Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More about Agents and IC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Serbitar
@GrinderTheTroll

So you really think thats intentional and players are supposed to figure that out?
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Aaron)
If that's the case, though, their design is rather inefficient. But I'll bite: what, if not purpose, makes them different? They don't even have different costs.

As I suggested earlier: responsibility. An Agent is only responsible for one persona's worth of stuff: it's own. The Agent is doing things more or less just like a persona. Very small and reasonably fixed amount of system load. The IC, on the other hand, is responsible for the entire node, regardless of how large the node is. As a node grows into an immense mainframe with thousands of users, the IC's responsibility grows to continue to monitor all of those thousands of users at once. So as a node gets larger, IC's workload increases but an Agent's doesn't.
GrinderTheTroll
I don't know what they've left up to us to figure out or not. Sometimes I've read the SR rules and it's obvious what they mean, then in the areas where it's not explicit I find out it's some other way entirely.

They directly mention the limits on Personas about number of nodes that can be access. However, SR4 makes no direct statement saying that systems/nodes have such limitations. It's implied since it's not part of the the set having the limitation.

Do I think Agents should count against a node's Reponse? Yes I do since something has to pay for the bandwidth of any program that's being run on it. If nothing else a system would want unwarrented "virus" programs gone. Problem is the casual nature of an Agent (that is everyone runs them apparently) would grind systems to a halt if their presence counted against a sytems resources.

So I am arguing with myself on this. Personally, I'd like to think they are identical but they odd placement of wording and repeat definition with minor inheritence issues make me question that.

I have no problem with needing "real world" logical through-and-through to make the game work, hell it's a game. I would just like to know what exactly the authors meant.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (Aaron)
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll @ May 22 2006, 12:12 PM)
They've said IC inherits Agent properties, but didn't say Agent inherits IC properties.    They are similar, but not the same.

If that's the case, though, their design is rather inefficient. But I'll bite: what, if not purpose, makes them different? They don't even have different costs.

I know. It's a puzzle to me too. I just see a problem with Agents eating up so many resources.

Although as I think about it more and more, it all fits in SR4's desire to streamline the world as it were. I can see that treating them the same does make applying the rules much easier, less exceptions always help that. I guess I'd just like it spelled-out better in SR4.

I'm not a stickler for rules, but I do think the details are often overlooked or misread I've been guilty of that myself.

What's the most important for me is that my group is clear so there are no misunderstandings.
Cheops
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
QUOTE (Cheops @ May 18 2006, 05:03 PM)
I interpret all of this differently.  When you run an Agent it counts against YOUR commlink's response.  When it then goes and logs onto another node it subscribes to that node but the other node doesn't subscribe to it.  Therefore Agents have no negative impact on other nodes at all.  In fact there could theoretically be a million users on the node at once because something subscribing to you doesn't count against your limit--only when you subscribe to something else.

SR4, specifically mentions when an Agent is loaded independent of your commlink, it uses the Reponse rating of the Node its on. You can logout of the Matrix completely and Agent will continue to run.

However, you can choose to ignore this and do what you want.

Actually my interpretation is following the rules as written.

pg 228 Talking about running Agents independently of the hacker..."In this case, the agent doesn't count toward your persona's active program limits like running programs do but it does count as a subscriber towards your subscription limit."

No where does it say that loading the agent on the node makes the node have it as an active program. In fact the rules specifically state that it still counts as subscribed to you EVEN WHEN OFFLINE and thus can be tracked. Furthermore it only says that it USES the nodes Response, it doesn't say it becomes an active program for that node. IMO the agent becomes a separate matrix entity with its own persona, just like a hacker.
Serbitar
Ähä, and where does the processor power come from? Outer space?
hobgoblin
ugh, this will got round for ever (or hopefully only until unwired gets printed).
Moon-Hawk
Or they put out a FAQ. That's really all it would take; five minutes from someone who really knows how it was intended to work telling us how it goes.
I feel like I'm trapped between two horrible scenarios. 1) The developers don't care enough to take the very small amount of time to answer some really big issues in a simple FAQ. or 2) These questions aren't simple, becaues the developers don't know the answers.
Sorry, I'm ranting a little, but I think we're extremely overdue to get some of these questions answered, and they're obviously important enough to the core rules that we shouldn't have to wait for another book to expand on them.
Cheops
I agree with you Moon-Hawk.

