Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC relationships?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
mfb
haha, didn't know that, Vegas. jeez, A'ja gets around!

emo, read Brainscan. the details aren't really important, here.
SL James
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 20 2006, 12:33 PM)
Damnit, can we go back in time to play s'more during those times? Jesus that was fun.

Well, considering the current state of SL if you want consistent posting you have two choices - and I am the social one of the us compared to that woman.
Vegas
QUOTE (mfb)

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hey it was just *two* guys nyahnyah.gif besides you don't know the HALF of that whole plot twist shit that was SUPPOSED to come out of BS with DE running it and if Cloude had stuck around...

Now if she just started sleeping with EVERYONE who worked for her... then I'd let you say that nyahnyah.gif
emo samurai
I'll have weird, weird NPC's for people to get involved with.
SL James
QUOTE (Vegas)
QUOTE (mfb @ May 21 2006, 07:09 PM)

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hey it was just *two* guys nyahnyah.gif besides you don't know the HALF of that whole plot twist shit that was SUPPOSED to come out of BS with DE running it and if Cloude had stuck around...

Not nearly as bad as what I just added to Sam's backstory. It's so fucking awful even I think it's beyond the pale.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja)
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ May 18 2006, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE (FanGirl @ May 19 2006, 12:53 AM)
I understand that romantic/sexual stuff between PCs and NPCs can make things kinda weird, as illustrated here.

BTW, Emo: why are you asking about this?  Are you planning on implementing IC romance in our campaign?

Hahaha

Yeah, I admit that WOULD be a bit awkward for me to have a male GM roleplaying my character's love interest.

As for the whole males-playing-females thing: that reminds me of something I saw on the shadowrun quotefile once:

WHY I HATE MALES PLAYING FEMALES.
Take 1:
Male PC playing a female character: "I dodge like a girl, you know in a feminine sort of way, making myself look helpless..."
Everyone else: "Huh???"
GM: "Okay... roll your combat pool, TN 6. There's a +2 for "acting femine". If you aren't going to dodge like your life depended on it suck the penalties!"
PC: "What?!"
(Argument follows)

Take 2:
GM: "The facility is on full alert, the sec guard in front of the entrance has a shotgun and he looks nervous..."
Male playing female PC: "I step out of concealment, unarmed and start walking towards him."
GM (as sec guard, levels shotgun):"Halt!"
M/F PC: "I start doing a striptease."
GM: "Top or bottom first?"
M/F PC (with a big grin): "Bottom!"
GM: "He fires."
M/F PC: "What?! I leap to the side!"
GM: "You try to leap out of the shotgun blast forgetting about your pants around your ankles; sending you crashing to the ground..."

I love those two examples.
Dodge like a girl? Is that like "throw like a girl' and "run like a girl?"
Geez, that's as bad as me saying: to get out of the problem I think like a man. I scratch my crotch and see if the guard with the shot gun has a cute ass.-beer belch-

*raises hand*

I throw like a girl because I never practiced baseball, softball, etc. I have poor accuracy and power and don't follow through appropriately.

emo samurai
*raises hand*

Me too.
SL James
WTF? Did I just wander onto AOL circa 1994?
emo samurai
I wish; then you'd be over there rather than over here.
mfb
to talk about something that isn't emo's favorite subject: who has characters with significant others, rather than just others? ie, lasting, serious relationships as opposed to flings?
SL James
Current or former?

A couple of my characters were serial monogamists (either completely, or most of the time) until around the same time for various reasons.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (SL James)

Clearly not—the "too" has actually been spelled out.

~J
SL James
Eh? I seem to recall them spelling it out back then.
Kagetenshi
Clearly you found a bastion of relative sanity. Where I was, it was all "me 2", sometimes without the space.

~J
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (SL James)

That should be a Black ICE theme.
Willowhugger
I do admit one player has a curious goal of wanting to make huge amounts of money to keep a harem in the Swiss Alps.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Willowhugger)
I do admit one player has a curious goal of wanting to make huge amounts of money to keep a harem in the Swiss Alps.

The Swiss Alps? What, does he have a thing for chilled nipples or something?
emo samurai
MMMMmmm.... human-milk ice cream...
Willowhugger
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
QUOTE (Willowhugger @ May 29 2006, 05:19 PM)

The Swiss Alps? What, does he have a thing for chilled nipples or something?

I think his justification was that he wanted to be in some climate controlled fortress away from his enemies.

You know, Bond villain.
Platinum
Back to the topic, my wife just started playing shadowrun with me, and she is playing a male bounty hunter, with a real knack for social situations. I am totally blown away with how much she flirts with the women NPC's to try and get info out of them. And being from that species, she knows all the rules. Has me laughing with her commentary like, "better not flirt with her while her friend is around, or they will both think I am a jerk" (being a lowly evolved male, I never would have picked up on that) but the best line was, "I better get a girlfriend, as a bounty hunter I just don't have time to cook and clean." My jaw hit the floor to hear that come out of her mouth. totally in character, but out of character for her. (I was very proud)
FanGirl
Yeah, I really admire people who can pull of opposite sex characters, especially straight ones. I know it would be hard for me to play a male, unless he were either gay or very shy around women: I could try to flirt, but I'd be all "Um...uh...you're very pretty." It just wouldn't work.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Platinum)
Back to the topic, my wife just started playing shadowrun with me, and she is playing a male bounty hunter, with a real knack for social situations. I am totally blown away with how much she flirts with the women NPC's to try and get info out of them. And being from that species, she knows all the rules. Has me laughing with her commentary like, "better not flirt with her while her friend is around, or they will both think I am a jerk" (being a lowly evolved male, I never would have picked up on that) but the best line was, "I better get a girlfriend, as a bounty hunter I just don't have time to cook and clean." My jaw hit the floor to hear that come out of her mouth. totally in character, but out of character for her. (I was very proud)

Mwah hwah, but you see, I would argue that things like that are things which women would think of but not men. I don't think I ever remember hearing a man say, "I need a girlfriend for cooking and cleaning"; on the contrary, the squalor of an unmarried young man's apartment is the stuff of proverbs.

Neverthless, interesting post.
Smiley
QUOTE (FanGirl)
I could try to flirt, but I'd be all "Um...uh...you're very pretty." It just wouldn't work.

...that doesn't work?
Crusher Bob
QUOTE (FanGirl)
I could try to flirt, but I'd be all "Um...uh...you're very pretty."

See, you are most of the way there already.
ShadowDragon8685
I think the motivational poster thread already covers this situation.

http://www.crimsonvulpine.com/images/poster-family.jpg
Calvin Hobbes
NSFW http://static.flickr.com/67/156143888_e666d2e27c_o.jpg

I thought that one more appropriate to the situation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012