him a little less powerful (particularly dropping his magic from his max of 8 to 6 or so) might be a good idea. A lot depends on his personality, and how one interprets 'practical'. It might be interesting to see how whether he has a mission to convert more people to non-violence.

In terms of personality, I'm treating him as a pacifist who is dedicated to keeping people alive at the end of the day.

What I'll probably do is drop his conjuring group down to 2 or so, so he'll be more of a spell slinger than a conjurer (I also think that the only type of spirit that he'd conjure are Earth spirits to assist with healing)

Additionally, if you'll look, the only offensive spell that he has is knockout, and that's because its safer and a hell of a lot more cheaper than using sedatives.

Also, there's one other point--I'm not letting people purchase him as a contact--the only way to get him as a contact would be when he hires the runners to retrieve some foci from the Lone Star morgue's lockup--because the previous owner no longer needs them. There's no way, especially given the lives they live, that the runners could get him to a loyalty of above 3, perhaps 4.
MaxHunter
Love the thread so far!

My favourites: Miracle shooter master, aldolf von leiterhoef, mad abdul, amy martinson, sven and DMV office worker. Going to include a couple of them on my next games. Kudos to y'all.

Cheers,

Max
Kanada Ten
Street Puppeteer

The old man with a crooked back conjures spirits from his tiny travelling cart, which pops-open like a rusty jack-in-the-box for theater of shadows to begin. There, the tales of old gods and new gods, of their victories and conceits, unfold in flashing, flamboyant showmanship. In many ways, he becomes the de facto caretaker and teacher for the street urchins and lost children who listen shyly from their cracks and window ledges.

The bells dragging behind him tell of his coming, jingling dully like his ceaseless mumbling. His supply of dirty pinwheels and streamers seems endless as he hands them out to the few young enough or brave enough to approach him with applause or awe. But it is the woman, lonely and listening from her defeated seat at the bus-stop (where the bus never stops) who knows that the tales are of men and gangs and guns; it is the woman who knows that the tales never change, just the names and forms of the spirits who tell them.

"What does an old man know? Leave an old man his stories. They are nothing to you, everything to me. Who listens to an old man anyway?"
ElFenrir
The Desperate Housewife

The Desperate Housewife thrives on gossip. And she's willing to sell out ANYONE for the right 'price' be it money, or, well, something to 'spice up' her boring married life. The Desperate Housewife tends to hold a grudge, though. Don't do the wrong thing or you might end up with a rather tarnished reputation. Still, though, if there is someone you need to know about in a neighborhood, or someTHING you need to know about, or something you want to find out about a target that might not be too high-profile...the Desperate Housewife probably knows and is more than happy to make them look bad. They tend to know the comings and goings about anyone that's somewhat nearby them. This lady is the master of the suburban areas like the street snitch is the master of his domain. Bonus points if the Desperate Housewife works in a dead-end wageslave job as a receptionist. No one is safe.

(Skills including things like Fashion Knowledge, Gossip(Suburban), Other People's Work Schedules, Other Peoples General Private Lives, Etiquette(either Corporate or Fashion), Con, Negotations(Bargain), and possibly Unarmed Combat(Hair-Pulling) or Thrown Weapons(Shoes).)
Kyoto Kid
...and Trid Programmes (Game Shows, Soap Operas, or sleazy Daytime Talk Shows)
Method
Eldritch Westphal and Mr. Kingsley:
Eldritch Westphal is a loquacious mortuary owner with amazing moral flexibility and a talent for faking empathy. A middle-aged dwarf, his constant companion is Mr Kingsley, a massive troll mortician that is awkwardly packed into an outmoded suit. Kingsley is as taciturn as Westphal is verbose and an air of creepiness hangs all about both of them. Westphal dabbles here and there in various illicit transactions such as grave robbery and organ legging, and can be very helpful in disposing of troublesome bodies, for the right price...