As far as processing power goes...sure it comes from the moon. It sure as heck doesn't come from the node. Maybe Renraku has developed new Chi-based processors that create extra processing power with good Feng Shui.
mdynna
QUOTE (Serbitar)
Ähä, and where does the processor power come from? Outer space?

The processing power comes from the host that the Agent is running on, but it takes so little of that power that there is effectively no limit. This is what Grinder (I think it was him) is/was getting at with a difference between IC and Agents. Because IC "expand" with the size of the system they are running on, because they are responsible to oversee everything, they are significantly more complicated than Agents. Therefore, they count towards Response decrease. Agents, OTOH, are basically automated users. Since nothing in the rules talks about a limit to how many users can be logged in at one time, that number must be "effectively" unlimited. Therefore, Agents do not count towards Response limits.

If you go the other way (Agents do decrease a Node's Response) then you are open to the possibilities of the "Agent bomb" attack. Even moreso if you allow Agents to be copied.

On the Agent copying note: TBRMInsanity and I were talking this one out and he and I agreed that Agents should not be allowed to be copied. Mainly, for game balance reasons. However, if you need a "fluff" type reason, here's one: Agents, being complicated independent programs, have a unique "code structure" for each one, individually. This strong "sense of self" is necessary for the Agent to "move" or copy itself from node to node while retaining all state information, its "thoughts" if you will. The individual "uniqueness" of the code runs throughout, so if you want a true "second" entity, the Agent code must be re-written in its entirety. If you copy the code of an Agent and try to run that second copy 1 of 2 things will happen: 1) the copy will fail to run ("That program is already running"), 2) the previous running copy of the Agent will be deleted and will be "reset" back to the location of the second copy.

I might be convinced that if you wish to create another Agent of the same rating as an existing one you can decompile its code (using the same rules as the "pirating software" test) to use as a "basis example." This would provide a dice pool bonus or some reduction in time for creating the second Agent, but not much.
mdynna
QUOTE (Serbitar)
QUOTE (mdynna @ May 19 2006, 03:30 PM)
Well even if it is not quite RAW I am going to rule that all of your Agents contain your "signature" and thus can be used to Trace your Commlink.  If you're offline, the Trace will fail, but they should have enough information (Commcode) to determine when you are back online to start the Trace.

Why? Your commcode is only used for commcalls. You can have a totally different ID while loggin in into the matrix. Your matrix ID is like an IP number. A commcode could be associated to a certain IP number or to no number at all (like you might have to log on to the commserver to recieve commcalls and you are recognised by login and password).

Well what information does a particular drone or Agent need to be on your subscriber list? The Agent must have some piece of information that allows it to find and communicate with your Commlink, be it your Commcode or your Access ID. On a relation to RL level, I never imagined IP address coming into the SR rules anywhere. I saw your Commcode as a combination phone number/email address (I'm pretty sure the rules state as much). Your Access ID I see more like your MAC Address. IP Addresses can and often do change depending on many things but a device's MAC Address is always unique.

My end point is: if you have an Agent on your subscriber list, it can be used to Trace back to your Commlink.
Serbitar
Mdynna, this is all specualtion. RAW says:

IC = Agent (in every game respect)
device = node = matrix host
IC/Agents use response in EVERY device/node (depending where they are running on).

everything else is house ruling, which is ok, but do not try to make something RAW which is not.
I think it is agood house rule to give "real" matrix nodes independent real response and only an "effective" response rating of 1-6, but thats a house rule. What I do NOT like is this distinction between IC and agents.

Concerning agent copying: I have no problems with this game balance wise. Agents do not help in secrecy and secrecy is what hacking is all about.

To the agents/trace busines: Ok, this is a valid point. (Though I would allow agents to "report back" to some e-mail box somewhere which is then accessed by the hacker, so that there is no direct connection between agent and comlink.)
mdynna
QUOTE (Serbitar)
IC/Agents use response in EVERY device/node (depending where they are running on).

Here's the thing: if #2 goes away, I have no problem with #1 & #3. Under SR3 a Deck (personal computer/electronic device) had the limitation of Active Memory for simultaneous running programs, Matrix Hosts had no such limitation, they could run whatever the heck they wanted. I believe that the Response Decrease rules were a conversion of the "spirit" of the previous Active Memory and were never intended to apply to Matrix "Hosts."

