Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autofire vs. barriers.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
Do you roll 2 dv against a barrier 10 times, or 20 dv once? I have no idea.
hobgoblin
one time, just like any other attack. and just like any other attack, if the modified damage (without the autofire modification) do not go past the modified armor rating, nothing happens...
Aaron
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Do you roll 2 dv against a barrier 10 times, or 20 dv once? I have no idea.

Depends on whether you're shooting through the barrier (in which case what hobgoblin said applies), or at it (in which case the rules about the 2P per bullet applies).
Shrike30
It says "2 DV per bullet" for a reason...
hobgoblin
ye gods, i seriously had missed that table there...

sorry about that mixup frown.gif

hmm, looks like the best bet for bringing down a wall is explosives, melee damage from a troll (preferably wielding a gigantic sledgehammer) or a spell of some kind. bullets and other projectile will not have an effect unless your going for belts of it wink.gif
emo samurai
So bullets are worthless against a good barrier... got it.
GrinderTheTroll
I really like how SR4 handles barries from prior versions. This gives concrete (no pun intended wink.gif) rules for doing all the things runners want to do to them.

Good question hobgoblin, thanks.
Shrike30
QUOTE (emo samurai)
So bullets are worthless against a good barrier... got it.

Define "good?" A 20 DV hit is nothing to laugh at.
emo samurai
But if the 2DV plus net hits aren't good enough to puncture the barrier rating, nothing gets through when trying to destroy the barrier, right?
Shrike30
The way it's written, who knows? It's totally unclear about it. The listed DV is figured out as "2 per bullet," as opposed to "2+autofire mods," so there's really no good way to determine what you're supposed to do.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)

huh, when did i ask about something?
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll @ Jun 1 2006, 09:25 PM)

Please ignore my caffine defficiency, I was temporarily insane your Honor. wobble.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Shrike30)
The way it's written, who knows? It's totally unclear about it. The listed DV is figured out as "2 per bullet," as opposed to "2+autofire mods," so there's really no good way to determine what you're supposed to do.

i have a feel that autofire mods have nothing to say this time round.

basicly its a case of 2 + whatever hits rolled on the attack, times 10...

then roll or trade armor stat, and apply that 10 times to wink.gif

or atleast thats how i will handle it if it ever comes up while im gm.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 1 2006, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll @ Jun 1 2006, 09:25 PM)

Please ignore my caffine defficiency, I was temporarily insane your Honor. wobble.gif

ah, the caffine. the drug that keeps the world humming...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012