“Death is so tragic really. But alas, it is the debt we all must pay… Fortunately for you, my friend I’m running a handsome two-for-one special this month! Step right this way and my associate, Mr. Kingsley, will unburden you of that poor fellow’s mortal coil…�

martindv
Is he supposed to remind me of ... Horus(?) in America Gods?
Method
No... I've never read "American Gods", but oddly enough they are loosely based on Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar from "Neverwhere" also by Neil Gaiman. Where did you draw the parallel?
Kanada Ten
The Pretty Girl Scout

With an uncanny eye, he can spot a pretty girl - even under the layers of dirt smeared on her face. A natural sense for which smile which brighten with age, which bodies bud sooner, which biting of lips indicates a docile young child. He knows the neighborhoods, knows the troubles, knows the tribes, knows the time to arrive in his shiny black car - how much muscle to bring, or how little. And he knows how much money each prize is worth, both to her parents and to his clients.

"I'll give you two-hundred nuyen for her, and another fifty for her brother. Boys are always more trouble, you know."

"You're crazy, she's worth five hundred, and the boy will be good muscle once he's broke."

"They would only starve if I left them in that drekhole. Here, they have a chance; here they can be a star. I give them that chance. Do you hear them complain?"
Riley37
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
The Pretty Girl Scout

The others so far have been people who might hear gossip, or directly observe the behavior of people of interest; this one is useful only if a PC needs a girl's "potential" evaluated. Kinda narrow.

Oh, Aqualung...
Whipstitch
I don't think that's really true at all. Imagine the kind of dirt a guy like that might be able to cough up on some of his clients with the right motivation. He's also exactly the kind of sleazeball who'd be up on all the latest vices and he very well could be the go to guy if you ever need to find out where some missing corp brat cutie may have disappeared to.

Also, I don't feel like bothering to write up anything fancy... but building superintendents and landlords of apartment buildings and small arcologies can make great contacts. Even the ones that are just glorified janitors likely have the keys, biometric scans or excuses needed to get just about anywhere in the building they supervise and they may even know things like where some of their tenants work and whether there's been any complaints by residents about unusual behavior in their neighborhood. And if nothing else they just might be able to let you lay low in a vacant apartment for a few days if shit hits the fan and you need to plan your next move. They're not the kind of contact I'd likely start a PC with, but I'd consider greasing their palms or otherwise cultivating a friendly relationship if given a chance once in play.
kanislatrans
appliance repair man-(my job)

everyone (well everyone with a middle +lifestyle) has appliances and they all break. Who do you call when your refrigerator quits and turns the soymilk into soy yoghurt or your washer decides to stop going round and round? the repair guy thats who.
its a tough job . you have to be part salesman and part miracle worker to keep people happy. Tech skills at a minimum of 2 in a broad spectrum. electronics,plumbing, mechanics. social skills a must. Because people love to talk to the repair guy. you don't realize how many lonely people there are till you are crawling around on a customers kitchen floor while they tell you their family history. how their niece is into drugs and uncle dave once got picked up for soliciting a hooker. looking for the layout of the jenkins estate? he may not know where the hidden safe is but he can probably let you know that he has to call ahead so they can lock the hellhounds in the garage. nice bit of info there.

"The jenkins place? oh,yeah. they've got one of those MTC stackable units. things go through high limit thermostats like there's no tomorrow. had a damn hard time getting the side panel off last time I was there on account of the crates in the basement. The crates? Not sure what was in them but they had Tir shipping labels on them."
youngtusk87
Corporate Warmage

That one kid who was too into videogames and action movies when he was Awakened, joined the Army, went to school and learned about Business. He knows how to shoot a fireball in one hand and an SMG in the other. On top of that, he's the head of the Arcane Department of an elite private security contractor. Resourceful, Intelligent, and always down for a Fight. Lucky for you, your party's Mage had Intermediate Arcane Algebra class with him.

"As long as I got a Beretta, i'm down for whatever."

Master Gunsmith

Thirty years in the service. Combat. Medals of distinction. He was fatally wounded in a Helicopter accident and Medically Discharged. Ever since he's only ever worked on firearms while living off of a retirement check. He's a miracle worker with his hands, using his almost adept-abilities to modify and enhance contemporary firearms. He makes the most accurate guns, most reliable magazines, and most precise ammunition. From High-Capacity Magazines to Match-Grade rifle barrells, to bullets infused with magical properties, the retired Sargeant can make any gun better than it already is. Just don't ask for a reciept.