I refuse to believe that Matrix tech between 2064 and 2070 regressed to the point where only 6 enemy or friendly IC/Agents can run simultaneously before performance is affected. The move to the Wireless Matrix didn't replace all the old hardware, it merely created Wireless access to that hardware (this is how I see it), so I think it's ridiculous that the same computer systems are now somehow significantly less powerful. I refuse to believe that the whole Matrix runs on modified Meta Link Commlinks (that is the cheapeast way to get a Rating 6 Node right?).
Serbitar
QUOTE (SR4 p. 228)

Note that nodes are careful not to run so many IC programs at once that it affects their performance (see Response, p.212)

This paragraph is specificly for matrix nodes running IC. Its not about any low level devices or comlinks. Its about full blown matrix hosts.

I would not use this rule either, but it has to be crystal clear, that this (full blown matrix hosts have infinite resopnse and only efective responsefor game mechanics) is a house rule then.

And one further note: Forget the fluff timeline consistency. We have a brandnew ruleset here. There is no reason to argue anything using timeline arguments (old cyberware, old matrix, old whatever). We have a complete reality backswitch. The fluff about Crash 2.0 is there just to make it bearable.
Argueing about dying characters because of changed essence rules are sensless. As is arguing about matrix nodes after and before the rule changes. (Reality backswitch = it has always been as it is now in the rules)
The Jopp
QUOTE (Serbitar)
QUOTE (SR4 p. 228)

Note that nodes are careful not to run so many IC programs at once that it affects their performance (see Response, p.212)

This paragraph is specificly for matrix nodes running IC. Its not about any low level devices or comlinks. Its about full blown matrix hosts.

Well, according to the RAW any device that can be accessed through the matrix is a node, therefore the rules on page 228 DO apply to both commlinks, devices and full blown matrix hosts.

Since each node is a device in its own right I do believe that one has to think in the SR3 line with different nodes. A corporate system for example is not 1 full blow server/commlink – it is a network of nodes that share programs between them.

By the RAW programs take up response if they run too many programs and I see that as a good thing. My hacker for example will never run things at maximum response since he wants flexibility, but he can still run up to nine programs including two agents running three programs each.

Sure, they are all rating four but in the end that’s just one lousy D6 I loose if I want to go number crunching. Corporate hosts and matrix hosts will probably very seldom run more than 4-5 programs since they don’t need to run many active programs. Most of these nodes are storage devices and the only things they will probably run is Analyze and 3-4 IC programs.

Now, let’s get nasty and say they run rating 6 node and decide to have 11 active programs, that’s -1 response. What could we face as a hacker?

1.Analyze
2.Agent (Analyze,Stealth,Attack,Armour)
3.Agent (Analyze,Stealth,Attack,Armour)
4.Agent (Analyze,Stealth,Attack,Armour)
5.Agent (Analyze,Stealth,Attack,Armour)
6 IC: (Analyze, Track, Medic, Armour)
7 IC: (Analyze, Track, Medic, Armour)
8 IC: (Analyze, Track, Medic, Armour)
9 IC: (Analyze, Track, Medic, Armour)
10: IC: (Stealth, Attack, Black Hammer, Blackout)
11: IC: (Stealth, Attack, Black Hammer, Blackout)

The Agents and IC are all rating 4 and roll 8D6 each and they ALL run Analyze constantly. Do we really NEED a higher rating on most civilian systems? Also, remember that they could be running other agents/IC from another node and roam inside this node without taking up its system response.

Also, the node might have firm instructions only to run a specific set of programs and will delete any illicit program uploaded that does not fit its instructions.

Hopefully we will get a lot more information about how node networks would look like in unwired.
hobgoblin
another option is that a response decrease only affects a persona thats being generated by said node. basicly, as long as the node isnt supporting a persona, the response will not flex at all no matter how many agents, IC or programs there are running on it.

allso, this more or less require that the response decrease only affects the personas initiative. it does not reduce the response for setting the max system/os rating. therefor, no death spiral.

so therefor, you cant DDOS a office node by loading up 1001 agents. and it can in theory support any number of active IC (sure, turn it into fort knox. why not just remove the whole matrix while your at it).

basicly all this stands and fall on how to read the response decrase from "software overload". and right now, i can think of atleast 2 way to read it, and from that we have all kinds of branching interpetations...
nick012000
Umm... I'll point out that Reality Filter will effectively double the number of IC you can run without decreasing performance, as well as the number of programs the IC can run.

