Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Dumpshocker Passes On
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Dirtnap
Hi, I've been a lurker here for a long time, and a personal friend of Frostynso's since we were both young men. I know he spent a lot of time on this board and had a few friends here so I apolagize for being the bringer of bad news.

Two days ago, Frosty passed away.

He always liked spending time here, if not for the gaming discussions, then for the variety of people that frequent this place, and the real-life knowledge they have. Just thought you all should know.
Toptomcat
While this was appreciated, I find the juxtaposition of your username and your message very creepy.
Ancient History
<doffs_cap> Always mark the passing of one of your own.
mfb
damn.
JongWK
frown.gif

Rest in peace, chummer.
hobgoblin
lost for words...
HMHVV Hunter
Aw damn frown.gif
Adam
Very sad news.
Moon-Hawk
He will be missed.
PBTHHHHT
oh man, geez. frown.gif
Grinder
frown.gif
Synner
Sad news. My sympathies to Frosty's family and friends.
hyzmarca
Perhaps in this neglected spot is laid
Some heart once pregnant with celestial fire;
Hands that the rod of empire might have swayed,
Or waked to ecstasy the living lyre.

frown.gif
nezumi
He will be missed.
Backgammon
Damn that sucks, he'd been around these boards for a long time. Very sad news. frown.gif
BookWyrm
Frosty's gone? Wow. I'm completely speechless.

Frosty, rest well. You've more than earned it. {salute}
grendel
And this be the phrase that you grave for me,
Here he lies where he longed to be,
Here lies the sailor home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.
Shadow
Frosty was a really good friend of mine on the boards. We talked a lot about our military service, and about the army. I am going to mourn him and miss him. Can anyone tell me what happened? I know he was wounded in Iraq a few weeks back, but last I talked to him he was recovering...

Take care of yourself Frosty, I hope I get to see you again someday. Hu-ah.
ShadowDragon8685
I don't think I really knew Frosty, but...

Damn, that's sad. I'm sorry man. frown.gif
Mister Juan
No.
I honestly cannot believe this.
blakkie
frown.gif

He certainly was a longtime, positive, and welcome fixture of DSF. Please pass on my condolences to his family and friends.
Lindt
And thus DS looses an icon.

I gotta say, thank you DN. Its better to know then to wonder. I know there a good number of us are going to miss having him around.
Shrike30
I really don't know what to say. Frosty's been around here forever, it seems like. I'm going to miss him.
Tanka
Fare thee well, Frosty. You will be missed.
Foreigner
Words fail me.

My condolences to his family and friends.

I too will miss Frosty.

--Foreigner
Wounded Ronin
Thanks for letting us know. I'm actually very, very appreciative. I've often wondered what would happen if I were to die unexpectedly and the various friends I've made over the internet didn't know it but rather thought that I'd just gotten bored with them and left. I think that what you've done was a wonderfully kind and thoughtful gesture.

Here's to Frosty.
Raiko
I'll miss you Frosty.

My thoughts are with your family.
Adarael
I hope his passing was painless and without regret.
*salutes*
SuperFly
Even though I never knew Frosty, I am sorry to hear of his passing. As I myself just got out of Falluja about a year and a half ago and lost a lot of good buddies there, it pains me deeply to see any serviceman lose their life in this (many would say pointless) war. My deepest regards go out to his friends and family.

I recall how shocking it was when Shade passed away years ago, so to anyone in DSF who was a friend of Frosty's -- chin up and keep in mind that he is now in a better place, wherever and whatever that may be.
Kanada Ten
All is lost but honor.
Catsnightmare
I remember Frosty
And I won't forget.
emo samurai
...Jesus Christ... What happened to him?
bclements
I wish peace to his spirit, and happiness to his family for his time on this earth.
Dog
It was very thoughtful to let us know. My sincere apologies.
Dirtnap
QUOTE (SuperFly)
Even though I never knew Frosty, I am sorry to hear of his passing. As I myself just got out of Falluja about a year and a half ago and lost a lot of good buddies there, it pains me deeply to see any serviceman lose their life in this (many would say pointless) war. My deepest regards go out to his friends and family.