"I like to keep this, *Click-Click* for close encounters."

Celebrity

When you're in the spot light all the time, it can difficult to attain certain substances and execute certain actions without it leaking all over the Matrix. So instead, he has you do those things for him. Everything comes at a price, of course, so for threatening his rival's agents on occassion, he gives you access to the VIP clubs and hot spot hang outs. Oh yeah, and he's currently dating the daughter of the President of Waynen Software Inc.

"Hey did you get that stuff I asked for?"
Fortune
QUOTE (youngtusk87 @ Jan 30 2008, 09:48 PM)
He was fatally wounded in a Helicopter accident and Medically Discharged.

Shedim alert!!! biggrin.gif

... to bullets infused with magical properties ...

eek.gif ???
Critias
Yeah. I think someone got a little carried away.
Siege
QUOTE (Critias)
Yeah. I think someone got a little carried away.

Weeeeeelllll...nothing would technically prevent a focus from being packed into a shell with gunpowder and fired as a bullet.

The more accurate description would be, the magical "bullet capable of being used as a magical focus when handled, but incapable of channeling the requisite mana when fired" bullet.

I imagine the ballistics would absolutely blow though.

grinbig.gif

-Siege
Whipstitch
Honestly, if you really wanted to you could likely take wood from an ancient and secluded banyan tree from the heart of India and craft it into radical reagent toilet paper. I just wouldn't expect miracles. Or even the softness of Charmin, for that matter.
Jeremiah Legacy
Food Delivery Person

"Thirty minutes or it's free!" He knows his delivery area like the back of his hand. He knows the quickest routes, the shortest lights, even the "roads" not put on the maps. And mostly, he can get into anywhere. Corporate boardrooms, military bases, gang headquarters; everybody lets him through.

Temporary Labor Manager

Not everything should be done by a corp man. When they need some quick (legal) work done cheaply, they call him. He knows who needs the extra help in construction, inventory, and food services ... and he can get you in there too.

And if your runners really want to befriend some dirtbags ...

Pedophile Service Coordinator

One sick puppy, he finds the vulnerable kiddies and matches them up with the perverts looking for some underage action. He's got cops on the take, knows child psychology, has a ring of safehouses and how to keep things quiet, and best of all, a list of clients who know it's in their best interest to not get on his bad side.
Sponge
Astronomer
If you need to remotely scout out something specific in orbit, be it a satellite, shuttle, a lunar installation, or even Zurich Orbital, this guy can probably get some time on a high-power telescope (visible light or otherwise) somewhere for you. He also has the lowdown on regular orbital flights (public and private), who's got what hardware in orbit, upcoming sunspot activity, and so on.
Kanada Ten
Cyberware Model

His body has been sculpted to the whims of contemporary beauty, smoothed and tanned and toned to that look of momentary perfection. His gender reduced to a shape, a gait and stance. His face, that confidant, cool glare slotted to stone. But how his chrome shines, how perfectly, how fluidly it functions. Nothing you can do will match his ware, no modifications, no tweaking or add-on will give you the grace and style of his mechanical pieces. For while they mold the cyber to match your body, they carve his body to meld with the chrome.

"Beauty is a philosophy. One I live and die by - even kill by, if needed."

"Touch me again and I'll demonstrate the full lethality of this implant suite; the sim recording of which my employer will use as a product teaser. Do you want to become a product teaser?"
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Feb 10 2008, 04:29 PM) *
Unless you're rich enough to hire an ass-kicking magical nanny who is a cross between Marry Poppins and the T-800 (or, alternately, between Maria von Trap and Elric of Melniboné) there is nothing that you can do to stop him short of killing him or sending him to prison.