I think we can figure out from this why sculpted systems are so popular amongst the Big 10.
hobgoblin
and that alone proves that response is just as much about how quickly and effortlessly the user and the "node" interact as it is about pure hardware speed...
mdynna
QUOTE (SR4 pg. 228)

I've got it! IC=Agents and Agents=IC right? An Agent uses the Node's Response as its Response limiter, because it runs on the node right? So if IC=Agents then IC can be swapped for Agent in the sentence above. The Agent bomb attack will not work. The system will simply say "I can't run that." Done. A node will not run more IC than its Response can handle, and it will not run more "intruding" Agents than it can handle. Done. Rule exploit plugged. Everyone is happy.
Aaron
QUOTE (mdynna)
I've got it! IC=Agents and Agents=IC right? An Agent uses the Node's Response as its Response limiter, because it runs on the node right? So if IC=Agents then IC can be swapped for Agent in the sentence above. The Agent bomb attack will not work. The system will simply say "I can't run that." Done. A node will not run more IC than its Response can handle, and it will not run more "intruding" Agents than it can handle. Done. Rule exploit plugged. Everyone is happy.

If only it were that easy. An agent running admin privileges could break that rule fairly easily. A node could have a rule "No more than X agents running, period," but then the agent/hacker with admin could rewrite that rule.

mdynna
Who says what an Admin can do? The GM can. Period. Or, the system is programmed to simply shutdown and reset a Node when its performance starts to drag (like have 15 Agents running on it). If you go with Admin's having that kind of power then can they shut down IC and cancel system Alerts at their whim? Maybe, MAYBE if the hacker didn't cause an Alert hacking in. Even then, I don't think an Admin can do that much. Corp security designer aren't stupid, they know an Admin account can be Hacked.

I've never bought into the "an Admin account can do absolutely anything" rule. As I said in another host: if anything, system security should be watching the actions of Admin accounts closer than regular users. Think about how anti-virual heuristic engines work. They look for an ususal amount of powerful, low-level system interrupts and such. Then they start to say, "Why are you doing this?"
Aaron
QUOTE (mdynna)
Who says what an Admin can do? The GM can. Period. Or, the system is programmed to simply shutdown and reset a Node when its performance starts to drag (like have 15 Agents running on it). If you go with Admin's having that kind of power then can they shut down IC and cancel system Alerts at their whim? Maybe, MAYBE if the hacker didn't cause an Alert hacking in. Even then, I don't think an Admin can do that much. Corp security designer aren't stupid, they know an Admin account can be Hacked.

I've never bought into the "an Admin account can do absolutely anything" rule. As I said in another host: if anything, system security should be watching the actions of Admin accounts closer than regular users. Think about how anti-virual heuristic engines work. They look for an ususal amount of powerful, low-level system interrupts and such. Then they start to say, "Why are you doing this?"

I'll bite. Which operating system does not allow an admin (root) user to modify anything, including the system files?
mdynna
The OS of "A Shadowrun Hacker shouldn't get a free ride just because they made the Firewall + 6 Threshold"
Cheops
QUOTE (Serbitar)
Mdynna, this is all specualtion. RAW says:

everything else is house ruling, which is ok, but do not try to make something RAW which is not.
I think it is agood house rule to give "real" matrix nodes independent real response and only an "effective" response rating of 1-6, but thats a house rule. What I do NOT like is this distinction between IC and agents.

Concerning agent copying: I have no problems with this game balance wise. Agents do not help in secrecy and secrecy is what hacking is all about.

To the agents/trace busines: Ok, this is a valid point. (Though I would allow agents to "report back" to some e-mail box somewhere which is then accessed by the hacker, so that there is no direct connection between agent and comlink.)

We're making it RAW because the RAW rules are so vague that it can be interpreted two different ways. Just because you interpret shitty rules differently doesn't make your view point any better.