I recall how shocking it was when Shade passed away years ago, so to anyone in DSF who was a friend of Frosty's -- chin up and keep in mind that he is now in a better place, wherever and whatever that may be.

I don't know what happened to him, I only heard about it from a friend of mine who had talked to his mother. As I recall, he was in Africa somewhere when he got hurt and I don't know what happened after that.
Fix-it
*Salutes* frown.gif
Vegas
I'm floored, just completely floored.

Frosty, You'll be missed by all of us here. I hope you're in a much better place. May you be in peace and may your family find solace with time.

Backgammon
I'd like to share this snip that Frosty wrote once on the forums. It was a small paragraph, but it struck me and honestly I was inspired by his courage and force of character.

QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
I had this same struggle. My grandpa did 15 years in the Foreign Legion and my pop did 10 + 4 (same four as me wink.gif ). I wasn't sure what to do after high school and I had a great girlfriend of 2 years at the time. After looking into law enforcment and the Air Force, and talking to my dad about it, it became really clear that he wanted to see me follow in his footsteps. He told me: "Every man needs to cut ties once in his lifetime and do something truely extraordinary." Those words stuck with me for months until it was drivng me mad. So, after a particularly bad day at work, I took my final paycheck (that should explain it right there), said goodbye to my girl, and bought a one-way plane ticket (with layovers in Boston and New York, mind you) to Paris and signed up. Looking back, It was one of the best things i could've done for myself, and like any man (or woman) who serves, it is something special that nobody can ever take away from you. My only regret is leaving my girlfriend. She was absolutely amazing, and I never have heard from her again, let alone even heard news of what she's doing.

Rest in peace.
Lindt
This might sound a little off, but has anyone considered something to send to his family, from us? I know it might be a bit odd, to get a letter signed by 50 people that he never actually met, but just the same...

will_rj
oh, boy.
Shadow
I have been trying to find out if he was married, I wanted to start a paypal donation for his family.
thefather
wow thats really rough.....i know i don't post much but i'm always here
and he will be missed

"only in death dose duty end"
Zolhex
I too did know of Frosty sad to hear he has passed on.
toturi
What happened? frown.gif

*sigh* I have had friends that died. But it is times like these, when someone you know only through the internet dies that you realise that it is a real person on the other end. This is the second time this year I had to bury an Internet friend.

I do not know Frosty's religion and I hope that no one will be offended by this:

Sanctissima Trinitas, unus Deus, miserere mei nunc et in hora mortis meae. Amen.
NightmareX
I only saw Frosty's posts in passing, but he will be missed. But, as I told my best friend when his grandfather died (as a compliment, not an insult) - "Old soldiers never die, they just go to hell and regroup".

Semper Fi Frosty.
Nidhogg
I've never had any kind of interaction with Frosty, but he seemed like a nice guy, and I can say that I very much enjoyed some of his posts on this board. I hope his family is doing OK.
mmu1
Mhmm. I don't want to be an asshole, but this is a pretty serious thing, so... how do we know this is true?

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'm not inclined to just believe someone who calls himself "Dirtnap" and doesn't have any details. (especially with people providing conflicting info on him being in Iraq and somewhere in Africa)
Jrayjoker
My condolences as well. He is missed.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (mmu1)
Mhmm. I don't want to be an asshole, but this is a pretty serious thing, so... how do we know this is true?

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'm not inclined to just believe someone who calls himself "Dirtnap" and doesn't have any details. (especially with people providing conflicting info on him being in Iraq and somewhere in Africa)

Where is the benefit in lying?
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Where is the benefit in lying?

Where is the benefit in trolling?

Personally, since (while I am saddened by this news) none of my plans revolve around the status of the probably-departed, I'm going to assume it's entirely true until something indicates otherwise (like, for example, Frosty showing up in a month to start a thread or something). That said, there is enough motivation in mischief-making to cover the very simple expenditure of time and energy it would take to fake this.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012