Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slow Book Availability
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mdynna
First off here's my caveat: maybe it's just me, living way up in the barren wastelands of Canada.

Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to get SR4 books? It was months after the release of the core book before I finally saw it on retail shelves in my town. I still haven't seen a printed copy of On the Run (glad I bought the PDF now). I don't remember having to wait this long for SR3 books to come out.

Now it just could be a "watched pot never boils" thing for me, as I wasn't anticipating the SR3 books as much. However, it seems the SR4 books are coming out slower. Are they taking longer to print? Is there a different distribution channel? What's the deal?
Cang
well i think everything comes out slower since wizkids got a hold of shadowrun... but then i could be just me imagining things. I know the novels got put on hold for a while.
Thanee
Hmm... no, can't really say that. The books are on the shelves pretty much normally here.

Bye
Thanee
stevebugge
In my experience the delays and waits have been about the same, though I think the demand for the new product has been a bit higher. I was at my local game store (Gary's Games in Seattle) yesterday and there was one copy each of On the Run and the BBB in stock. I remember long waits for both SOTA Books, System Failure, MJLBB, and Shadows of Asia too. I think I noticed the long lag between the SR4 BBB Pdf and Print copy more though just because it was the core book rather than an expansion or fluff book.
mdynna
QUOTE (Cang)
well i think everything comes out slower since wizkids got a hold of shadowrun... but then i could be just me imagining things. I know the novels got put on hold for a while.
I don't remember having trouble getting any of the SR3 WizKids books, like Year of the Comet or the SOTA's.

I'm thinking the demand is a little higher now, plus I live in a smaller (200k people) city way up in Canada. Still, it is annoying...
Adam
WizKids has nothing to do with the production/distribution of the game books, and FanPro has nothing to do with the production/distribution of the novels. There may be slowness problems with either or both, but they aren't stemming from the same source.

Game book distribution to Canada is often a week or so behind the USA, simply due to the shipping/customs issues.
Jaid
have you tried asking the people at the store if they have them ordered in?

just before SR4 came out, i was considering getting into SR3 (on account of i didn't know SR4 was coming out yet... glad i ended up waiting)...

when i went to the FLGS, there was nothing shadowrun whatsoever... when i asked, he busted out this large ordering catalogue and said he could order some in, and i ended up waiting (and fortunately didn't blow large amounts of money on SR3 when i am now using SR4).

but anyways, it may just be a situation of your FLGS not having the book in question ordered until someone asks for it specifically.
NightHaunter
In the UK, Plymouth at least, there has been no prob with timing of print releases.
I work in a gaming shop and our suppliers have had the books when the official web site says they should.
blakkie
QUOTE (mdynna)
QUOTE (Cang)
I don't remember having trouble getting any of the SR3 WizKids books, like Year of the Comet or the SOTA's.

I'm thinking the demand is a little higher now, plus I live in a smaller (200k people) city way up in Canada. Still, it is annoying...

Good gravy, you live in Regina. You should be happy if you have running water...that doesn't smell like buffalo urine. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012