They seriously need to come out with FAQs.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Aaron)
QUOTE (mdynna @ May 24 2006, 11:43 AM)
Who says what an Admin can do?  The GM can.  Period.  Or, the system is programmed to simply shutdown and reset a Node when its performance starts to drag (like have 15 Agents running on it).  If you go with Admin's having that kind of power then can they shut down IC and cancel system Alerts at their whim?  Maybe, MAYBE if the hacker didn't cause an Alert hacking in.  Even then, I don't think an Admin can do that much.  Corp security designer aren't stupid, they know an Admin account can be Hacked.

I've never bought into the "an Admin account can do absolutely anything" rule.  As I said in another host: if anything, system security should be watching the actions of Admin accounts closer than regular users.  Think about how anti-virual heuristic engines work.  They look for an ususal amount of powerful, low-level system interrupts and such.  Then they start to say, "Why are you doing this?"

I'll bite. Which operating system does not allow an admin (root) user to modify anything, including the system files?

windows 2000 or later, if you screw around a bit with the settings.

linux, with the SElinux stuff added. and btw, thats a NSA creation...

basicly, admin today as a account just like any other. its just that by default its the master controller of all things on the os. but if you play around with the settings, it can be just another account...

Serbitar
QUOTE (Cheops @ May 24 2006, 12:35 PM)

We're making it RAW because the RAW rules are so vague that it can be interpreted two different ways.  Just because you interpret shitty rules differently doesn't make your view point any better.

They seriously need to come out with FAQs.

What is the other interpretation?
The only interpretation consistent with RAW regarding this aspect is:

Agent = IC
comlinks and nodes suffer response penalties from running too many agents/IC

There is NO other interpretation which is consistent with RAW, and on first look, I see no difficulties with these rules. Thats why I think they are meant that way. Only on second thought, they are flawed (DoS attack, weak matrix hosts, you name it . . .)

And I think we do not only need a FAQ, but we would have needed unwired as the first book to be published. It is a severe mistake not to do this.

BTW: I think it is really sad that not even one of these "rule guys" or "freelancers" is commenting on this. Were the rules written by Rob Boyle only? Where are the guys writing unwired at the moment?
Backgammon
Don't feel bad, devs never ever post rule clarifications here.
Serbitar
But why? I even think that they should enter 21st century and update the .pdf books constantly with rules clarifications and changes. A lot of people in here are constantly testing rules. Why not use this additional information to make a better product?

Give every buyeer of the hardcopy book a .pdf license and everybody is able to constantly be up to date to the newest and revised rules (if he wants to). I bet you would even find a lot of volunteers for this work.
Moon-Hawk
I hate to be the one to keep saying this, but it seems to me that they either don't care, or can't figure the rules out any more than we can.
Believe me, I'd love a third option.
mdynna
I can understand why Unwired isn't coming out soon. I think they're letting things like this and other Matrix 2.0 rules "air out" a bit before they try to expand and such on them. Heck, they may decide that the rules need a major overhaul. In which case Unwired might be on par with VR2.0 as a "complete rule system replacement."
kigmatzomat
I hope it isn't a total rewrite but it wouldn't surprise me if the playtesters didn't hit this. Many PTs work according to scenarios specified by the devs or editors and don't have anything but a small subset of rules to work from. I can believe the RAW in their final form didn't get more than a cursory eval given the timing problems around Gen Con. The Fan Pro folks at Gen Con were constantly referring to the books to find out which rules incarnation were printed.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the devs were divided on the matter and are kind of hoping the masses will come to a consensus.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (mdynna)
I can understand why Unwired isn't coming out soon. I think they're letting things like this and other Matrix 2.0 rules "air out" a bit before they try to expand and such on them. Heck, they may decide that the rules need a major overhaul. In which case Unwired might be on par with VR2.0 as a "complete rule system replacement."

God I hope not, the constantly changing rules from version to version is bad enough.
Cheops
Especially when they aren't fully thought out.
Kanada Ten
But why? I even think that they should enter 21st century and update the .pdf books constantly with rules clarifications and changes. A lot of people in here are constantly testing rules. Why not use this additional information to make a better product?

If you want an official rules clarification, you email the official people. Rob doesn't want to read Dumpshock because it could create issues with claims of copyright and intellectual property.
Cheops
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)

If you want an official rules clarification, you email the official people. Rob doesn't want to read Dumpshock because it could create issues with claims of copyright and intellectual property.