Governess

Part joyful caregiver, part ass-kicking bodyguard, the Governess combines cutting edge know, active and even linguasofts with proven instruction techniques in her quest to raise the perfect child; and with dozens of personalities to choose from, you'll never be dissatisfied with her or your child ever again. Her former life as a combat commando is all but forgotten as a dull gleam in her eyes masked under the pleasant smile and pedicured manners of this pricey, but indispensable, guardian of your children.

"Now then, the qualifications. Item one: a cheery disposition. I am never cross. Item two: rosy cheeks. Obviously. Item three: play games, all sorts. Well, I'm sure the children will find my games extremely diverting. Item four: you must be kind. I am kind, but extremely firm."
stevebugge
This one is a little less generic, came up in our game the other day. Probably is a buddy of Mad Abdul of Abdul's cab service grinbig.gif

Crazy Larry of Crazy Larry's Pawn & Exchange

First off the chances that this guy's name is actually "Larry" is pretty low, a Dwarf of Iranian heritage with limited English skills but a knack for tech and weaponry 'Larry' runs his pawn shop in one of Boston's worst areas. Mostly loaded with average pawnshop items, 'Larry' keeps an arsenal of heavier weapons secreted away behind hidden panels and will do all sorts of custom work if asked, assuming someone vouched for you so he'll admit the existance of the 'Good Stuff' at all. Larry is very enthusiastic about weapons in particular, and is more that willing to stage demonstrations in a lot of cases.

"FNHAR, is Niiice, let me show you"
Lionhearted
How come all Arabian contacts have crazy in their contact description?
stevebugge
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Feb 12 2008, 01:33 PM) *
How come all Arabian contacts have crazy in their contact description?

In my case the stereotype is very heavily influenced by my Branch Manager's behavior
Tai-Pan
Blackjack dealer: One part shrink, one part accountant, add some customer service skills serve in one hour doses. Hears assorted tidbits of information knows all the regulars habits average bet, cigarette brand alcohol preference and tolerance, which of his/her co-worker's the cheap slot sitting on third base is banging.

Craps dealer: See above with better math skills and an arrogance about them knowing they can out manage the pit bosses and out deal every blackjack dealer in the house.

Pit Boss: Burned out blackjack dealer, better knowledge of player habits but doesn't care any more been in the casino business most of their life just got sick of the grind of busting their ass for tips. beware the burned out craps dealer.
Angelone
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Feb 10 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Governess

Part joyful caregiver, part ass-kicking bodyguard, the Governess combines cutting edge know, active and even linguasofts with proven instruction techniques in her quest to raise the perfect child; and with dozens of personalities to choose from, you'll never be dissatisfied with her or your child ever again. Her former life as a combat commando is all but forgotten as a dull gleam in her eyes masked under the pleasant smile and pedicured manners of this pricey, but indispensable, guardian of your children.

"Now then, the qualifications. Item one: a cheery disposition. I am never cross. Item two: rosy cheeks. Obviously. Item three: play games, all sorts. Well, I'm sure the children will find my games extremely diverting. Item four: you must be kind. I am kind, but extremely firm."

Reminds me of the nanny from hell from the anime Black Lagoon. Been thinking of bringing this up in a game and you just convinced me.
Prospero
Spam King

If it involves sleaze, fraud, guns, or cheap food and soybeer, the Spam King has probably written a viral ad for it and unleashed it on an unsuspecting populace. Though you might curse his name every time you walk through a spam zone or clean out the message filter on your comm, the Spam King has a lot of contacts all over the sprawl who pay him to advertise various of their products. He's happy to introduce you for a small fee... Also, he's quite good at messing with hardware and (especially) coding software. For a hefty chunk of cred, he just might have a custom-coded Agent program lying around somewhere with your name on it. After all, that new Kong-Wal Mart spam has managed to spoof it's way past your filters four times this week - just imagine what his *complex* programs can do...
Rajaat99
Sports Athlete
A baseball player, an urban brawler, a football player, these guys need friends too.

Pet Shop Owner
Where do you buy some food for your unlicensed hellhound?

Florist
Know where your enemies are sending flowers, so you can kidnap their loved ones.

Pig Farm Owner
"You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together." "And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig"".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012