Well...that, and no offense intended to anyone, but it's been shown that some of the devs can't handle it here.
Kanada Ten
There is only 1 dev. What freelancers have to say about a subject doesn't make it official.
mdynna
Keep in mind that we on DS mostly represent the "extreme" end of the SR fan scale.
Backgammon
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)

Seriously. If you can formulate the debates weve been having here into answerable questions, just email it to Rob and hell probably answer you.

(sorry for lack of apostrophes, my keyboard is being wierd)
Cheops
QUOTE (mdynna)
Keep in mind that we on DS mostly represent the "extreme" end of the SR fan scale.

That may be an understatement.
mdynna
(My reason why the current Matrix Response/Node rules need to be changed):

GM: You hear a gratifying click as the biometric lock unhinges. As the heavily armored door slides open you cast aside the bloody stump of a hand you acquired to bypass the lock. The slow mechansim finally finishes opening completely giving you access to the room you have been so desparetly trying to enter.
PC: I head inside!
GM: You step inside and hear the door close behind you with a heavy slam. You have now done what many said was impossible: penetrated the data centre for SK: Prime. This is where all of the juiciest paydata is kept for Lofwyr and SK's nefarious schemes.
PC: I look around, what's the room like?
GM: The room is enormous, probably 50 metres across. At one time, it probably held enormous amounts of equipment. Now it is almost completely empty.
PC: Really? What is in the room then?
GM: In the centre, 20 meters in front of you, is a cheap fold-up card table. There's something sitting on it but you can't see it from here.
PC: I walk over to the card table.
GM: You see one Meta Link commlink there. It looks fairly well used. A "*Sale!* tag is still partially stuck to it.
PC: Just a Meta Link commlink? That's it?
GM: Looking closer you see some supplementary electronics have been added to it. The kind of accessories you've seen that boost a Commlink's processing power.
PC: So all there is in the whole data centre is a modified Meta Link Commlink?
GM: Yes. You see, ever since the crash of '64, you don't need anything better than a modified Meta Link commlink anymore. SK was able to downside their multi-billion dollar Matrix Data Centre to this. It's as good a Matrix system as can be in the world.
Cheops
As far as caps on rating go my group has pretty much dropped them making it possible for corps to have systems with higher than 6 in their ratings. With the way the times work you need large teams of programmers working together to get it done but we've determined that a company could have a system that is 7+ even if they only create one system at a time (in series).

So far none of us have been able to find something that directly states "you cannot build something higher than 6." If anyone else has please let me know.
Kanada Ten
I'd picture that scene only with thousands upon thousands of Metalinks, and only one has the paydata at any one time. A needle in a sea of needles.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (mdynna)
(My reason why the current Matrix Response/Node rules need to be changed):

GM: You hear a gratifying click as the biometric lock unhinges. As the heavily armored door slides open you cast aside the bloody stump of a hand you acquired to bypass the lock. The slow mechansim finally finishes opening completely giving you access to the room you have been so desparetly trying to enter.
PC: I head inside!
GM: You step inside and hear the door close behind you with a heavy slam. You have now done what many said was impossible: penetrated the data centre for SK: Prime. This is where all of the juiciest paydata is kept for Lofwyr and SK's nefarious schemes.
PC: I look around, what's the room like?
GM: The room is enormous, probably 50 metres across. At one time, it probably held enormous amounts of equipment. Now it is almost completely empty.
PC: Really? What is in the room then?
GM: In the centre, 20 meters in front of you, is a cheap fold-up card table. There's something sitting on it but you can't see it from here.
PC: I walk over to the card table.
GM: You see one Meta Link commlink there. It looks fairly well used. A "*Sale!* tag is still partially stuck to it.
PC: Just a Meta Link commlink? That's it?
GM: Looking closer you see some supplementary electronics have been added to it. The kind of accessories you've seen that boost a Commlink's processing power.
PC: So all there is in the whole data centre is a modified Meta Link Commlink?
GM: Yes. You see, ever since the crash of '64, you don't need anything better than a modified Meta Link commlink anymore. SK was able to downside their multi-billion dollar Matrix Data Centre to this. It's as good a Matrix system as can be in the world.

Hahaha nice.

I'd still wager even a *large* infrastructure setup in 2070 wouldn't occupy nearly a tenth of the space it does today. Considering you can implant a commlink in your head with zero concern of heat (go-go-superconductors) really means you can pack more in less space than before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012